The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 6: December 2011 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the coat as the color and cut flattered her. Not a big fan of the hat though.

The hat and coat may not match identically, but they're in the same color palette so I thought they complemented each other well.

I agree, they are not matchy matchy, but in the same tone so I'm thinking they look very nice together and just different enough not to be boring.

I loved the outfit. The coat in particular. It wasn't short (as in the case with some of the women) but showed off her legs nicely and the color was wonderful on the Duchess. The opaque stockings with the shoes were nice as well. And the earrings were lovely.

Thank you for the link, Daria. Kate and Harry look like they're wearing the same type of boots; probably wellies for a muddy field maybe. I think that's the appropriate outfit for a casual sporting event; I like the Western hat and jacket, too. She looks very happy and relaxed.

Thank you for the link, Daria. Kate and Harry look like they're wearing the same type of boots; probably wellies for a muddy field maybe. I think that's the appropriate outfit for a casual sporting event; I like the Western hat and jacket, too. She looks very happy and relaxed.

You're welcome. Glad you liked the pictures. I wasn't sure what kind of boots they were, because the images were so blurry. I thought they were leather for some reason :ermm:. I agree though. Her attire was appropriate for watching a casual game of football on a most likely muddy field. I think she wore that hat before, but I may be wrong.

I've seen Kate wear that hat before as well, so you're correct.

Don't know why the Mail claims Kate committed a fashion faux pas just because she and Harry wore identical boots. Now if they wore identical dresswear to the same event, that might be a reason for raised eyebrows!;)

Don't know why the Mail claims Kate committed a fashion faux pas just because she and Harry wore identical boots. Now if they wore identical dresswear to the same event, that might be a reason for raised eyebrows!;)

I was just about to say the same thing Baroness, how is that a faux pas? It wouldn't surprise me if the family buys a stash of wellies in one go for when they're in the country.

I'm surprised they don't wear Hunter wellies, they have a royal warrant from the Queen. (I also own a pair and can highly recommend them!).

Well pretty much everyone in the countryside has at least one pair of wellies, and most are green, so I would think it was not unusul that Kate and Harry would too,

:previous: Harry's a "Royal Lady"? :lol: :ROFLMAO: :lol:

Last edited:
Yes, I'm laughing too - and I think that's why this story garnered so much press attention. Lady Harry...

Just to demonstrate how schizophrenic the Daily Mail is, having accused Kate of a fashion faux pas just yesterday for wearing the same wellies as Prince Harry, today they state she hasn't put a foot wrong in the fashion stakes this year:

Crowning of a style queen

This is one of my favorite casual looks on Kate and I love the hat!

Her outfit is okay and appropriate for the event. She looks very skinny in the jeans, though. I mean, she surely has great legs that look good in tight jeans, but she's really very very skinny it seems and I thought she had finally gained a bit more weight in the last weeks.

I have not the slightest problem with Harry and Kate wearing the same wellies - how silly articles can get... They really run out of ideas, don't they? :lol:

I think the writer has forgotten about unisex boots/items. Who cares if they are in same or similar boots. Such boots can't be so much different for women and men. Anything just to write an article.

Really love this look on Catherine, especially the hat. She has the legs of an athlete/dancer, lots of muscle there. She really is a cutie.

Just to demonstrate how schizophrenic the Daily Mail is, having accused Kate of a fashion faux pas just yesterday for wearing the same wellies as Prince Harry, today they state she hasn't put a foot wrong in the fashion stakes this year:

Yep, just smack her down on one hand and raise her up with the other.:wacko: Just a tad inconsistent.

Lovely picture for her, I like her style :D

Wellies are pretty standard wear in the English countryside. They last for years and do not go out of style.

I like wellies myself and got a pair from L.L. Bean last year with boot warmers after getting tired of having moisture leak into my winter boots while shoveling snow. Of course, they're not leather-lined, but they serve the purpose without the expense. And if I ever make it to England to walk across the Yorkshire moors and Lake District, I'll certainly need my wellies!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, so forgive me, mods.

I was looking at pics of Catherine when she was food shopping in Wales right after the wedding. Her hair was pin straight, and not waved at the ends. I liked that look on her and I would like to see her at an event with that kind of hair. Maybe a daytime would do.

Of course, the press would go nuts if the Duchess shows up with straight hair and not the waves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom