The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 7: March 2012 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She will figure it out that a looser more comfortable dress, etc will
make her more at ease in her royal duties. She loves to bend down
and talk to children, so a tight short suit skirt would be so uncomfortable.

I think the issue is that most of her "official" clothes aren't made specifically for her and for her engagements. As others have said, she's a very tall young lady wearing skirts that are made for the average woman. Also, I find that clothes over the last few years have been made more "body-conscious". Therefore, until Catherine starts wearing things that have been custom-made for her, she's going to be running into issues of skirt lengths and tight fit. With the recession in Britain, it wouldn't be wise for her to go to designers and have luxurious things tailor-made--unless she wants to wear the same things over and over again. Once she's a full-time working royal and/or with the funds of the Duchy of Cornwall at her disposal, I think she'll dress befitting her station.

Last edited:
Catherine is not a model, she is a lovely woman who is trying to represent her country. Her latest attempt was a miss, IMO. Her too short skirt Gwen she sat down, her inability to pull her legs to one side when sitting down, are early mistakes. Her hair is better, her hat is finally a real hat, she wants to emphasize her waist and legs at all times and that is her fashion emphasis. I am so happy about the earrings but would love more brooches. Like most young wives, confidencece comes after children.

The suit was aprropriate for the ocassion and lovely, she has a wonderful figure so why not short skirts? She isn't showing that mucht and she is young and has a wonderful figure she doesn't need to cover herself! I do love her and the way she dresses although I think it is very British...

Having a different opinion isn't prudish; thinking an above the knee skirt is "too short" is what's prudish. As I've said before other royal ladies where shorter skirts and they look fine. Kate has just brought into their mentality that an above the knee skirt is just fine for royal duties; and dressing like their elderly monarchs isn't what they want.

I feel like Cathrine could help the situation by buying her clothing 1 size larger which would give her an extra inch in the hips and reduce the ride up. Also, let down the hems. You might have to do a facing to do that, but that is really a small task. The biggest problem would be getting the crease out.

Anyway, I am going to stop debating the topic of her skirts length; it is ruining my happiness of her wearing such a fantastic outfit. I haven't seen her look this good in a daytime outfit since Canada. Taking into consideration the height or her heels when she is with the Queen I feel safe in assuming that Catherine doesn't feel the need to not draw attention between the fact that she towers over both the Queen and her future Queen.
Also does anyone want to talk about how great Kate's hair looked?

Last edited:
I do not think that heels or not heels is the factor which might draw the attention from the Queen! The 3 woman have each one her own part of the attention. The Queen of England has the full attention because she is who she is, her surrounding could be naked or dressed as a nun! It does not change the love and the respect of her people!
The Duchess of Cormw has her part of attention because is the wife of the heir and because of all the prehistory we all kmow. The pro-diana and the against-diana continue to scrutine her!
And finally Catherine is the young and the beautiful, and the future!
It is a very well established balance, and is not a pair of heels which may change this balance.

I'am anxious to see some spring/summer clothes on her!

It is the vey first time, I hate what Catherine wears!!!

Wrong shoes, wrong trousers, she missed all today!!!!

fandesacs2003 said:
It is the vey first time, I hate what Catherine wears!!!

Wrong shoes, wrong trousers, she missed all today!!!!

I don't mind the red jeans... I think they work in this setting...and it makes a good photo.....but heels? So wrong.

I don't mind the red jeans... I think they work in this setting...and it makes a good photo.....but heels? So wrong.

YES,, and THIS kind of shoes, made for a working office girl!

And apparently the trousers are not jeans. Theu more look than gymnastic jumpers!!!!

GOD!!!!! What was she thinking???

There's an old saying..."play to your audience." That's what Kate is doing. Frankly, I wouldn't wear what she is wearing to the grocery. But that's just me.

And apparently the trousers are not jeans. They more look like gymnastic jumpers!!!!

The gymnastic stretch pants were clearly worn because she knew she would be doing some exercise - so I'm with her on that - a good choice. The color was too flashy - too 'look at me' in the wrong way. (She doesn't need to do that - and when she does, I wince). I could see black or a nice chocolate brown for the pants. I have no problem with the high heels - I have never understood people's aversion to this kind of pairing. High heels give a very good line to the leg, I think. Very sharp. Red color was the only mis-step imo.

