The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 7: March 2012 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest that discussions about underwear is not really appropriate and we get back to fashion!

I could not agree more. Whilst we all appreciate the effect that underwear has on the total ensemble, unless we actually see Catberine's underwear (heaven forfend), I am not up for a discussion. I mean, how on earth do we know what is going on under her clothes and, to be honest, do we need to know?

There are hundreds of brands and styles within brands to choose from . . . does she buy British or does she buy French. The fact is we will never, not ever, know. Even when Princess Diana was killed, contrary to what our mothers told us about clean underwear, I don't think anyone discussed or debated what underwear she was wearing.

I

Last edited:

The Duchess of Cambridge at the Scott-Amundsen Centenary Race at Goldsmith Hall London today, April 26,
wearing a nice combination in blue by designer Rebecca Taylor.

** Full view ** Model **

Sheesh, another frock that looks unfinished. I guess this raggedy look is rampant in the designers workrooms. What in the world is that dark blue trim supposed to be doing. I would have overlooked the raggedy without the unfortunate trim.Good to see them out again.

Its a nice suit. I like the color and the fit but hate the flowers around the neck, a bit childish IMO. Again the look is ruined with hair all over the place.
The unfinished look is very Chanel, I kind of like it on tweed looks.

I don't like the pieces around the neckline, otherwise she looks good. I do like the booch and I love a great pump and Kate always wears them well.

Last edited:
I like the images where Kate isnt as strongly lit (caused I am sure hundreds of flashes) - the images on Hello magazine show the suit more as a midnight blue and I think it is quite lovely. Kate is obviously trying to be apprpriate and tasteful without drawing any more additional attention to herself.

Prince William and Kate Middleton meet South Pole heroes - hellomagazine.com

There is something about the floral collar on the blue suit that I don't like. I prefer the grey jeweled dress from yesterday on Kate!

Well I did prefer if she wears the jacket like the model in the picture with a dress beneath, not with that skirt...everything is very similar...she is walys a winner with this kind of tailor suits but she doesn't innovate a bit...she could pick up the jacket for the next time and combine with other different pieces...:flowers:

Love the colour of the suit but not the design; better than yesterday's look though. The shoes are gorgeous.
As for the makeup - too heavy, as usual. I guess I do prefer a more natural look or at least one that doesn't look like permanently tattooed on one's face.

I must be living in different times to everyone else here. As a female in the UK in my late 20s, that make up is completely and totally unremarkable. She's got some blush going on and a bit of eye liner and mascara. The lipstick is a very natural shade. If she walked into my office with that make up on no one would bat a single eyelid.

This blue suit is ok, I'm not dying about it. I must laugh at people saying they can't see the flower detailing on her jacket because of her hair. Well then how do you know there's flower detailing there? Like last night when people said they couldn't see the beading on her dress. Except we could all see it quite clearly!

I don't wear make up but as someone who follow this Tumblr My fave celebrity makeups and seen my friend were make up I don't see what so remarkable and tattoo like about her make up either

From what I can see of Kate's (never-changing makeup), she wears a lot of blush, and ample amounts of eyeliner and eye-shadow. It may be the norm in the UK right now (although I do hope that's not the case), but from what I see in British newspapers, so is the horrible orange tan, extensions and fake eyelashes; that doesn't make any of it more appealing to me.

As I understand it, this thread is to discuss our opinions of what Kate wears, makeup included; it is only to be expected there will be as many opinions as there are comments.

Damn, it seems the blue jacket is sold out. Does anyone know if it's available elsewhere?

Really wish she would wear colour. It suits her so well. She looks washed out, and her clothes age her.

Nice color but boxy shape of the jacket doesn't flatter Kate. Rest as usual, too much make-up and hair covering nice details and brooch. Nice clutch.

I do like this outfit because of the material, colour and detail. Catherine looks good in blue, although she wears alot of it (I went shopping for some shirts and jeans the other day and realised when I got home that the only things I liked and subsequently bought were all shades of blue!).

Thanks for the link cepe. The poppy Kate is wearing is available on Poppy Shop Home page. The Royal British Legion haven't wasted a second and have Kate wearing their poppy on the front page of their website.

I love the color of the outfit, but dislike the flowers on the neckline of the jacket and the pockets on the skirt. It's professional, and one can never go wrong dressed in this style.

I'm not at all fond of the flowers around the neckline. The outfit would have looked much better without them. I do love the color though...it's really beautiful and I think this shade of blue really suits Kate.

As for her makeup, I don't get the big deal about it. It doesn't look any different than many of the other royal ladies (Madeleine, Beatrice, Mary, Zara). A lot of them seem to favor ample amounts of eyeliner.

I really like the suit and the colour suits her I think. The hair the makeuo always an issue for me .. I think the flowers are cute on the jacket.

For all the criticism Catherines fashion choices seem to get from fashionistas on these boards the buying public do not seem to agree. Almost every outfit she has worn has sold out in minutes after her appearances.

I love her clutch!! However it seems to be more of an evening bag than one for daytime use.

I like the suit, however not the flower designs. I love the color of the suit. I think she looks very elegant.

I love the color and fabric, but not the suit. The flowers around the neckline looked out of place.

Love the suit, love the color and texture. Do not love that the jacket, like yesterday's, just doesn't fit. It's too small, the waistline is really hitting her above her waist, and the jacket poofs out too high up on her. Sleeves shorter than they should be too.
Like the pic with the baby.

For all the criticism Catherines fashion choices seem to get from fashionistas on these boards the buying public do not seem to agree. Almost every outfit she has worn has sold out in minutes after her appearances.

It has been mentioned at other places several times that most of the dresses Kate wore in the last year were from older collections of the designers, so, of course they would have been sold out very easily. ;)

I like this outfit a lot. The suit is lovely, probably a bit aging, but she seems to go for quite conservative and simple stuff. I like the color, the shoes are alright and the clutch is of course great. Should be Bottega Veneta, no?

Make up to heavy, hair boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom