The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 5: October 2011 - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 5 of the thread for The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 4: August 2011 - September 2011 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

did you know that people mag has a special ed of kate's style? its pretty interesting

Last edited:
Agreed. The Temperley dress would look beautiful on her.:flowers:

Some dresses from the new collections of designers Kate has worn in the past...I love the Temperley dress,the flower details look very cute and the subtle colours are definitely fitting her style :)

Some dresses from the new collections of designers Kate has worn in the past...I love the Temperley dress,the flower details look very cute and the subtle colours are definitely fitting her style :)

Here, we imagine what she may pick from her favourite designers...

I agree. I'm not liking any of the other dresses that were suggested, but the Temperley dress is simply gorgeous. She will do it some great justice.

I'd actually like the Roland Mouret dress if those hem flaps were eliminated. That's a very attractive neckline and bodice, and the style would be very flattering to her figure. But those flaps really look odd.

Last edited:
Absolutely; to paraphrase Justin Timberlake's song: "They're bringing classy back"! :lol:

Absolutely; to paraphrase Justin Timberlake's song: "They're bringing classy back"! :lol:

:ROFLMAO: As soon as I wrote that, that song came to mind (and I'm not a JT fan at all :eek:). Who knows, maybe one day there'll be a song parody to that tune about the Cambridge/Middleton fashions.

In regards to the coming back of nude stockings, I'm all for that. Those are the only ones I wear under my dress slacks.

Last edited:
Flesh toned tights have never gone out of style for me.

Back in the day when I wore dresses and skirts to work, I opted for taupe or coffee-colored tights. Just that bit of color to prevent too light of a look and slenderizing for my legs, I felt, when I carried some added weight back then. And Kate's got fantastic and shapely legs, so why obscure them with heavy-looking hosiery?

Last edited:
The title makes me think of a rather creepy science fiction movie.

Rise of the Kate clones

I'll post this in the 'Current Events' section too, so mods, feel free to delete if either post is in the wrong place.

I don't think her stockings are necessarily chic, but like women who work in an office they are necessary. I don't know how long it is going to take for people and the media to realize that looking like a runway model has never been her thing.

I don't think her stockings are necessarily chic, but like women who work in an office they are necessary. I don't know how long it is going to take for people and the media to realize that looking like a runway model has never been her thing.

I do not really understand what we are talking about. How was it before??? Only dark stockings, or not stockings at all??? We are talking about winter or only summer??

Last edited:
No stockings at all has been the norm for a few years now. I've only ever thought bare legs were suitable for home, beach and very hot climates. However, I used to work in the Bahamas and the ladies who worked all wore stockings/tights/pantyhose in that gosh-awful summertime climate.

Since I am almost elderly, this is ingrained in me, so I am at a disadvantage when it comes to "modern" clothing acceptances.

No stockings at all has been the norm for a few years now. I've only ever thought bare legs were suitable for home, beach and very hot climates. However, I used to work in the Bahamas and the ladies who worked all wore stockings/tights/pantyhose in that gosh-awful summertime climate.

Since I am almost elderly, this is ingrained in me, so I am at a disadvantage when it comes to "modern" clothing acceptances.

Thanks

This is a crazy fashion, and not elegant. I live in Greece, when climate is quite nice, but during the period November - April, if you get out with a skirt and without stokings, you feel cold. I mean when you are a normal people, walking in the street, waiting for the bus, etc etc. Additionally, nude legs in winter is not nice. You are not tanned, skin is very pale, and you might have small varices, or other defaults.
Nude legs is OK in climates where you go to the beach the whole year, and you are tanned, it covers everything.
So Kate is just reintroducing a practical and nice fashion.

*lol* probaly not many on this forum go for 'heroin chic' ... that clashas a bit, don't you think? I never did anyway. But stockings I hated all my life ; good thing is - in Switzerland it's not even a 'must' in business ...

But, yes - it looks better with, than without.

Well her wedding should be the best for her, and obviously Kate thinks that her dress was the best and that is the only thing that matters....

honestly if i were getting married of would copy her dress, its a timeless piece imo

*lol* probaly not many on this forum go for 'heroin chic' ... that clashas a bit, don't you think? I never did anyway. But stockings I hated all my life ; good thing is - in Switzerland it's not even a 'must' in business ...

But, yes - it looks better with, than without.

I did not find that the case (re: stockings) when I worked in Zurich for the Big Bank at Paradeplatz 8. Unless you wore trousers, everyone wore some kind of leg covering. Of course that was 14 years ago. I realize things change.

Last edited:
I´m looking for photos of that one event where Kate sat in the first row on a chair wearing a pink or lilac short dress and wore her hair in a knot in her neck and wore some earrings. They sometimes show a little video of that event on German "RTL" -channel, but I never could find photos of her here in the fashion thread. Don´t know, maybe it was an evening event.
Can somebody help please?

I´m looking for photos of that one event where Kate sat in the first row on a chair wearing a pink or lilac short dress and wore her hair in a knot in her neck and wore some earrings. They sometimes show a little video of that event on German "RTL" -channel, but I never could find photos of her here in the fashion thread. Don´t know, maybe it was an evening event.
Can somebody help please?

The dress is by Issa, during the Canada trip.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pDnha809Z...4j0Dmt8/s1600/kate+middleton+purple+dress.jpg

Thank you, Duke. She seems to have a closet full with those Issa-dresses in different colours. I think that Issa-style looks a little bit like underwear.

Thank you, Duke. She seems to have a closet full with those Issa-dresses in different colours. I think that Issa-style looks a little bit like underwear.

I agree, plus the neckline is too low.

The only Issa dress I have liked, is her engagement one. All the others have looked ugly.

The only good thing I have to say about the purple Issa dress is its color, but I really don't care for the plunging neckline at all either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom