The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 5: October 2011 - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the dress, that's true. The turtleneck and the belt bother me. But that is also personal. I have an irrational dislike against turtlenecks and randomly putting a belt around your middle is unnecesary. Take away one of those things (preferably the turtleneck) and it would be a thumbs up for me.

Atleast her hair looks like it stepped right out of a L'oreal commercial.

Same as usual, safe, boring and conservative. William looked better, as he does most times they are out.

To be honest, it's not my favourite outfit for Kate. It was appropriate for the visit but just not really my thing.

I have to say though, I'm a few years younger than Kate and my hair's just about the same colour as hers, although slightly shorter. I would KILL for her hair. It's just so luxuriant and shiny. I'm incredibly jealous.

To be honest, it's not my favourite outfit for Kate. It was appropriate for the visit but just not really my thing.

I have to say though, I'm a few years younger than Kate and my hair's just about the same colour as hers, although slightly shorter. I would KILL for her hair. It's just so luxuriant and shiny. I'm incredibly jealous.
It's easy, just find expensive hairdresser and have many time to sit on his chair.

About the outfit - drab colors and I hate the belt, why Kate emphasizes her controversial thinness? New dress for visit homeless is not a good idea, I'm sure that she can repeat something already seen. Still hate eyeliner - good for evening but not all the time. Her shiny hair are totally unimpressive for me, rather annoying, same all the time and she has bad habit to play with them.

It's easy, just find expensive hairdresser and have many time to sit on his chair.

About the outfit - drab colors and I hate the belt, why Kate emphasizes her controversial thinness? New dress for visit homeless is not a good idea.

It was a dress from Ralph Lauren's cheapest line, and I believe it's under $200. She didn't exactly show up in McQueen. She looked very occasion appropriate to me.

^^^^
I agree, perfectly appropriate for the occassion. Also, I would guess that she doesn't find being thin at all controversial.

Maybe she doesn't but many people do.

Well that's just too bad, many other people don't. As I've said before here IF we were allowed to equally criticize people for being overweight there would be an enormous outcry. She is SLENDER she is not THIN. She has an athletic build .... people need to give it up, it's really none of their business and is highly inappropriate to constantly harp on it. She is clearly very healthy or she would not have that glorious/obnoxious hair. (Take your pick) :lol:

Is there a thread for...

Prince William's Daytime Fashion? May I say that I thought his sweater was a little cheesy looking, and his cords were as beat up as my son's! But, as always, he was suitably attired for the occasion, and that's what counts.

I thought Catherine looked terrific. She looks like a Ralph Lauren model anyway.
A slip would have helped, in a video, she had major cling while walking.
I also noticed her eye makeup was somewhat toned down and looked terrific.
William looks great in anything imo, his obvious devotion to his wife is extremely attractive.

I thought Catherine looked terrific. She looks like a Ralph Lauren model anyway.
I also noticed her eye makeup was somewhat toned down and looked terrific.
William looks great in anything imo, his obvious devotion to his wife is extremely attractive.

Well said. I couldn't agree more here.

About the outfit - drab colors and I hate the belt, why Kate emphasizes her controversial thinness? New dress for visit homeless is not a good idea, I'm sure that she can repeat something already seen. Still hate eyeliner - good for evening but not all the time. Her shiny hair are totally unimpressive for me, rather annoying, same all the time and she has bad habit to play with them.

Because for her it's not controversial? The fact some people think she is thin doesn't mean she is nor does it mean she thinks she is.

Maybe she doesn't but many people do.

Some people do, some people don't. But, what matters, is what she thinks and what her husband thinks I would imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed about the slip. I know that they probably aren't as de rigeur as they used to be, but I like to see a skirt or dress hanging properly.

Otherwise, I thought Kate looked very good.

Sweater dresses are very popular right now. :ermm:

Occasion approriate, but the outfit is dated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because for her it's not controversial? The fact some people think she is thin doesn't mean she is nor does it mean she thinks she is.

Some people do, some people don't. But, what matters, is what she thinks and what her husband thinks I would imagine.

Perfectly said. She looks abolutely healthy, so why she shoud be fatter?? Or to dress to look fatter? Just to please a few?? You can never please everybody!
This is her body, she is built thin! That's nice.
CP Maxima is built heavier, that's also nice.

They are different but bith stunning!

I don't mind at all that she wore a dress, its a very casual dress and the whole look is casual and ideal for such a visit IMO. she could even wear that going shopping or dinner with the girls. The only part I don't like is the hair. Does she curl the ends daily?!

Yes sweater dresses are in fashion these days, but that belt is awful...The dress is lovely and it suits her just well!:flowers:

Yes sweater dresses are in fashion these days, but that belt is awful...The dress is lovely and it suits her just well!:flowers:
I agree that the belt is awful, so was the one in Denmark, and the one with the Zara dress. They are all worn right on the waist.
The belt on the Ralph Lauren model was a buttery brown, and worn lower, looked nice.

I liked the Ralph Lauren Olive Green Sweater Dress on Catherine, it looked appropriate to me. William looked great, and I loved his little "dance"

I agree that the belt is awful, so was the one in Denmark, and the one with the Zara dress. They are all worn right on the waist.
The belt on the Ralph Lauren model was a buttery brown, and worn lower, looked nice.

I don't see what you see as I think the belts have been fine. She's wearing them where they should be worn, around the waist.

I don't see what you see as I think the belts have been fine. She's wearing them where they should be worn, around the waist.

I agree. I don't know where else a belt could be worn, unless you're wearing something that is low-rise.

I've seen some style belts that are cinched tightly at the waist, as Kate is wearing hers, and others that are notched looser and ride lower at the waist. I have a belt that I sometimes wear in the latter style. Either looks good with the dress and I think Kate's look is fine.

Does she curl the ends daily?!

Yes I think she does. It doesn't really take that much time. I do it myself most mornings, and it only takes me about ten minutes. A lot quicker than some other hair routines I have had ;)

Boring,appropriate,nothing special.

And that i think is pretty much what we want from the Duchess of Cambridge. I don't think we want another clothes horse.

Well appropriate yes, boring and nothing special maybe not. There are certain events you can go 'casual' to, but if Catherine looks boring and nothing special for every event it's going to look like she's not bothering to make an effort.
You can wear a stunning outfit to an everyday event. She's always going to sell the clothes she wears, so Catherine is a clothes horse already.

IMO there is a big difference between dressing boring (which I don't think Catherine does at all) and dressing as if you put no effort into what you are wearing. I can think of another oryal (no need to start any comparisons) who IMO dresses more often than not like she put NO thought into what she wears. A par of slacks and a dress shirt that's what she puts on when she does certain engagements. I rather have appropriate classic attire (and yes that may be boring to some) than that anyday.

Catherine's clothes might lack excitement for some but it does look like (at least too me) that some efforrt is put into it.

Last edited:
And that i think is pretty much what we want from the Duchess of Cambridge. I don't think we want another clothes horse.

Personally, I never want boring and predictable - from anyone I admire.

Being interesting does not make one a clothes horse.

Just going to let the Queen of Fashion speak for me:

“If you compare it with philosophy, [fashion] is frivolous. But frivolity may be something good, something that is part of our lives. So I don’t dislike it. And what I like is the mix — that in your life you can have serious things, more frivolous ones. Fashion is about beauty and the search for beauty, I think it’s a fundamental thing. No one criticizes if you want to do beautiful homes. No one criticizes if you want to buy a beautiful chair. But so many intellectuals still criticize why you want to wear beautiful clothes, and it’s only our body, so it must be important in a way.” (Miuccia Prada)

So please, throw the term ''clothes horse'' away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom