The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
What I dislike most though is the makeup; it's just too heavy for this sort of event, especially the thick eye-liner and ample amounts of eye-shadow.
Its her signature - her eye make-up. She is never without it - never. She may not be comfortable without it on. She may not like what she sees without it on - that happens - the sensibility gets altered a bit. She uses it with such unrelenting consistency that I have wondered if she has had a tattoo done of the eye-liner.

I wish she would dispense with the eye make-up once in a while - or re-think it, at least.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't love the outfit but I think it's fine for an active appearance. She looks good (a bit to thin) but she's having fun and looks good in the outfit. Odd combo of colors but whatevs.

The scarf give the head shot a stewardessy look IMO.

http://i43.tinypic.com/5flyq1.jpg

Old 03-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
What do you wear to play field hockey? Prada?
She switched to runners when playing.
The outfit that Charlene wore to play volleyball?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the colored jeans. It's not like she's wearing bright colored leggings, now that would be a disaster.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I don't love the outfit but I think it's for an active appearance. She looks good (a bit to thin) but she's having fund and looks good in the outfit. Odd combo of colors but whatevs. The scarf give
the head shot a stewardessy look IMO.

http://i43.tinypic.com/5flyq1.jpg
She is actually wearing the official scarf for the London 2012 Olympics, which ties into the purpose of the event.

I think the jacket, top and heels are a part of the outfit she will wear for her later appearance.

Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Its her signature - her eye make-up. She is never without it - never. She may not be comfortable without it on. She may not like what she sees without it on - that happens - the sensibility gets altered a bit. She uses it with such unrelenting consistency that I have wondered if she has had a tattoo done of the eye-liner. I wish she would dispense with the eye make-up once in a while - or re-think it, at least.
I've also wondered whether both Kate and Pippa had tattooed eyeliner; I've never seen either without it. I know it's her signature look, but she more her eye makeup much more subtly recently; I even hoped she might ditch the eyeliner altogether at some point.
Courtier

I think the colors were a patriotic nod as it was an Olympic event. Last summer before the Canadian tour, Kate was reported to purchase red J Brand jeans which were thought to make an appearance in Canada. I think this may be those .... But more informed blogs will no doubt prevail with the all the details. Still think the heels were a bit much. I like that the tennis shoes look broken in and not brand new.

http://katemiddletonstyle.org/kate-red-jeans-j-brand/
Old 03-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The trousers are horrible. They look like chavy jogging trousers some people wear to drop their kids at school just after getting out of bed.

I dont mind the colour and it would have been ok if it were skinny jeans or some kind of quality pants - its ok to be sporty but she looks like a Hockey Mum.

I actually like the combo of skinny pants, heels & blazer on Kate, from afar (not only because of the pants, also because of the make-up: what is the point of attending an event "casual" or "sporty" in trainers & joggers in full make-up?)
Old 03-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
What do you wear to play field hockey? Prada?
Of course not. But a blazer + office heels together with colored leggings, NOOO!
I wouldnt' mind for the red leggins, if combined with loafers, but not with these shoes.

By the way, when she tooked out the blaser + heels, the outfit was much better! Even the leggings did not shock!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

The outifit is lovely, young and fresh!! I do myself have bought, for this summer, a pair of red skinny jeans in zara!!!! They are in fashion, they are "young" and modern and very up to date...so I think she is modern and that classic blazer and the scarf just gives that wonderful look! I do like it very much!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Chavy parents wear those awful Adidas jogging bottoms with the stripes down the side to drop their kids off to school in the UK (if they even bother to change out of their pyjamas). They don't wear what Kate had on today. When I heard she was visiting the hockey team I was worried she'd turn up in the kind of thing Harry wore to play volleyball.

The trousers are a funky colour and give her enough room to be active. She was also able to both dress them up (with the heels) and dress them down (with the trainers). Kate gets a lot of criticism for dressing too old, but that outfit today is the kind of thing I see my friends wear all the time, and we're 26/27.

She's a public figure, she's going to have thousands of pictures taken of her, as well as the TV cameras, of course she wore make up.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Courtier

Those are jeans not leggings
Old 03-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Actually, I'd call them sweatpants and I wish she wouldn't wear them. Even for an event like this, there are any number of good looking stretch bottoms out there. I earlier commented that I wouldn't wear what she's wearing to the grocery. Actually, she has dressed better in the past when going to the market.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
It is the vey first time, I hate what Catherine wears!!!

Wrong shoes, wrong trousers, she missed all today!!!!
Yup, I think the same!

If you consider any part of her outfit alone, they are ok but altoghether = misfit
Old 03-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Gentry

Kate Middleton shows sporty side on visit to London 2012 Olympic Park - Telegraph

Quote:
The 30-year-old Duchess, an ambassador for the London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics, arrived at the venue in east London wearing skin tight coral three quarter length jeans, blue heels and a blue blazer with an official Team GB supporters' scarf.

She changed into a grey GB sweatshirt and Adidas trainers for her time on the bright pink-coloured pitch, but kept her jeans on, joking that they clashed with the garish Astroturf.
I thought she looked absolutely fine for what the occasion was.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I guess I'm alone because I really like this outfit. The red jeans are cute and I thought her outfit really fit the occasion.

Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, joins British Olympic team for game of hockey | Mail Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
The outfit that Charlene wore to play volleyball?
See, I thought Charlene looked odd playing volleyball in that over-sized coat.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Courtier

Seems like she wearing the colors of the teams
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...51855935_n.jpg
Old 03-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
She is actually wearing the official scarf for the London 2012 Olympics, which ties into the purpose of the event.

I think the jacket, top and heels are a part of the outfit she will wear for her later appearance.
The colors seem to be tied into Team GB and definitely the scarf, so thank you. I think she looks terrific, I don't see the criticism about the heels. If you look in any fashion magazine you will see the same thing. She is wearing what is current and appropriate for the occasion AND she looks good. Certainly not everyone could wear this combination, but she looks terrific, IMO. Funny, people have been complaining that she dresses too old and when she does something more up to date, she is criticized.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I guess I'm alone because I really like this outfit. The red jeans are cute and I thought her outfit really fit the occasion.

Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, joins British Olympic team for game of hockey | Mail Online

See, I thought Charlene looked odd playing volleyball in that over-sized coat.
I'm with you, too! I thought the outfit was adorable...I liked the color combination, especially with the team scarf. She looked even better during play and I got the feeling that she really felt part of the team, not just a visiting dignitary. I envy her figure to be able to wear those skinny jeans...I might have to find a similar pair this Spring myself.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
The colors seem to be tied into Team GB and definitely the scarf, so thank you. I think she looks terrific, I don't see the criticism about the heels. If you look in any fashion magazine you will see the same thing. She is wearing what is current and appropriate for the occasion AND she looks good. Certainly not everyone could wear this combination, but she looks terrific, IMO. Funny, people have been complaining that she dresses too old and when she does something more up to date, she is criticized.
I've decided that particular posters will go out of their way to find fault with Kate. It's like when she wears bright colours she's inappropriate, but when she wears quieter colours she's boring. I think it's mostly jealousy.

Tags
fashion, kates fashion