The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 5: October 2011 - December 2011

Welcome to Part 5 of the thread for The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 4: August 2011 - September 2011 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Happy Posting!

Old 10-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Serene Highness

did you know that people mag has a special ed of kate's style? its pretty interesting

Old 10-09-2011, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Several posts that were not discussing any of the Duchess of Cambridge's fashion choices,
but other topics instead have been moved to the following thread:

** General Information on the Duchess of Cambridge **
Old 10-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Royal Highness

Some dresses from the new collections of designers Kate has worn in the past...I love the Temperley dress,the flower details look very cute and the subtle colours are definitely fitting her style :-)

Here, we imagine what she may pick from her favourite designers...

Old 10-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Agreed. The Temperley dress would look beautiful on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Some dresses from the new collections of designers Kate has worn in the past...I love the Temperley dress,the flower details look very cute and the subtle colours are definitely fitting her style :-)
Old 10-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post

Here, we imagine what she may pick from her favourite designers...

I agree. I'm not liking any of the other dresses that were suggested, but the Temperley dress is simply gorgeous. She will do it some great justice.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd actually like the Roland Mouret dress if those hem flaps were eliminated. That's a very attractive neckline and bodice, and the style would be very flattering to her figure. But those flaps really look odd.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

And here's a video on the Middleton effect, all three ladies, on the fashion industry:

The Look - Kate, Pippa and their mom: Who's the most stylish?
Old 10-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
And here's a video on the Middleton effect, all three ladies, on the fashion industry:

The Look - Kate, Pippa and their mom: Who's the most stylish?
Thank you . I love that they're brining the classy back. It's about darn time.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Absolutely; to paraphrase Justin Timberlake's song: "They're bringing classy back"!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Kate Middleton nude tights: Can flesh-toned stockings ever truly be chic? | Mail Online
Old 10-17-2011, 01:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Absolutely; to paraphrase Justin Timberlake's song: "They're bringing classy back"!
As soon as I wrote that, that song came to mind (and I'm not a JT fan at all ). Who knows, maybe one day there'll be a song parody to that tune about the Cambridge/Middleton fashions.

In regards to the coming back of nude stockings, I'm all for that. Those are the only ones I wear under my dress slacks.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Flesh toned tights have never gone out of style for me.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Back in the day when I wore dresses and skirts to work, I opted for taupe or coffee-colored tights. Just that bit of color to prevent too light of a look and slenderizing for my legs, I felt, when I carried some added weight back then. And Kate's got fantastic and shapely legs, so why obscure them with heavy-looking hosiery?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Majesty

The title makes me think of a rather creepy science fiction movie.

Rise of the Kate clones

I'll post this in the 'Current Events' section too, so mods, feel free to delete if either post is in the wrong place.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think her stockings are necessarily chic, but like women who work in an office they are necessary. I don't know how long it is going to take for people and the media to realize that looking like a runway model has never been her thing.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 10-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I don't think her stockings are necessarily chic, but like women who work in an office they are necessary. I don't know how long it is going to take for people and the media to realize that looking like a runway model has never been her thing.
I do not really understand what we are talking about. How was it before??? Only dark stockings, or not stockings at all??? We are talking about winter or only summer??
Old 10-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

No stockings at all has been the norm for a few years now. I've only ever thought bare legs were suitable for home, beach and very hot climates. However, I used to work in the Bahamas and the ladies who worked all wore stockings/tights/pantyhose in that gosh-awful summertime climate.

Since I am almost elderly, this is ingrained in me, so I am at a disadvantage when it comes to "modern" clothing acceptances.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
No stockings at all has been the norm for a few years now. I've only ever thought bare legs were suitable for home, beach and very hot climates. However, I used to work in the Bahamas and the ladies who worked all wore stockings/tights/pantyhose in that gosh-awful summertime climate.

Since I am almost elderly, this is ingrained in me, so I am at a disadvantage when it comes to "modern" clothing acceptances.
Thanks

This is a crazy fashion, and not elegant. I live in Greece, when climate is quite nice, but during the period November - April, if you get out with a skirt and without stokings, you feel cold. I mean when you are a normal people, walking in the street, waiting for the bus, etc etc. Additionally, nude legs in winter is not nice. You are not tanned, skin is very pale, and you might have small varices, or other defaults.
Nude legs is OK in climates where you go to the beach the whole year, and you are tanned, it covers everything.
So Kate is just reintroducing a practical and nice fashion.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Nobility

*lol* probaly not many on this forum go for 'heroin chic' ... that clashas a bit, don't you think? I never did anyway. But stockings I hated all my life ; good thing is - in Switzerland it's not even a 'must' in business ...

But, yes - it looks better with, than without.