The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 06:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't much care for the dress, although I like the color.

However, I think Kate would have looked out of place in jeans when most of the women present were wearing (designer) dresses. (One commented that her dress had been made by Alice Temperley).

Also, the event had lots of celebrities, it's not like she was going to stand around in a muddy field all alone. Kate often wears jeans, so obviously she did not think them appropriate for what was really an afternoon party.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Further posts commenting on the Duchess of Cambridge's body weight and legs will be deleted without notice.
Please let me remind you that this is a fashion thread.

Thank you!

Old 05-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Duchess of Cambridge 'gaining fashion confidence'
belfasttelegraph.co.uk
Old 05-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't much care for the dress, although I like the color.

However, I think Kate would have looked out of place in jeans when most of the women present were wearing (designer) dresses. (One commented that her dress had been made by Alice Temperley).

Also, the event had lots of celebrities, it's not like she was going to stand around in a muddy field all alone. Kate often wears jeans, so obviously she did not think them appropriate for what was really an afternoon party.
Right.
I've noticed that in these poloi games, people of a certain social circle, are always dressed-up, never casually. (Remember also the film Pretty woman, and how Julia Roberts is dressed, silk dress and hat)
So it is normal for Kate to choose this outfit. We may like or not like this particular dress, but the style was appropriate. Choosing to wear jeans and wellies, it had been very wrong.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
You said it wasn't cold enough to wear a jumper, but she wore a long sleeve dress. That was my comment.
Am I missing a trick here, or if you wear something with sleeves, it must be cold enough to wear a jumper?
Old 05-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Serene Highness

all of you have missed the whole point of this-she can run in high heels
Old 05-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Courtier

lol, I do think high heels are very different than wedges
Old 05-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
Good point! I actually feel less stable in wedges than normal high heels, not sure why. Could just be that I don't really like wedges, although the navy ones Kate has worn from Zara with the peep toe are pretty nice.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
YES!!!!! Impressive! Not only on high heels... but also in wedges.... and inthis kind of floor, which is irregular and unstable!!!

Good point Catherine!!!

I think after having managed to cope 8 years wit papz, etc etc.... she can do everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Good point! I actually feel less stable in wedges than normal high heels, not sure why. Could just be that I don't really like wedges, although the navy ones Kate has worn from Zara with the peep toe are pretty nice.
I'm like you, I can stay with 10cm stilettos, but wedges, after 6 cm I badly fall.
I think it is because wedges have a compacted volume, and they do not absorve shoks!

I'm always imperssed by the height of heels Kate is wearing, especially as she is so tall, she does not need them so high.

But tastes are tastes.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Catherine is wearing Emilia Wickstead for today's lunch.

UPDATE: wearing a pink alice coat dress.

Catherine's dress is made to measure and cost £1,300.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
YES!!!!! Impressive! Not only on high heels... but also in wedges.... and inthis kind of floor, which is irregular and unstable!!!

Good point Catherine!!!

I think after having managed to cope 8 years wit papz, etc etc.... she can do everything!

I'm like you, I can stay with 10cm stilettos, but wedges, after 6 cm I badly fall.
I think it is because wedges have a compacted volume, and they do not absorve shoks!

I'm always imperssed by the height of heels Kate is wearing, especially as she is so tall, she does not need them so high.

But tastes are tastes.
I look at her heels high and most of them where 4.5" and some where shorter which surprised me. The only that was taller was the black pump she wore which was 5" (I don't know about the LKBennet). Those heels range are about the same height that the other Princess wear.

Kate and Charlene
Preview
Old 05-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I actually twisted my ankle on ballet flats. Beat that.
Wedges are easier to walk in when on grass. I haate it when I wear heels and they sink down into the grass.

I'm so curious to see the pink dress. Looks like both women decided on pastels.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Courtier

Whole look: Preview
Old 05-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

This is fairly typical princess 'uniform'. When you're attending a celebration lunch for your grandmother in law, joined by monarchs from around the world (including the very conservative Middle East), choosing something simple and subdued is the right call.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate wearing another "meh" dress.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
This is fairly typical princess 'uniform'. When you're attending a celebration lunch for your grandmother in law, joined by monarchs from around the world (including the very conservative Middle East), choosing something simple and subdued is the right call.
I agree, Catherine looks very much in Princess attire. Some pearls or a brooch would have been a nice addition though.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Pictures

http://i45.tinypic.com/30t4chw.jpg
Old 05-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think she owns any pearls or many brooches in all honesty. She was given a diamond polar bear brooch in Canada, but not sure how appropriate that would've been.

Kate is not the star today, and her choice of attire suggests she very much understands that.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Courtier

Once again, Catherine looks fabulous. She understands some important rules:

1.) Less is always more
2.) Her husband is the heir to the heir ... you don't dress like you're the #1 person in the room (or the realm, for that matter)
3.) It's not necessary to compete with the Queen ... dress for who you are!
Old 05-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel

I agree, Catherine looks very much in Princess attire. Some pearls or a brooch would have been a nice addition though.
I can't tell because of the watermark.... But is there Something on Kate's right shoulder that may look like a brooch?