The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I don't think she owns any pearls or many brooches in all honesty.
I agree with you. Also, many of her generation do not wear pearls or brooches. That said, I think in h er psotion, Catherine can get away with wearing them, and in he process, bring both brooches and pearls back into fashion

Old 05-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Nobility

Kate is wearing a pink double wool crepe coat dress - Emilia Wickstead - for the luncheon. The first photos are just coming through - but so far, I like what I see.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think Kate might be wearing her wedding earrings, what do you guys think?. See here:

Preview
Old 05-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR
I think Kate might be wearing her wedding earrings, what do you guys think?. See here:

Preview
I don't think they are her wedding earrings, as these look like a square cut dangling...but I do think they are new to us.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I don't think they are her wedding earrings, as these look like a square cut dangling...but I do think they are new to us.
I think these are the diamond earrign she has worn on a number of occassions, the first of these being in Canada with the purple dress. More recently, she wore them at her first solo engagement at the National Portrait gallery.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Definitely not her wedding earrings.
You can see them a bit more clearly in this picture. They look like diamond to me.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Duchess

http://i48.tinypic.com/z8io4.jpg

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Party of three: Kate, William and Harry welcome sovereign monarchs for Jubilee lunch
Old 05-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Nobility

I love her dress. The pretty colour, the cut around the neck, the skirt, such a femine dress.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Catherine's, Duchess of Cambridge, ensemble was lovely. Her make up and hairstyle are so so.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I have to agree with Al_bina.
The dress is lovely, and I love the delicate brooch and earrings.
The shoes are average and do blend well with the dress, the makeup is a bit too heavy and yes, I'm one of the team up-do; wish she'd styled her hair similar to her last evening appearance.

- Full view of the dress without watermarks
Old 05-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love the dress, the color suits Catherine well. The brooch is lovely. I too am on Team Up-Do. I would have loved to have seen a helf up/half down today, that way you could have seen the brooch and the earrings. Hopefully at the next event.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate had her hair up just a week ago. She was always unlikely, given what we've seen of her over the last year, to wear it up for 2 engagements in a row.

I get the feeling that some people won't be satisfied until she wears it up pretty much all the time. I thought the complaints about her not doing so would die down for at least a while after last Friday night, but it would appear not.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I get the feeling that some people won't be satisfied until she wears it up pretty much all the time. I thought the complaints about her not doing so would die down for at least a while after last Friday night, but it would appear not.
I have no problems with Kate wearing her hair down, EIIR, especially on morning/everyday engagements. Although this one could be classified as "morning" as well, it was still one of the most high-profile events Kate has attended to day and I would really love to see her hair up.

This is a fashion thread and our opinions differ; I just express mine without insulting and (hopefully) hurting anyone's feelings.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

i am in love with that cute dress.
Catherine looks Princess in every inch.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Kate had her hair up just a week ago. She was always unlikely, given what we've seen of her over the last year, to wear it up for 2 engagements in a row.

I think she should just get a Princess Anne hairstyle and be done with it.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I have no problems with Kate wearing her hair down, EIIR, especially on morning/everyday engagements. Although this one could be classified as "morning" as well, it was still one of the most high-profile events Kate has attended to day and I would really love to see her hair up.

This is a fashion thread and our opinions differ; I just express mine without insulting and (hopefully) hurting anyone's feelings.
I have no problem with other opinions. My point simply was that given Kate wore her hair up so recently, one would think that that would satisfy the updo fanatics for a few weeks at least. But no, only her 2nd appearance since the gala last Friday and we're back to the same old complaints that we've heard a million times before about Kate not wearing her hair up.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

But those aren't complaints, are they? Those are just suggestions.
Queen Margrethe of Denmark wore a grey suit today; while I like the Queen, I do think she could have chosen something more flattering or colourful. I'm not complaining - just expressing opinion. Similarly, Kate has great hair and I understand why she likes wearing them down (not to mention, she may be just more comfortable with the style); however, at the same time I would like to see her wearing her hair up more often. It's not as though I'm writing to Clarence House with complaints, is it?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Nobility

After obseving the Duchess for one year, I've come to the conclusion she is beautiful, elegant, always dress apropriatly and finally I like her. It is hard to explain why you appreciate or not a person you have never met.
Anyway, I have never had problems with her hair but I have begun to think she should at least put it behind her ears. It is kind of boring never beeing able to see her earings, broochs, necklaces and details of her outfits.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
I think she should just get a Princess Anne hairstyle and be done with it.
I don't think that would even satisfy the updo people, miche. Some of them actually weren't happy with last Friday's updo as it was apparently 'too busy'. You couldn't make it up sometimes.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Actually the dress is growing on me, when EIIR guessed it I hated the style. But it looks chic on Catherine and the colour is understated yet stands out.