The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd rather see the shoes from the side before passing judgement. You can't get the proper effect from the front alone.

One thing we can be sure of, they're nicer than the shoes King Mswati's wife was wearing, which were actually designed by someone who criticised Kate's choice of shoes!

Old 05-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Very cute dress...I really like the color. The only thing I don't like are the shoes. They don't seem to go with the outfit. Other than that, she looks lovely and was one of the best dressed at today's luncheon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
One thing we can be sure of, they're nicer than the shoes King Mswati's wife was wearing, which were actually designed by someone who criticised Kate's choice of shoes!
I just saw her shoes. Yikes! They're awful.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Majesty

I love the pink dress. It's very understated, yet still elegant and classy. I love the color; it's lovely with Catherine's complexion. The shoes are nice. The beige goes good with light pink. I believe her clutch matches her shoes.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice pink dress, pleats are for her. Same problem with hair, would like to see the brooch. Love the shoes.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Nobility

It is perhaps on the 'mature' side, but I really do like Catherine's dress from the luncheon. It was a classic, feminine piece in a lovely color, although perhaps not Catherine's best shade, and well tailored. She really does wear pleats well.

The jewellery looked lovely – I found it exciting to see her in a brooch. For me, the shoes were just ok.

Her hair and makeup were typical, and yes I would have liked to see her with her hair up or pulled back so that the neckline would be better displayed and the jewellery shown off. (For me, it is not about a dislike of her hair, or being in the 'hair up' or 'hair down' camp; it is no more sinister than a case of what style I would like to see with a particular outfit, just like I might like to see certain accessories with a given outfit.)

All-in-all, Catherine looked elegant, very understated and, most importantly, very appropriate for the event.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Royal Highness

Catherine Looks So Pretty , her Dress Nice Simple Elegant & Suit her very well , I Like The Color Of the Dress & Looks Nice On Kate , The Brooch gave Classic Royalty Touch To The Dress , Successful Choice , her Diamond earring Lovely , Thank you ALL for Posting .
Old 05-19-2012, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The dress color was nice, great for the season but I would've liked to see her in something less boring. The shoes IMO were not nice, the hair all over the place and the outfit was too plain. Kate did wear a brooch but unfortunately if left at home would be ideal as the hair was covering it in most pictures.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:00 AM
Courtier

What does she wear for the evening, or she was not in the banquet?!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
What does she wear for the evening, or she was not in the banquet?!!!
She was not a the banquet.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Commoner

Back off, Kate Middleton haters! Prince William's wife doesn't deserve this | Now Says | Now Magazine

I wonder if the writer has been reading the posts here?
Thou many-headed monster-thing, O who would wish to be thy king?--
Old 05-20-2012, 12:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyoftheLake View Post
Personally, I haven't seen any posts on the Royal Forums calling Kate a gold-digger or accusations of her ensnaring William, so I doubt that the source of where the writer got those ideas came from here. Usually, threads get closed down for cleanup when discussions and comments cross the line. And normally any comment about Kate's weight gets quickly tossed out by the mods. There are definitely highly opinionated people here discussing her hair, makeup, outfits etc., but there are a lot of other forums out there that are really OTT and vicious when discussing royals. And I really don't think that pertains to here.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

The pink dress is fab! But the shoes! Wow...the shoes ruined the outfit for me. She should've worn the Jimmy Choo's she wore at the event earlier this week.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

CrownPrincess55, those shoes were very beautiful and I still want a pair. But I do wonder if those shoes would be suitable for a luncheon like this where monarchs and royals from around the world were gathered. What do you think?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-20-2012, 06:29 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Several posts have been removed as they were off-topic to the thread. Please stick to the topic, and be respectful to one another.

If you have any issues with moderator decisions within the fashion forum, please contact one of the fashion moderators - myself, dazzling and iceflower - and do not post them within the thread, as this does not follow TRF's guidelines.

JessRulz
House of Fashion Moderator
Old 05-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Royal Highness

Personally I am convinced that Mary once gave Marie a dress to have it recoloured and that the same happened to the Issa-dress of Catherine. In both cases the original colour went well with the new one and I personally bet we won't see that "blue" Issa dress agin. Just like we didn't see the grey dress again on Mary after Marie wore it in purple...
Old 05-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Courtier

Pippa has worn that dress like two years before Kate got engaged
Old 05-22-2012, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Personally I am convinced that Mary once gave Marie a dress to have it recoloured and that the same happened to the Issa-dress of Catherine. In both cases the original colour went well with the new one and I personally bet we won't see that "blue" Issa dress agin. Just like we didn't see the grey dress again on Mary after Marie wore it in purple...
I dont agree. The dresses are affordable and therefore I don't see why each one could have their hands on the same dress in a different colors especially since they buy outfits from the same designers.

Kate might not wear her blue dress again simple because it was her engagement outfit and I know many women who won't wear their engagement outfit again as its a special occasion and won't repeat it.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:43 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...73_634x875.jpg

B-O-R-I-N-G
nice colour but the rest is so dull ... strange shoes I agree. Kate is far too young to wear "uniform" like QEII or Queen Beatrix.
Great hair but all over the place, harsh make up its like a broken record.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Courtier

The pink dress is lovely and good for the event she is trying not to up stage the Queen.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Personally, I haven't seen any posts on the Royal Forums calling Kate a gold-digger or accusations of her ensnaring William, so I doubt that the source of where the writer got those ideas came from here. Usually, threads get closed down for cleanup when discussions and comments cross the line. And normally any comment about Kate's weight gets quickly tossed out by the mods. There are definitely highly opinionated people here discussing her hair, makeup, outfits etc., but there are a lot of other forums out there that are really OTT and vicious when discussing royals. And I really don't think that pertains to here.
i agree kate at least had a college education and would have made money on her own unlike other plus kate's family has money so the question is why all the hateing?
dont forget princess di's had two sons and harry is still available