The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 7: March 2012 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The grey dress is very nice, al la Mrs. Chatto. However, the crochet or whatever that bib thing is spoils it. Makes it look like "loving hands, made at home."

I like the grey dress, I think it has the perfect length for Catherine. I'm not sure about the black applications on the top though. There's always something 'missing', at least so far. Hope she improves gradually!

She looked great on both events.

what is the point of having long hair when having it hang down all the time, playing with it.

The point of long hair is having it hanging down, imo.
If she's going to put it up, she might as well cut it short and have done with it.

She has years and years to wear it up, or cut it.
She should wear it down for as long as she can.

I also fail to see how occasionally tucking your hair behind your ear is such a social faux pas! If she was in an arena where food was being prepared, I could understand it, but I don't find touching your hair from time to time particularly offensive.

The way people go on about it here you'd think she was walking along picking her nose!

I love the grey dress. The detail on the neck is beautiful!

I for one hope she never wears her hair up, b/c imo she doesn't look good with an updo

:previous:
I don't remember seeing Kate wearing her hair up.
In any case, hairstyle is up to individual's tastes; it is an expression of one's personality. If this is the hairstyle Kate feels most comfortable with, why should she change it? Personally I may be somewhat tired of the never-changing hairstyle (almost as much as the ever-present eyeliner), but it's Kate's choice, not mine.

She did in Canada and twice leading up to the wedding

The grey dress is very nice, al la Mrs. Chatto. However, the crochet or whatever that bib thing is spoils it. Makes it look like "loving hands, made at home."

I don't think it spoils it, per se, but the style of the grey dress, especially the way the pleats fell and moved and the 3/4 sleeves was so great, a black necklace of some sort - black pearls or onyx perhaps, rather than the oversize applique would have been more sophisticated, IMO.
Onyx flower bracelet - Dark Halo - NOVICA
This, as a necklace, captures the look, for example.
There is an adage that less is more and this dress exemplifies that, even fewer of the black 'snowflakes' would have been more balanced, IMO - but still, she looked stunning.

When it comes to fashion, the Duchess of Cambridge is used to playing to safe.

But Kate ventured away from her favourite shades of beige and blue on a trip to the Olympic park yesterday, opting for a pair of coral-coloured jeans instead.

And it seems her adventurous choice paid off as sales of the bright-hue denim increased 88% in a matter of hours

Read more: The Kate effect strikes again: Sales of coral-coloured jeans soar after Duchess wore pair to play hockey | Mail Online

-----------

While many disagree on whether or not the pink jeans were a good item to wear with the heels, it looks like Kate's appearance has had a positive affect on pink jeans.

Nice coat, appropriate for the event. Green for St Patrick's Day. Another usual polished outfit from Kate but a bit boring.

I think I would just like to see something different than a coat with a dress underneath in whatever colour is most applicable to the event. There is nothing wrong with dressing like this but I find it a bit dull.

I love the coat Kate is wearing; it compliments her figure and makes her look very feminine. For once, I also really like the hairstyle; it is of course the same as usual, however, I do find it very beautiful the way her hair just cascades down. The hat is not my cup of tea, but the matching shoes give an overall complete look.

My preference would have been a somewhat brighter green honouring St. Patrick's Day (just how gorgeous would Kate look in emerald green, for instance); this look is a bit too safe but still very attractive.

Last edited:
I like the colour green, something too bright would have looked out of place on such a dull day. I don't quite understand why Catherine cannot wear a proper hat, the only hat pieces i've seen her wear have been off to one side fascinators. The outfit is nice, but is too old for Catherine IMO. Again with the hair down, whilst her hair is probably groomed to perfection every morning there's so much potential yet it continues to look boring.

I like the colour green, something too bright would have looked out of place on such a dull day. I don't quite understand why Catherine cannot wear a proper hat, the only hat pieces i've seen her wear have been off to one side fascinators. The outfit is nice, but is too old for Catherine IMO. Again with the hair down, whilst her hair is probably groomed to perfection every morning there's so much potential yet it continues to look boring.

That is a hat. A "fascinator" does not have any real structure but is usually a "fluffy" piece of feathers and such on a comb, hairband or (perish the thought!) elastic. It really is a hat.

Very elegant, good contrast with the red of the Guards unforms. Spot on!

I love the color of her coat, and the way she's wearing her hair: it's really nice. But I really don't like her hat, according to me it doesn't go with her outfit.

ITA! Although I must say that with today's outfit I don't mind the loose hair too much, but it's really always the same.

I thought that this outfit today might a bit too old indeed and there's always something missing somehow. Yet I like it. It does look professional and I have nothing against the hat (though not keen on the design). The coat has the right length and all in all she looks okay today.

She looks nice, and using the latest fashion trend ( bright colors) to use fashionably .

Not sure about the hat, but I do like the green belted coat dress. A perfect (at last) length for Catherine. This is one of my favorite colors on her! Liked seeing the shamrock pin out again as well.

Kate's jeans are from J Brand.

Thank you very much for replying so quickly!! :flowers:

As for the latest outfit, I really don't like this shade of green on anyone, not just Catherine. The hat is awful. All in all, a very boring outfit that she can jolly well recycle in her 70s, IMO. :ermm:

I loved her look all round, the coat, AND the hat. I think this style hat suits her very nicely, not a fascinator and nothing over powering. Just delightful, she looked lovely, IMO.

I thought she looked wonderful. Not my favourite hat (and this is a proper hat!) but really, when Kate's smiling and cheerful and obviously enjoying herself, what she's wearing kind of fades into the background.

I can't believe people find Kate's hair boring. That hair is healthy, luxuriant and so shiny. Sometimes it's more wavy than others, sometimes she keeps it running down her back, other times she allows it to frame her face. It's also become something of a trademark for her. I know if I were to go and see her and she had it pinned up in some nondescript chignon I'd be really disappointed.

I find the dress boring, but appropriate for the event. Style suits her. I love that is she wearing color for once. But it isn't bright like someone suggested, far more a muted green.

The hair is beautiful. But what people find is boring, is she always wears it the exact same way. Putting it up once and a while would be nice.

Maybe not an extremely bright color, but certainly a brighter one would have lifted this coatdress from muted to vibrant. The hat is aging; I'd have liked to see her wear the black trilby she wore on Remembrance Sunday, and no surprises with the long half-back hairstyle. Coat length is perfect and I like the flaring hemline; another retro look for her. The appropriate gold shamrock pin worn to these military occasions is a perfect touch; always nice to see Kate wear a brooch.http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jmPqJwEnn.../s1600/duchess-kate-saint-patricks-day-06.jpg

Last edited:
I absolutely love the hat. The coat dress is very appropriate, for once the lenght is good, although the style of coatdresses is same old, same old and getting abit boring.

In combination with the hat the hair looks lovely today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom