The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 7: March 2012 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 7 of the thread for The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion!
You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 6: December 2011 - March 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

So someone knows where the blue jacket is from?

:previous:
It's M Missoni. Initially Missoni denied it was theirs, then confirmed it is M Missoni, which is apparently a different label altogether. All the trouble because of one letter; talk about much ado about nothing! ;)

Considering what looks like a poor quality coat, it's no surprise they denied the story.

Considering what looks like a poor quality coat, it's no surprise they denied the story.

Poor quality??? what makes you saying that? To me it looks ok, just doesn't fit into the couloured lined fabrik that Missoni usually uses, it's more Chanel style.

I am generally amused by the criticism of Catherines appearance on these boards on a regular basis. Of course it is a fashion thread and people are completely within their rights to voice their opinions, but there comes a time when all the endless carping (whether it is the length and style of her hair, her make-up, her attire, the height of her heels or the fact that she may be wearing boots) IMO is tiring. Lets not forget, she is a Duchess and not a fashion model. Her primary role is to support HM and the BRF, and not be a vacuous clothes horse.

I actually thought the blue coat for the trip to F&M looked lovely. It is a smart and versatile item of clothing that I think will stand the test of time, and will hopefully reappear a number of times.

Much has been written about whether it is too short, I personally do not think so. As regards whether it is of suitable quality or not, I think close pictures tell a story of a well stitched garment in a good fabric. Some may take exception to the distressed trim, but IMO, that really is their problem.

Much has been written about whether it is too short, I personally do not think so. As regards whether it is of suitable quality or not, I think close pictures tell a story of a well stitched garment in a good fabric. Some may take exception to the distressed trim, but IMO, that really is their problem.

To me, it's clear that the distressed trims are made deliberately as we can see in all borders and vertical seams. I doubt that there's dress designers even those who don't work for haute couture who don't know how to make perfect and finished trims, come on, it's more hard to work with such as trims than to hem them like how it's done regulary...

Thanks for that post muriel but may I say this is a fashion thread and so the comments are regarding her fashion choices br it hair makeup clothing whatever. I am amused that IMO those folks who write their on opinion in a fashion thread that fashion opinions of others are "tiring " and mind this is only IMO seem to not get that this is what it is!!!!!!
I f I am incorrect I stand corrected, BUT I enjoy the views of the others here ... most of the time.

I think I like it; it's certainly a little bolder than some of her outfits. A sober colour was appropriate given that this is the Queen's day really and the tragic news from Afghanistan yesterday.

I think I like it; it's certainly a little bolder than some of her outfits. A sober colour was appropriate given that this is the Queen's day really and the tragic news from Afghanistan yesterday.

Kate looks good but her outfit is a bit too old for her. I wish the hair was up but nevertheless pulled to one side doesn't look too bad. I wish she would be more confident and wear color. I mean color not as bright as the Queen's outfits but a light shade of teal, lilac etc. Its just boring seeing someone young in browns, blacks & neutrals.

Kate looks good but her outfit is a bit too old for her. I wish the hair was up but nevertheless pulled to one side doesn't look too bad. I wish she would be more confident and wear color. I mean color not as bright as the Queen's outfits but a light shade of teal, lilac etc. Its just boring seeing someone young in browns, blacks & neutrals.

I'm personally a bit surprised that the Queen chose to wear such a bright colour today. I know she needs to be seen, but with the devastating news from Afghanistan, I thought she would be in a more sober colour.

Kate has worn plenty of colour. It's still winter in the UK so it's probably a bit early to break out the spring wardrobe. Plus, this is the Queen's day, Kate I'm sure wants the spotlight to be on the Queen.

Better pictures
full view
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/08/article-0-12145B37000005DC-208_634x873.jpg
back view
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/08/article-2112023-1214937C000005DC-75_196x686.jpg
close up
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/08/article-2112023-1214A827000005DC-951_306x423.jpg

Sorry, this outfit is not for me. It screams AIR HOSTESS, the frills & ruffles & colour make it very old-looking for me (incl Kate, there is nothing youthful or fresh about her), the short skirt doesnt save it.

She does look nice, but that peplum and wide belt draws the eye straight to her stomach.
Only a woman as slender as Kate is would be flattered by that outfit.

IMO The Duchess looks perfect- appropriate colour (which doesn't put the Queen in the "shadow"), good tailoring which emphasizes her slim silhouette. Well done Your Highness!

Air Hostess?

Don't be shocked, air hostess is just one of many names Kate has called on these boards. I suppose this is better than 'clown' which she's been compared to previously.

Don't be shocked, air hostess is just one of many names Kate has called on these boards. I suppose this is better than 'clown' which she's been compared to previously.

Lol, the outfit is similar to what other royals (mainland Europe) and celebs have worn and have gotten praised. So I was confused on why it being call an air hostess outfits on this tread.

I like the dress, peplum outfits are very in right now

zarat said:
IMO The Duchess looks perfect- appropriate colour (which doesn't put the Queen in the "shadow"), good tailoring which emphasizes her slim silhouette. Well done Your Highness!

Agreed completely! I really like this look, and it's appropriate for a day when she's there to support the two most senior members of the family

I am also confused on why this outfit is considered too old for Kate. Maybe its the color? I must confess I wore something similar to this when I was in my late 20's/early 30's. If you change the color and the fabric, its a lovely spring dress for a woman around Kate's age. Not too young and not too matronly.

The only thing that I liked about her outfit is the colour, the cut on the shoulder part of it makes her shoulders look huge and kind of hard to look at, but it is generally well tailored

I think she looks great. Nothing 'air hostess' about it.

Air Hostess?

This is a common dig at Carole Middleton, who once worked as an air hostess.
(Apparently it's low class to work for your money, instead of inheriting it). ;)

This is, IMO, the most appropriate (and flattering) outfit Kate has ever worn for daytime. This look would stand up to almost any woman in sophisticated clothing anywhere (perhaps, even Sheika Mozah). Kate looks smashing!

She looks good; don't love the hat (though it's not awful).

I like the L K Bennett dress but the way she has pulled the jacket of the outfit in with the belt doesnt work for me. Personally im not a fan of the pendullum style of jackets/dresses. Like the hat reminds me of others she has worn she most like this small box style

This is, IMO, the most appropriate (and flattering) outfit Kate has ever worn for daytime. This look would stand up to almost any woman in sophisticated clothing anywhere (perhaps, even Sheika Mozah). Kate looks smashing!

I agree. She really got it totally right here I think. I love this look on her.

Let's hope she keeps it up! She has three more engagements coming over the next few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom