The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 8: April 2012 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it is un-gentlemanly of me to discuss the cost of a lady's wardrobe - ;-) - I imagine that Catherine got a deal on it....else she paid full price and got a deal on the hat or something. Otherwise, she might have bought it at it's true worth (abit of leather and some metal probably a few pounds) whilst the public at large are fleeced for ££££s for such designer items. Whatever the cost, value or worth of this wretched belt, I doubt whether it fell off the back of a lorry travelling at high speed down the Mall.

Who cares how much the belt cost. Rich people spend that amount of money on accessories all the time. And Kate is better than some seeing as how she is prone to recycling.

'You're meant to be a princessy type of person, so act like 'one!': Shoe designer Nicholas Kirkwood slams The Duchess of Cambridge's taste in shoes
Shoe maestro Nicholas Kirkwood has slammed The Duchess of Cambridge for her conservative taste in footwear. The designer who is known for his extreme creations favoured by Beyonce and Sarah Jessica Parker, spoke out in an interview with The Daily Beast. ‘She just wears too much high street stuff. I know she’s trying to be democratic, but I don’t know how many pairs of LK Bennett you can wear.’
If this is the type of shoes he thinks Kate should wear, I'm glad she isn't "princessy" type of person! :eek:

Last edited:
:previous: In fairness to Mr Kirkman, that shoe is designed on a 'Pearly Queen' theme, which is not to everyone's taste. You can see a Pearly King and Queen here:

Pearly Kings and Queens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's funny that just yesterday people here were complaining about Kate buying a designer belt, and yet designers are complaining that she's not wearing enough designer clothes! I think this guy's problem isn't so much that Kate wears too few designer creations, but that she has so far chosen not to wear any of his designer creations.

Maybe Carrie Bradshaw from "Sex and the City" might like a shot at those shoes and a hat to match!;) And this shoe designer sounds very disgruntled just like clothing designer Vivienne Westwood did who probably thought Kate should wear some of her bizarre fashions as well. He sounds like a load of sour grapes and Kate should just stick with the style that looks good on her.

Last edited:
Artemisia said:

What is he taking about, the shoes Kate wears are simple, classy and elegant like a royal and all female royals wear that type of shoe. The type of shoe that this person wants Kate to wear is just horrible, I wouldnt even wear such an ugly shoe, he should just mind his own business and keep his comments to himself and let Kate wear the LK Benetts they are way better for Kate than his ugly suggestion.

:previous:
Completely agree.
The shoes Kate wears are one thing that I always admired; they are elegant, comfortable and beautiful looking.

i love the fact you can buy what kate wears and its not out of our price range

semisquare said:
i love the fact you can buy what kate wears and its not out of our price range

Depends who "our" is. I certainly can't afford what she wears, nor would I want to spend that money if I could unless I won the lottery.

:previous: The shoes the designer is suggesting are fit for a drag queen, not the future queen of England. 'Hideous' is the only word I can come up with. Catherine's shoes are classy, and appropriate. I may not be a fan of high heels, but I think she pulls them off well. I do love her London/French Sole ballet flats, and considering getting a pair for myself. What Catherine wears is relatively affordable, which to me means you don't have to be a millionaire to buy it. However, you do have to have a decently paying job (unless you are able to find a store that carries name brands for low prices, like TJ Maxx or Marshall's here in the States).

Daria, the stores you mention do have items carrying name brands, but you will not find the same items as one would find in a department store. Designers design and have clothing manufactured exclusively for those shops and outlet malls. They may resemble the original designs, but the fabric and workmanship is lesser.

Actually, I like the Pearly Queen shoes, but not for Kate.

Her shoes are the one thing I consistently love about her style. The designer's shoes are heinous IMO.

Last edited:
Daria, the stores you mention do have items carrying name brands, but you will not find the same items as one would find in a department store. Designers design and have clothing manufactured exclusively for those shops and outlet malls. They may resemble the original designs, but the fabric and workmanship is lesser.

Actually, I like the Pearly Queen shoes, but not for Kate.

Interesting. I try to buy my clothing at a department store, because I want the best quality, so I had no clue that the outlet malls carried things that were a bit different and of lesser quality. Thank you for the heads-up.

:previous:sometimes there are "real" department store finds at TJs and marshalls, etc, but are always at least last year's...
Also, at my local Ralph lauren outlet, there is one rack that is from the "real" stores

:previous: I think this guy's problem isn't so much that Kate wears too few designer creations, but that she has so far chosen not to wear any of his designer creations.

Perfect point!!!!! I think he has the same problem, that Vivienne Westwood had last year. KATE IS NOT BYING FROM THEM!

Last edited:
This is a joke right?! No woman not on a stage taking her clothes off for money or looking for a man at a club would wear those shoes.
This has to be a gag; was this printed on April 1st?

:previous:
First thing I did was to check the date; unfortunately, it was printed a month too late! :lol:
Mind you, certain fashion victims might consider wearing those to feel "fashion forward".

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever who this so-called designer of shoes is and have never heard of him, but I would add that : -
A) it is less likely now than ever that Catherine will ever wear his shoes
B) if he had the wits to send her a pair of STYLISH shoes on approval she might have started wearing his designs
C) his shoes designs would indeed look perfect on a drag-artist or at least on the feet of a tarty landlady running a cheap B&B in the 1970's
D) The photo of him carrying a fashion award is superb.......I presume he gave the award back to the person he was kindly carrying it for...

I hope Catherine stays away from those shoes. I can't even picture Kim Kardashian wearing those.

Perfect point!!!!! I think he has the same problem, that Vivienne Westwood had last year. KATE IS NOT BYING FROM THEM!

Absolutely!
Kate wears sensible comfortable clothes.
She is trying not to be the center of attention for her clothes, and I think that's a positive.

I've liked some of her choices, disliked others, but I've never thought she looked unsuitable for any event she attended.

This is a joke right?! No woman not on a stage taking her clothes off for money or looking for a man at a club would wear those shoes.
This has to be a gag; was this printed on April 1st?

Those shoes are the footwear equivalent of the silly hats these women wear. :p I still like the fuzzy, pearly things tho. As objects of design. I might even wear them to a party with a little black dress.

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever who this so-called designer of shoes is and have never heard of him, but I would add that : -
A) it is less likely now than ever that Catherine will ever wear his shoes
B) if he had the wits to send her a pair of STYLISH shoes on approval she might have started wearing his designs
C) his shoes designs would indeed look perfect on a drag-artist or at least on the feet of a tarty landlady running a cheap B&B in the 1970's
D) The photo of him carrying a fashion award is superb.......I presume he gave the award back to the person he was kindly carrying it for...

This had me nodding and giggling. Great points (the last one is my favorite though) :D :ROFLMAO:.

Yes I also think that she doesn't want to be the center of the attention because of her clothes..she has, until now, chosen the right clothes, not too mucht, but perfect!

I love Kate's shoes. I think they are classy and elegant. I am glad she (and other royals) does not wear flashy shoes!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom