The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Serene Highness

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...73_634x875.jpg

boring to some but classy to others :)

Old 05-28-2012, 06:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Pale colours are always a winner to me...I admire for for not beeing too mucht pretentious...I admire her for her simplicity and elegance at the same time. She can be superior, tastefully but simple and to me that is the best aprroach!

Old 05-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Courtier

Am new to this great thread.

Without commenting on individual past outfits I'll start off by saying that, to date, I find the majority of Kate's outfits to be very conservative. IMO, she dresses like someone much, much older than her.

Of the few "young" outfits which she wore I liked the dress and jacket she wore the morning after the wedding and the dress she wore to the Gary Barlow concert.

I'm looking forward to seeing what she wears next.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsessan View Post
The dress is nice, but nothing special. Her make-up doesn't look good, especially in this picture
I think she looks nice, but not exceedingly madeup as her usual! it's good to just commingle with the crowd every once in a while . . . I believe I saw another royal wearing a similar outfit that night . . .

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 05-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danishla View Post

I believe I saw another royal wearing a similar outfit that night . . .
That night. ? As in at the dinner hosted by Charles & Camilla. ? I don't recall any of the ladies wearing a short, pleated dress.

Charlene of Monaco wore pink that night but her evening dress and Kate's day dress were streets apart.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...73_634x875.jpg

boring to some but classy to others :)
It does not work, can't open.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
It does not work, can't open.
It's the dress Kate wore for the Lunch with Monarchs. Here is the picture:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 05-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Garden Party today - same dress as Lunch with Monarchs plus a hat! Typical DM - damning with faint praise

Thrifty Kate gets her money's worth out of £1,200 designer dress as she recycles Jubilee dress for Palace garden party | Mail Online

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The Royal Garden Party today - same dress as Lunch with Monarchs plus a hat! Typical DM - damning with faint praise

Thrifty Kate gets her money's worth out of £1,200 designer dress as she recycles Jubilee dress for Palace garden party | Mail Online
I dont recall seeing Kate recycling in such a short period of time or recycling at all. Nice to see this again, its a nice coat dress for the event BUT Kate should've worn a brooch with this, it looks too plain.. I don't know what to think of the hat, its quite an old style which works well with the dress but I don't really like it. There are many nice hats out there.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the outfit is just okay am still deciding what I think about the hat am not crazy about all that lace.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

For the amount of money Kate paid for the dress, she should recycle it, but a brooch would have been a nice addition as she wore for the luncheon. And with her hair pulled back nicely, a brooch would have shown up well. The hat is nice, but I'd have liked it better if not for the peak side; looks like a tricorn from that angle. But at least it's not a huge dish like some hats I've seen.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The hat is not my favourite; the general design reminds me of satellite dishes Sophie favours, with the addition of some rather ugly details.
The dress is nice but I have never been overly fond of it.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's some ugly hat... weird size and a decidedly odd shape, extremely unflattering.
And why on earth would you wear Great-Granny's crochet coasters sewn to your hat as 'embellishments'...?!

I had the impression that she was beginning to tone down her make up somewhat, but here it is again applied with a shovel - not too smart for a day event.
But the shade of pink is beautiful, and at least her hair is not all over the place this time.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Completely agree with you.

The hat is horrible. Here is a close up; the more I see it, the more I hate it.
Her makeup looks just too heavy, especially the blusher.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Boris,
You are spot-on with your assessment of Catherine's, Duchess of Cambridge, hat. Tanned complexion is not particularly flattering.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Nobility

you know what? I actually liked the hat and thought it went very well with the dress. And I also prefer the shoes worn this time. I did not lke at all the previous satin shoes - their shape was not flattering.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I disliked the dress when first worn and hate it now, the hat looks stupid.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

The only thing I like about the hat is that it keeps the hair out of the way. Other than that, this thing is plain ugly.
Make up ... no comment. It almost looks like theater make up, up close its rather clownish.
I do like the dress, the shade of pink is pretty. Without a brooch etc the design is too plain.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

My feelings exactly, Boris and Duke! I cannot add anything to what either of you had to say...
Old 05-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the hat as well. The dress is rather plain, but pretty and suitable; and the hat can be "fussy" as a result. The Dss of Cambridge was there as junior to the Dss of Cornwall, and so it was only right that she didn't "turn up the volume."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbruno View Post
you know what? I actually liked the hat and thought it went very well with the dress. And I also prefer the shoes worn this time. I did not lke at all the previous satin shoes - their shape was not flattering.