The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 6: December 2011 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cmbruno said:
Yes, some people liked, some didn't. I really really liked both the coat and the dress. I would wear it anyday.

Yes, me too! Without the heels! Too high!
I wonder why Catherine who is very tall (1.78cm) wears soo high heels. It is painfull and she does not need them! Of course it is nice.

The issue is not negative comments about what Kate wears; I don't like everything that she wears and have said so.

The issue is the blatant and obvious hypocrisy of the exact same people who criticised Kate as 'insensitive' for wearing a bright colour in Copenhagen now criticising Kate for being 'drab' and 'depressing' when she wore a sober outfit to meet addicts and terminally ill children.

That's where the 'cannot win' point is clear as the nose on Kate's face.

Hummm. This makes me think I could serve mankind better if I did more charity work and stayed out of here. Anyone care to join me.

The issue is not negative comments about what Kate wears; I don't like everything that she wears and have said so.

The issue is the blatant and obvious hypocrisy of the exact same people who criticised Kate as 'insensitive' for wearing a bright colour in Copenhagen now criticising Kate for being 'drab' and 'depressing' when she wore a sober outfit to meet addicts and terminally ill children.

That's where the 'cannot win' point is clear as the nose on Kate's face.
You miss the point. I did not like the cut or style of Catherine's red coat any more than I liked the colour of the brown one. Neither opinions are based on being "engagement appropriate". There are times when that issue will inevitably come up, but that is not happening now. It would not surprise me one whit if Catherine wore the same coats with either her hair up or with a hat and different accessories and everyone that loathed it this time round liked it then. That is fashion not hypocrisy!

It's usually the same people criticizing Kate's style. I just tend to ignore what they have to say because there it is never anything positive. I suggest just not paying attention to their comments.

^ so true! I don't really pay attention to those who always criticize the duchess' style I for one love what she wears.

Very nice black dress, good length, good fit. Could have used a necklace or a scarf to brighten it up.
As far as the coat, I don't like brown and black mixed together, especially with the black tights.
but, I'm not a fan of opaque tights for women in heels. IMO tights belong on girls, or look well on women wearing a very casual look, like a mini with flats and UGG boots...

You miss the point. I did not like the cut or style of Catherine's red coat any more than I liked the colour of the brown one. Neither opinions are based on being "engagement appropriate". There are times when that issue will inevitably come up, but that is not happening now. It would not surprise me one whit if Catherine wore the same coats with either her hair up or with a hat and different accessories and everyone that loathed it this time round liked it then. That is fashion not hypocrisy!

No, I don't miss the point. I was referring to people who felt that the clothes Kate wore in Copenhagen and Liverpool were not 'engagement appropriate'. I really couldn't care less that you don't like the colour of Kate's coat.

As I said previously, it's totally unfair for people to say that a bright colour was inappropriate for Copenhagen while then saying that a more sober colour was depressing when meeting the terminally ill. But, then again, I probably shouldn't be surprised as I suspect the people who generally criticise literally everything Kate wears are fans of other royal ladies who combined don't get anything like the press coverage that Kate gets.

Hey, calm down, all.
At every of the events she looked fantastic, her choice of dresses is really made with a great fashion sense, in both ways, with cost-expensive dresses as well as with Zara dresses, so what´s the point?
BYe Bine

For those of us who are really into the specific and fashionable juxtapositions of black and brown, this was a great outfit. Black and brown are best worn by a brunette, and the exact shade of brown is crucial. She has a really warm but non-muted, non-muddied brown and she rocks it.

I like her block color choices in general and now that the block color, non-frou frou style is emerging clearly as her style, I like it even more. She totally avoids looking like a Barbie or a runway model or anything like that, good on her.

This is an interesting development, especially for Kate whose fashion sense is rather restrained.

I do hope this is just a rumour, she'll be wearing even worse hats than the ones we have seen previously.
Kate Middleton commissions Lady Gaga's milliner to design hat for jubilee celebrations | Mail Online

Quite hard to believe, maybe its another false story. I can't imagine Kate asking or heading in that direction. I know everyone has a taste and the designer works accordingly. I wish Kate would wear proper hats instead of those tiny hats that don't look like hats :D

:previous: Fascinators! I've always wondered why they're called that. I see women around town all the time now, with little ornaments just off-center on their heads. Mini-fascinators. :lol:

I hope the Piers Atkinson commission is a rumor, too. But even if it isn't, I doubt he'd design anything outlandish for Kate. No doubt, he would design something tasteful (hopefully!), as Sarah Burton did for Kate's wedding dress. Burton is creative director for the house of Alexander McQueen, who was responsible for some pretty outlandish outfits, himself.

Well, I certainly can't envision Kate with a banana on her head, but if this story is true she'd definitely opt for a more conservative creation. Though why she would choose a hat designer whose appeal is the bizarre is beyond me!

I certainly hope that if Catherine opts for this...errrr...mad hatter, that there will indeed be some conservative and tasteful options. Her hats have been quite tasteful and appropriate so far. It would be a shame that for the Jubilee she decided to get...creative (and not in a good way).

cinrit said:
:previous: ?..... No doubt, he would design something tasteful (hopefully!), as Sarah Burton did for Kate's wedding dress. Burton is creative director for the house of Alexander McQueen, who was responsible for some pretty outlandish outfits, himself.

I was thinking the same thing. If Sarah Burton had been announced prior to the wedding, the fear factor for the outrageous would have been off the charts. It may just be a case of shining the spotlight on a British designer. Im sure her choice will be tasteful.

Also, Kim Kardashian is designing a shoe for The Duchess.:lol:

Duchess of Cambridge wearing Orla Kiely Birdie Wool Jacquard Shirt Dress today, on sale for £162.50.

First picture, http://yfrog.com/esm27xjj

I honestly do not know why this girl favours dark colours, on her trips abroad last year she wore some lovely colourful outfits. She looks boring. Yet again, her hair is down. I think if I ever met Catherine, my one question would be why do you always have your hair down? She has beautiful long hair which she could do so much with, it just looks like she's lazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, Kim Kardashian is designing a shoe for The Duchess.:lol:

Duchess of Cambridge wearing Orla Kiely Birdie Wool Jacquard Shirt Dress today, on sale for £162.50.

First picture, The Duchess of Cambridge just now at Rose Hill Primary School in Oxford where she is visiting The Art Room charity.

Better pictures of the outfit which I found really boring and dull in color and print. This color just doesn't work on Kate, its colorless, washed out. The print looks like it could be on walls not on an outfit.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
dailymail.co.uk pictures

She looks lovely, yet again. Saw some video on ITV news and it really works for her.

I actually went onto Orla Kiely's website to try and buy this one for myself. I thought, it's only about an hour since Kate was pictured in it. Unfortunately, I was too late! They've all gone. Just my luck.

Daily Mail big pictures and the article with some info on the coat (further down)
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/21/article-2104227-11D6C621000005DC-248_306x858.jpg
Watch the Birdie! Duchess of Cambridge makes first visit as royal patron of The Art Room wearing dove-print dress | Mail Online

I like this outfit but I was asking myself, where is the brown or black overcoat? The "coat dress" looks quite flimsy to me for a winter outfit.

The booties are cool and save the outfit from being too matronly or boring.

I like this outfit but I was asking myself, where is the brown or black overcoat? The "coat dress" looks quite flimsy to me for a winter outfit.

I thought it was a coat at first, but then searched the designers website and found it was a dress. It's not that cold in the UK anymore, the sun's shining and there's a light breeze but the temperatures in double figures, finally.

The coat dress is just okay to me, it seemed a little short to me, especially in the whipping wind photos.

It doesn't look good on her, IMHo, she looks definately as if she has gained some weight, but that's the cut of the dress, I think.

I'm beginning to feel abit awkward about saying this but I have to say once again that I really do like Catherine's outfit today! I'm beginning to see that Catherine's style is (to me at least) quite distinctive and I love that.
I suppose her taste in clothes is abit like Marmite - you either love it or hate it LOL!!!
I would, however, like it if she wore a brooch with these subdued colours, just to sparkle things up abit. The most dour colours can look superb with diamonds!

The coat dress is just okay to me, it seemed a little short to me, especially in the whipping wind photos.

She should do like the Quuen does. Put weights in the skirts final part. It is unbearable to have this problem every time it blows.

Yes. Love this outfit. Wouldn't mind to buy it for myself.

As for her hair, Lumutqueen, I believe it takes Kate a good deal of work and time, in the salon and out, to maintain. To postulate that wearing her hair down is a sign of laziness is disrespectful and unkind, as well as untrue.

I like the dress but not her shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom