The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 6: December 2011 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lets take that a little further..what about her with a perm? do u think she could get away with a curly look?

From pictures I've seen of her college days, Kate has somewhat curly hair.

Last edited:
lets take that a little further..what about her with a perm? do u think she could get away with a curly look?

I don't think she needs a perm to have curls. If you look at her school pictures early on she did indeed have curly hair.

I honestly don't think she'll look good with perm or curls, despite her natural hair style.

I think Kate would look great with curly hair, frizzy even.

She goes thru a lot of time and effort to keep the ends of her long locks bouncy & curly. But I think a perm would over power her face!

I think Kate might look good with a fringe or some hair sweeping over her forehead.

I always thought perms were for those who had limp or lifeless or thin hair. Catherine's hair is not limp, not lifeless, and not thin. In fact, her hair is gorgeous. Why would she want to harm it by perming it?

No doubt she will continue to wear it down for most occasions. I certainly would if I had her hair! She'll have 6 or 7 decades in public life to wear it in an updo or to have a very short cut. I've noticed that many older women who have beautiful hair continue to wear it longer.

So blame the school that Kate didn't show up in her princess outfit! :sad:

So blame the school that Kate didn't show up in her princess outfit! :sad:

Personally, I never thought she had dressed inappropriately. She was making a low-key visit to an art school. Things can get messy. But I did read several comments here and other places about how disrespectful it was of Catherine to dress in such a manner.

I also read that people felt Catherine also was unfeeling and rude to make the children wait outside in the cold to give her a send-off when it turns out that the school mustered the students outside to say farewell.

Some people expect her to run around in Haute Couture-gowns everyday....after all a Princess´s most important job is to wear tiaras and look pretty,isn´t it?:p

Personally, I never thought she had dressed inappropriately. She was making a low-key visit to an art school. Things can get messy. But I did read several comments here and other places about how disrespectful it was of Catherine to dress in such a manner.

I also read that people felt Catherine also was unfeeling and rude to make the children wait outside in the cold to give her a send-off when it turns out that the school mustered the students outside to say farewell.

I'm in agreement. There's no reason to come into an art class dressed to the nines, especially if one wants to participate (and apparently Catherine did). She looked respectable. It's not as if she showed up in ripped jeans and her husband's old button-down shirt.

If Kate dressed as the school requested, then she dressed appropriately. Perhaps the school just didn't expect the children's level of disappointment over her outfit.

Last edited:
Catherine has made a point of "dressing down", "dressing High Street", not wanting to be a "Clothes Horse", being "ordinary". She seems to be under the impression that if she isn't seen to spend money at really high end retailers whilst showcasing the High Street, she is to be admired for her "economy" for not spending conspicuously.

But this is a double edged sword. This is not the first "scandal" about cheap labour, even slave labour, to come out of the High Street. And to be honest if Catherine had never married Prince William few, if any of these incidents and allegations would ever have reached the front pages. But her patronage of these outlets is sending their profits into the stratosphere which, in turn, will result in even more exploited workers.

I think the time has come for her to move on up. Yes it will cost her more in these financially straightened times but what is worse? Buying clothing from those who exploit workers mercilessly and without conscience all in aid of the bottom line, or Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, spending money she can afford on clothing I can't?

No contest!

Even the high fashion house used "slave labor".

The only way for Catherine to avoid using so-called 'slave labor' is to get her own personal tailor and have him/her make her entire wardrobe, from casual jeans/pants to evening gowns. However, if she chooses this route, then she'll be dubbed as a 'snob'. In any way, she cannot win, so maybe she should stick to what she's been doing.

:previous: For now I think "what she has been doing" is a poisoned chalice. It's either no shopping or, more probably, more clothing items like the "nameless" coat she wore at Christmas.

:previous: For now I think "what she has been doing" is a poisoned chalice.
What an opportunity! How about I only wear "made in the UK" or whatever it's called?
Yes, it would be hard to find but not THAT hard, a good assitant could make it his/her business to find out!
Don't tell me there are no small start ups by young British designers from all those fashion and art colleges?
And I NEVER understood why she would buy from Zara, a spanish business.
Please, step it up and find those lovely British lace workers who made the lace and sewed it onto her wedding dress. Maybe they can point her in the right direction?? She's in a position to make a difference, what a lucky girl:flowers:

Catherine has made a point of "dressing down", "dressing High Street", not wanting to be a "Clothes Horse", being "ordinary". She seems to be under the impression that if she isn't seen to spend money at really high end retailers whilst showcasing the High Street, she is to be admired for her "economy" for not spending conspicuously.

But this is a double edged sword. This is not the first "scandal" about cheap labour, even slave labour, to come out of the High Street. And to be honest if Catherine had never married Prince William few, if any of these incidents and allegations would ever have reached the front pages. But her patronage of these outlets is sending their profits into the stratosphere which, in turn, will result in even more exploited workers.

I think the time has come for her to move on up. Yes it will cost her more in these financially straightened times but what is worse? Buying clothing from those who exploit workers mercilessly and without conscience all in aid of the bottom line, or Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, spending money she can afford on clothing I can't?

No contest!

I have supported the Clean Clothes Campaign for many years,they are working towards better working conditions in the garment industry:Clean Clothes Campaign
I believe that a good way is to buy less,but better quality and I can find many Fairtrade fashion brands who produce well-made clothes at affordable prices.Sustainability,Corporate Social Responsibility & interesting fashion are not mutually exclusive-over the years I have noticed that ecological&fairtrade fashion is becoming more modern,fashionable and appealing!

What an opportunity! How about I only wear "made in the UK" or whatever it's called?
Yes, it would be hard to find but not THAT hard, a good assitant could make it his/her business to find out!
Don't tell me there are no small start ups by young British designers from all those fashion and art colleges?
And I NEVER understood why she would buy from Zara, a spanish business.
Please, step it up and find those lovely British lace workers who made the lace and sewed it onto her wedding dress. Maybe they can point her in the right direction?? She's in a position to make a difference, what a lucky girl:flowers:

I only buy USA made and I'm just a regular person. I can't see why Kate doesn't use British designers. I also wonder why she didn't credit the unnamed coat designer/maker.

I can't see why Kate doesn't use British designers.

Because she doesn't like the clothes that British designers make? There's no sense in someone wearing clothes, they don't want to, just because they're made by designers in their country. I believe Catherine has worn British designs on various occasions, she is allowed however to wear what she likes whatever the designer IMO.

I'd never dispute Kate not being able to wear what she wants. I simply dog-legged into non-child/exploited labor clothing for a minute with another poster. No one said she COULDN'T wear what she wanted.

Kate on holiday in MUSTIQUE - I like the combination, the jacket looks more like a cardigan jacket. The ankle length pants work well with the overall look.

With jacket ** Back view ** Jacket off

I don't like the jacket/cardigan, but her blouse looks simple and pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom