The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm View Post
While I think the lace dress is beautiful, I also think it looks totally flat on Kate from the front view.
I have to agree.

I didn't really appreciate how lovely the lace was nor how beautiful the colour was on her until I saw her on the balcony. Unfortunately the bottom half was straight as a board, and boring.

Her shoes were a major disappointment. She doesn't need such high, clunky platform shoes. The soles don't flex and make walking in them about as feminine as wearing army boots! A more delicate and less structured look would have looked better with the fragility of the lace.

The hat! Ah, the hat. As hats go I have to admit that while it is not my favourite, it is quite delicate and went well with the lace of her dress.

All in all, I think she looked quite lovely. Now so long as we don't get an encore performance of "Who Wore It Best" from the Mail, I'll be even happier.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:21 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenafran View Post
I thought she looked very pretty but I wish she would lighten up on the makeup, shesh. Just HMO.
Her makeup isn't too heavy, but it could be lighter,
but I believe her beautiful eyes are the focal point of her face,
and she accentuates that using darker makeup on her eyes ..
but in some areas her makeup is not well-blended ( you can actually see he cheek contouring line in some lightings)

Old 06-06-2012, 04:43 AM
Majesty

She looks stunning! I love the color and the design, it's so elegant! Simply beautiful!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:43 AM
Heir Apparent

She did look the best, her figure, her posture, her dress, just lovely
Old 06-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I saw her a little bit at the TV yesterday evening. She was like a FAIRY!! Her moving, her dress, everything!!! Magnificent.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Nobility

I thought the pale beige dress Kate wore to St Paul's Cathedral yesterday was a much better length than what we've been used to for her daywear lately. Mind you, that red dress she wore for the Thames Jubilee pageant was gorgeous and brightened up a very dreary, cool and wet day.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

IMO She looked so beautiful in her nude lace dress. It´s delicate and feminine. She wears nude very well, because of her skin colour, many other women look too washed out when wearing it.
The same goes for the hat, it´s not my favourite, most women would look ridiculous with it, but somehow it works on her, she has the features and the hair to pull it off.
So overall this is quite a Kate-look, not easy to copy and wear so beatifully by anybody. I quite like that

Old 06-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Aristocracy

Catherine looked lovely yesterday and I agree she does do light neutrals well. I do think I liked the red McQueen just a bit more. I thought it had a bit of fun/spunkiness to it and really flattered her figure.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Majesty

Spletnik -The focus is on hats

Lady Sarah Chatto's ensemble is an example of refined simplicity.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Simplicity is almost always elegant and stylish, imho.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Majesty

Refined simplicity without looking mousy and boring is very difficult to achieve. No one in the British royal family does it better than Lady Sarah. Here is a better look at her ensemble.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: The Thanksgiving Jubilee Service
Old 06-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Very difficult, indeed. The link you provided showed that it can be achieved.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
Here we go. First, I quoted your post in response to you because you quoted mine #Post495 replying to the members who said Kate was plain and average looking.

Second, of course I respect your opinion, you even can find her unatracttive if you want, just give us arguments. Where have you seen I didn't respect your opinion??? We are discussing. There's a huge difference between non-respect (insults, personaal attacks) and discussion (arguments), we are living in democracies, and disagreement doesn't mean by any meaning non-respect!!!
i misunderstood you, 'cause i felt back then you were not respecting our opinions and thus making yours the top right, so i appologize
Old 06-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I thought she looked incredibly chic and every inch a royal princess and future Queen. Home run appearance in my book.

She's really stepped it up lately.
I agree 100%. totally true.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Does Kate Middleton only own ONE pair of shoes? Asks LIZ JONES | Mail Online
Old 06-07-2012, 06:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

If Kate's annoying the completely barmy Liz Jones, then she's clearly doing something right.

Ms Jones seems to believe that Kate's job is to 'surprise us', and that she should dump the £185 LK Bennets for the £600-800 Aruna Seths (who also, surprise surprise, sells plenty of pairs of nude heels only at more than twice the price of the LK Bennets).

If Kate likes her LK Bennets then she should be free to wear them as much as she wants.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Who really cares if Kate wears the same heels, if they are comfortable, then why not wear them as much as you can.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Liz Jones ... no comment.
Maybe Kate bought five pairs of the same shoes, like QEII does.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Honesty, does Liz Jones ever do anything but critising others? Apart from revealing tacky details about herself, of course.
I'm not a shoe expert, but I'd make a guess Kate wears this particular pair often because:
- She likes them
- They are comfortable
- They go with most outfits
- She doesn't feel like buying a new pair of shoes for every outfit just to make Liz happy
Old 06-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Honesty, does Liz Jones ever do anything but critising others? Apart from revealing tacky details about herself, of course.
I'm not a shoe expert, but I'd make a guess Kate wears this particular pair often because:
- She likes them
- They are comfortable
- They go with most outfits
- She doesn't feel like buying a new pair of shoes for every outfit just to make Liz happy
True to that!
A nude colored shoe can be very versatile and worn with almost everything!
so it's not like a disaster or anything if it was worn frequently

Closed Thread