The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 12:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by awcblue View Post
I wonder why the British Royals do not wear pants and pant suits for official daytime activities? Pants suits can be dressy enough for most official activities and certainly be more comfortable, concealing, and warmer (especially in winter). And yes, Catherine could wear lower heels and still be lovely to look at.
I'm not sure whether the British Royals are waiting for a bus
I love the fact that they tend to wear skirts\dresses for official events. In my opinion, they look more formal and elegant, like a real ladies.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Commoner

I noticed that Kate did not have a bag and didnt seem to know what to do with her hands. Perhaps she should take a leaf from her Majesty and the Duchess of Cornwall and always carry a bag

Old 03-03-2012, 12:48 AM
Commoner

Naturally you are correct but I was not thinking that the Royals walked the cold streets of London nor waited for public transport. But thanks for the whimsical image!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:26 AM
Serene Highness

I wondered about the lack of a bag, as well. With the tonal relationship of the shoes to the coat, a bag would have assisted in completing the look if it pulled in the shoes. OTOH, it would have had to have been the right bag, maybe she hasn't located it yet.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's been unseasonably mild this week in the UK with temperatures up to 18C (64F). There was certainly no reason not to wear a skirt/dress.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Did i miss a picture? Why this long discussion abt length of skirt? Did they take her underwear on pic?

Abt her non carrying a bag, thd more often she does carry one. This time it was exception. Maybe she wanted to have her hands free to touch items inside FM.

About the weather and wearing skirts, generally she is very resistant in cold. Remember the black strapless gown, without anything to cover her, in December!
Old 03-03-2012, 06:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
Did i miss a picture? Why this long discussion abt length of skirt? Did they take her underwear on pic?
Not quite...There is a pic in the daily mail where she is bending over and you see the back of her knee and a few inches up her thigh, where the hem of her dress just peeks out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ect-Royal.html
Old 03-03-2012, 07:16 AM
Royal Highness

For me the coat is alright, the problem is the length of the dress underneath (probably Zara blue dress). If the dress would be exactly the same long as coat and wasn't delicate there won't be a problem and such a photos. Kate should learn that photographers are everywhere and only waiting for such a opportunity.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent

For me there is not problem, just the journalist are idiots! We did not se neither her a..nor her underwear!
Old 03-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I also thought Kate might have wanted to leave a clutch home for the purpose of being hands-free to handle items. But it looked a bit awkward to see her hands crossed in front of her; the pose begged for a clutch in her hands. I can't imagine she couldn't have found a pretty suede one to match the shoes in her travels.

Thanks for the article, Michelle, that was an interesting one to read, especially about the "adjustments" in Kate's appearances. If what we read is true!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

I read that the coat is by Missoni - great choice, IMO!
But what about the light blue dress she wore underneath? Does anyone know more?
Old 03-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

The dress is supposedly the Zara one she wore the day after the wedding while leaving Buckingham Palace.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I see, sure I remember that dress. Thanks for replying so soon, Baroness!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
For me there is not problem, just the journalist are idiots! We did not se neither her a..nor her underwear!
I completely agree.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Time to close this thread - thanks for all your contributions!
The new thread can be found here!