The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
If Catherine is to be considered to be plain than an awful lot of women should just stay inside and put a bag over their heads because they would never measure up to your exacting standards.
I had the same thought. It also occurred to me that people's standards of beauty these days are derived from magazine images and TV. And none of that is real... it's all heavily airbrushed, photoshopped, made up, etc...

Old 06-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I had the same thought. It also occurred to me that people's standards of beauty these days are derived from magazine images and TV. And none of that is real... it's all heavily airbrushed, photoshopped, made up, etc...
That is true, when people see celebs with skin pores that has not been airbrused out it's consider a major flaws.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Aristocracy

It's been a long time since I've been in this thread but my original thoughts about Kate's style have changed. Formerly, I wasn't impressed by her fashion sense. However, she has really come a long way since marrying Prince William. She still has her misses, but overall she just looks more refined, more put together, and more elegant (terms I would never have used to describe her style pre-marriage). I'm actually starting to look foward to what she wears these days.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Serene Highness

so what did she wear to epsom darby race?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
so what did she wear to epsom darby race?
I don't think she was there- didn't see any pictures. I noticed actually that Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall, William, Harry and Catherine all missed the derby, so perhaps they were in last minute preparations for tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
I love the style of the 1940's and 1950's. I'm not gone on the 1960's which is weird considering that is the decade I was born in.
Take a survey. I've noticed that the decades before we're born tend to draw us - interest us. For myself, I love the 30's and 40's. Go figure!
Old 06-03-2012, 03:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

When it comes to important ladies who have to look respectable as well as fashionable I think the modern reinterpretation of the fashions of the 30s-50's look the best on them. Though about a week ago Princess Charlene wore a beautiful gold dress that seemed to be inspired by Flappers.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 06-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

We'll get better pictures later, but for now, here is Kate's outfit today:
- Front view
- Side view

Horrible quality pictures, but they give an idea of the brilliant red ensemble she chose.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love the red ensemble. She looks fantastic.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Commoner

Royals take to river to celebrate Queen's Diamond Jubilee - World - CBC News

A clearer picture in this video though others do block some of it.
Thou many-headed monster-thing, O who would wish to be thy king?--
Old 06-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Nobility

That shade of red is great on her!
I'm lovin the hat as well
Old 06-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

A slightly better picture.
Kate looks lovely!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Looking nice, I can't wait for better pictures though, but red is a nice colour on her.

Also, William

Old 06-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

of course she's not the most ultimate ideal beauty of a fairytale princess (its rare who does, aka: Princess Grace) but she is far from plain and she has her own charisma and prettiness, shes a little above average, so i find her charming!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate is wearing an Alexander McQueen dress. Her hat is by Sylvia Fletcher from royal milliner James Lock & Co.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Here's another picture. She looks beautiful!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...zo5o1_1280.jpg
Old 06-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Courtier

She's little bit above than average and plain???, Kate is a real beauty, how much women around you, you know who have such as figure and charisma, some people are sometimes really in bad faith!!!

I am watching the event on a french TV, and Karl Lagerfiedl had just said that what she was wearing today is perfect and there's no faux-pas...and we know that all he's not the kind of person who sends followers if there's something he doesn't like, even if it comes about royals. He also talked about Beatrice and Eugenie's hats and said they made nice choices this year, unlike last year for the wedding, when he said that they made them clownish , and thanks for his rude comment, fashion forums talked a lot about that, and the hats were selled on bidding for 90.000 euros.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora
She's little bit above than average and plain???, Kate is a real beauty, how much women around you, you know who have such as figure and charisma, some people are sometimes really in bad faith!!!

I am watching the event on a french TV, and Karl Lagerfiedl had just said that what she was wearing today is perfect and there's no faux-pas...and we know that all he's not the kind of person who sends followers if there's something he doesn't like, even if it comes about royals. He also talked about Beatrice and Eugenie's hats and said they made nice choices this year, unlike last year for the wedding, when he said that they made them clownish , and thanks for his rude comment, fashion forums talked a lot about that, and the hats were selled on bidding for 90.000 euros.
Well said. Kate looks radiant.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Today's look is just sublime on Kate and there's no question for me that she is a lovely woman.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Commoner

Kate
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...3_964x1440.jpg

Closed Thread