The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

This reminds me of the dress that Princess Grace wore for her wedding civil ceremony. Both outfits are beautiful.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Elegant outfit and beautiful colour on Kate today - one of the best McQueen outfits she has worn yet

Old 06-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Courtier

Kate looks absolutely exquisite in this lace creation. It is both timeless and elegant whilst the shade is just glorious. The hat is equally beautiful and suits her perfectly.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Heir Apparent

One word:

PERFECTION!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Heir Apparent

she does like Mcqueen!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Elegant outfit and beautiful colour on Kate today - one of the best McQueen outfits she has worn yet
Totally agree - I was not always really happy with her outfits but the red one and this is really really perfect.
Interesting - both are Burton/MqQueen.
....and I won't dare to ask - new earings and NOT custom jewelry?
Old 06-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Better front view;
Old 06-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just beautiful. Kate has certainly built a strong relationship with Sarah Burton and Alexander McQueen.

Charlene of Monaco has a relationship with Akris, and yet their clothes just do not suit her. You could never say that about Kate and McQueen.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Royal Highness

I love this dress, also the red dress she wore on sunday. Kate looked perfect at the Diamond Jubilee Weekend.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Gorgeous, I like this best of the Jubilee outfits. Perfection.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Kate looked lovely today. I like how she kept it simple with the color choice. I also thought it was a smart idea to continue the lining on the sleeves. Im not crazy about the hat, the flower is a bit too big/sticks out too much for my taste.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Courtier

Waw, that pink nude colors suits a lot her, and the cut, fabric and belt detaling are just stunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-fan72
What i just do not understand is that most people here do not accept the fact that there are people out there that do not like Kate. Big comments are made to people who do not like her. I am allowed to you know. And this has nothing to do with Diana. I do like people who have a real personality and Kate has not. Neither do i like for instance Maxima (i am dutch), she has no personality too, she is fake, although her clothes are mostly super same for Mary from Denmark.
And how do you know about Kate's personality, did you approach her or so? We accept and respect of course your opinion if it's so, but in the begining you started by saying that Kate is an average looking woman who is plain, and as fandesacs2003 has well said, average looking women are not 5'10, don't have such as perfect figure, smile etc...and now you are talking about personlity. I myself didn't like some Kate's outfits, but that doesn't make her an average looking woman who has nothing special, her body belongs to her thanks to her good genes, and she didn't receive it since she became a royal it with the clothes she wears and apparentely you don't like
Old 06-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I like the hat, something about the dress is very matronly, must be the lace.

By the way, for me the fashion relationship with Sarah Burton / McQueen is not a match made in heaven, when I recall there are more designs that didnt suit Kate than did. IMO of course.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Courtier

I hope this doesn't turn into a body shamming tread. There are different body types and women shouldn't be bash for it.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Serene Highness

imo i think the dress and hat are lovely together, there is something about her and lace that is so darling, imo i dont think a lot of people can wear lace and look good. example someone at my age,body shape and size ....whew... i would look very matronly and not to mention the hat ...yeah just call me granny but she is so slim imo she still looks classy
Old 06-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
imo i think the dress and hat are lovely together, there is something about her and lace that is so darling, imo i dont think a lot of people can wear lace and look good. example someone at my age,body shape and size ....whew... i would look very matronly and not to mention the hat ...yeah just call me granny but she is so slim imo she still looks classy
I agree with you. Catherine can definitely wear lace with a ton elegance and grace (and I'm not trying to rhyme on purpose).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Serene Highness

Kim Kardashian and Tulisa have both worn Duchess of Cambridge's Alexander McQueen pageant dress | Mail Online
good examples,,,kim is way to luscious(in a good way but not with this dresss)
tulisa doesnt seem to have a narrow waist
duchess has a narrow enought waist,and thights are slim so it fits her and imo the style of hat she wears goes well with her long hair, i hope she keep thehair length
Old 06-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
One word:

PERFECTION!!!
Indeed!
I love everything about this look
Old 06-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Absolutely beautiful. Love the dress, love the hair, love the facinator. I have to say this, McQueen might not be my cup of tea sometimes, but the tailoring on the dresses from that fashion house are second to none. No cheap looking fabrics and no stitches out of line.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Beautiful. She looked great these last three days.