Rather garish outfit. I don't like the pants, the jacket and certainly not the heels.
Now, I understand she wanted to wear something that wouldn't look out of place during the official part (with heels on) and the fun part (playing hockey); however, I'm afraid she failed in both tasks. What I dislike most though is the makeup; it's just too heavy for this sort of event, especially the thick eye-liner and ample amounts of eye-shadow.

Last edited:
Her outfit is really fun. She's there to play a bit of hockey for goodness sake, it's not a state occasion. Vibrant coloured trousers are so in at the moment, a good friend of mine wears a pair of skinny jeans that are bright red and they look amazing. Of course you wouldn't wear them to a job interview, but for light hearted sporting occasions they're absolutely fine.

Some people here need to lighten up.

And apparently the trousers are not jeans. Theu more look than gymnastic jumpers!!!!

What do you wear to play field hockey? Prada?
She switched to runners when playing.

What I dislike most though is the makeup; it's just too heavy for this sort of event, especially the thick eye-liner and ample amounts of eye-shadow.

Its her signature - her eye make-up. She is never without it - never. She may not be comfortable without it on. She may not like what she sees without it on - that happens - the sensibility gets altered a bit. She uses it with such unrelenting consistency that I have wondered if she has had a tattoo done of the eye-liner.

I wish she would dispense with the eye make-up once in a while - or re-think it, at least.

Last edited:
I don't love the outfit but I think it's fine for an active appearance. She looks good (a bit to thin) but she's having fun and looks good in the outfit. Odd combo of colors but whatevs.

The scarf give the head shot a stewardessy look IMO.

http://i43.tinypic.com/5flyq1.jpg

Last edited:
I like the colored jeans. It's not like she's wearing bright colored leggings, now that would be a disaster.

I don't love the outfit but I think it's for an active appearance. She looks good (a bit to thin) but she's having fund and looks good in the outfit. Odd combo of colors but whatevs. The scarf give
the head shot a stewardessy look IMO.

http://i43.tinypic.com/5flyq1.jpg

She is actually wearing the official scarf for the London 2012 Olympics, which ties into the purpose of the event.

I think the jacket, top and heels are a part of the outfit she will wear for her later appearance.

Its her signature - her eye make-up. She is never without it - never. She may not be comfortable without it on. She may not like what she sees without it on - that happens - the sensibility gets altered a bit. She uses it with such unrelenting consistency that I have wondered if she has had a tattoo done of the eye-liner. I wish she would dispense with the eye make-up once in a while - or re-think it, at least.

I've also wondered whether both Kate and Pippa had tattooed eyeliner; I've never seen either without it. I know it's her signature look, but she more her eye makeup much more subtly recently; I even hoped she might ditch the eyeliner altogether at some point.

I think the colors were a patriotic nod as it was an Olympic event. Last summer before the Canadian tour, Kate was reported to purchase red J Brand jeans which were thought to make an appearance in Canada. I think this may be those .... But more informed blogs will no doubt prevail with the all the details. Still think the heels were a bit much. I like that the tennis shoes look broken in and not brand new.

http://katemiddletonstyle.org/kate-red-jeans-j-brand/

The trousers are horrible. They look like chavy jogging trousers some people wear to drop their kids at school just after getting out of bed.

I dont mind the colour and it would have been ok if it were skinny jeans or some kind of quality pants - its ok to be sporty but she looks like a Hockey Mum.

I actually like the combo of skinny pants, heels & blazer on Kate, from afar (not only because of the pants, also because of the make-up: what is the point of attending an event "casual" or "sporty" in trainers & joggers in full make-up?)

What do you wear to play field hockey? Prada?

Of course not. But a blazer + office heels together with colored leggings, NOOO!
I wouldnt' mind for the red leggins, if combined with loafers, but not with these shoes.

By the way, when she tooked out the blaser + heels, the outfit was much better! Even the leggings did not shock!

The outifit is lovely, young and fresh!! I do myself have bought, for this summer, a pair of red skinny jeans in zara!!!! They are in fashion, they are "young" and modern and very up to date...so I think she is modern and that classic blazer and the scarf just gives that wonderful look! I do like it very much!:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom