The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 7: March 2012 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chavy parents wear those awful Adidas jogging bottoms with the stripes down the side to drop their kids off to school in the UK (if they even bother to change out of their pyjamas). They don't wear what Kate had on today. When I heard she was visiting the hockey team I was worried she'd turn up in the kind of thing Harry wore to play volleyball.

The trousers are a funky colour and give her enough room to be active. She was also able to both dress them up (with the heels) and dress them down (with the trainers). Kate gets a lot of criticism for dressing too old, but that outfit today is the kind of thing I see my friends wear all the time, and we're 26/27.

She's a public figure, she's going to have thousands of pictures taken of her, as well as the TV cameras, of course she wore make up.

Actually, I'd call them sweatpants and I wish she wouldn't wear them. Even for an event like this, there are any number of good looking stretch bottoms out there. I earlier commented that I wouldn't wear what she's wearing to the grocery. Actually, she has dressed better in the past when going to the market.

It is the vey first time, I hate what Catherine wears!!!

Wrong shoes, wrong trousers, she missed all today!!!!

Yup, I think the same!

If you consider any part of her outfit alone, they are ok but altoghether = misfit

Kate Middleton shows sporty side on visit to London 2012 Olympic Park - Telegraph

The 30-year-old Duchess, an ambassador for the London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics, arrived at the venue in east London wearing skin tight coral three quarter length jeans, blue heels and a blue blazer with an official Team GB supporters' scarf.

She changed into a grey GB sweatshirt and Adidas trainers for her time on the bright pink-coloured pitch, but kept her jeans on, joking that they clashed with the garish Astroturf.

I thought she looked absolutely fine for what the occasion was.

Last edited:
Last edited:
She is actually wearing the official scarf for the London 2012 Olympics, which ties into the purpose of the event.

I think the jacket, top and heels are a part of the outfit she will wear for her later appearance.

The colors seem to be tied into Team GB and definitely the scarf, so thank you. I think she looks terrific, I don't see the criticism about the heels. If you look in any fashion magazine you will see the same thing. She is wearing what is current and appropriate for the occasion AND she looks good. Certainly not everyone could wear this combination, but she looks terrific, IMO. Funny, people have been complaining that she dresses too old and when she does something more up to date, she is criticized.:sad:

I guess I'm alone because I really like this outfit. The red jeans are cute and I thought her outfit really fit the occasion.

Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, joins British Olympic team for game of hockey | Mail Online

See, I thought Charlene looked odd playing volleyball in that over-sized coat.

I'm with you, too! I thought the outfit was adorable...I liked the color combination, especially with the team scarf. She looked even better during play and I got the feeling that she really felt part of the team, not just a visiting dignitary. I envy her figure to be able to wear those skinny jeans...I might have to find a similar pair this Spring myself.

The colors seem to be tied into Team GB and definitely the scarf, so thank you. I think she looks terrific, I don't see the criticism about the heels. If you look in any fashion magazine you will see the same thing. She is wearing what is current and appropriate for the occasion AND she looks good. Certainly not everyone could wear this combination, but she looks terrific, IMO. Funny, people have been complaining that she dresses too old and when she does something more up to date, she is criticized.:sad:

I've decided that particular posters will go out of their way to find fault with Kate. It's like when she wears bright colours she's inappropriate, but when she wears quieter colours she's boring. I think it's mostly jealousy.

I've decided that particular posters will go out of their way to find fault with Kate. It's like when she wears bright colours she's inappropriate, but when she wears quieter colours she's boring. I think it's mostly jealousy.

I don't think it jealousy (for some of them maybe), but they have decide they won't ever like what she wears (don't like Kate) no matter what.

Respectfully, I don't think criticising Kate or what she wears equals jealousy.
I like her and usually am a keen follower of her fashion; however, that doesn't mean I must fawn over every single outfit she wears. I dislike this ensemble and stated so. There is a big difference between "haters" and criticism.

Last edited:
I don't think it jealousy (for some of them maybe), but they have decide they won't ever like what she wears (don't like Kate) no matter what.

It tends to be those who are big fans of other royal ladies who take issue with everything Kate wears. That's where I think jealousy comes into it - Kate gets more press attention than probably all other female royals combined at the moment.

I'm not loving the outfit, but it is appropriate for the event, especially since she was taking part in playing some hockey. I do like the look of the hoodie, red jeans and sneakers better than the heels and blazer look though. It made her look younger, and more carefree.

I dont really care for her outfit, she looks casual, sporty and able to move around while playing hockey. The only downside is why the open hair? She could've easily put it in a bun.

Kate wore a lovely grey dress for the visit to The Prince's Foundation for Children and The Arts at Dulwich Picture Gallery with Prince Charles and Camilla.
I love this dress! It's really elegant with interesting details (the neckline). The shoes and bag go nicely with the look as well.
Now THIS was a fashion win for me. :)

Last edited:
Oh, I do love the grey dress. Totally makes up for the outfit earlier in the day. Very, very elegant and classy, but simple too.

It tends to be those who are big fans of other royal ladies who take issue with everything Kate wears. That's where I think jealousy comes into it - Kate gets more press attention than probably all other female royals combined at the moment.

Maybe, I've seen some criticize Kate and yet praise other royal ladies for wearing similar style, length and colors of outfits and the same heels or other high heels

The grey dress is lovely.I love the interesting details on it.

The dress is Orla Kiely again.

Lovely indeed, adorable, not to pretentious and she looks very well for the ocassion, she dresses acoording to her age and status...a big Yes!

Beautiful dress, perfection IMO.

I think some people who come to these threads should actually be in fan only Catherine sites. This is a fashion thread people don't have love everything she wears. Everyone has their own tastes; that's the beauty of discussion forum such as these. I really think Catherine is lovely and dresses well but that doesn't mean
I like everything she wears. This is fashion thread; it's totally not that serious a discussion to be so bent out of shape over criticism.

Last edited:
I LOVE the dress! It would've been stunning in a jewel tone color. Just my thought. :)

Beautiful dress, perfection IMO.

I think some people who come to these threads should actually be in fan only Catherine sites. This is a fashion thread people don't have love everything she wears. Everyone has their own tastes that's the beauty of a discussion forum such as these. I really think Catherine is lovely and dresses well but that doesn't mean
I like everything she wears. This is fashion thread; it's totally not that serious a discussion to be so bent out of shape over criticism.

I fully agree with you. I have nothing personal against Kate; why should I since I don't even know her? Whatever opinions I have are objective and based on fashion and that alone; critiquing her outfits, makeup, hairstyle etc. doesn't mean I'm jealous or a hater. I have the same attitude that most of posters here have which is to comment on her look, and I never do it in a rude or derogatory manner.

Be that as it may, I liked both of today's looks. Maybe the heels weren't compatible with the sporty jeans and blazer when she first appeared and flats would have looked better, but when she changed into her sweatshirt and sneakers for the hockey session she blended right in with the event. And I liked the red jeans; it was a fun event and other players were wearing bright red shorts so she fit in. Of course, pulling her hair back in a ponytail would have really been more appropriate for the occasion.;)

The gray outfit is elegant, fresh and chic with nice detail at the neckline, and I like the full skirt. Pulling her hair back would have showcased the neckline better. Here, her hemline looks fine since it's a loose skirt and she'd have ease of movement with bending and sitting, and it wouldn't raise up too high. I like her black clutch and shoes, and am so glad she wore flesh-toned hosiery instead of opaque tights (that's if she was wearing hosiery at all). A great look today; she seems to favor gray, though, and I want to see her more in bright jewel tones.

Last edited:
I guess I'm alone because I really like this outfit. The red jeans are cute and I thought her outfit really fit the occasion.

Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, joins British Olympic team for game of hockey | Mail Online

See, I thought Charlene looked odd playing volleyball in that over-sized coat.

No you're not alone - I thought it was great. Colourful and suitable for the occasion. Really pleased that she met up with the hockey teams because over herre it is a minority sport that gets little recognition and struggles for sponsorship.

She looked great here throughout the event. I like her red jeans, but damn is it hard to find really nice ones.

The dress is attractive (reminds me of the green one she has); however, I'd prefer a different color.
I'm not a huge fan of gray, although both Kate and Sophie seem to love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom