The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 5: October 2011 - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: You're right, it is a shame. I suspect that Catherine is like my sister-in-law in that she eats like a horse and is as slim as a reed. She always says "You can't fatten thoroughbreds", or alley cats for that matter. :D

As for the way her hair is styled, not only it's unpractical, it also emphasizes her bad posture, she keeps slouching, and it's not very princesslike...

I agree with this and what MARG said earlier:
What is an issue is when that hair gets in the way, as indeed it did in Copenhagen. The hairstyle was inappropriate for where she was and what she was doing, to such an extent, that the necessity to move it out of the way detracted from the whole event. It was distracting seeing her continually fiddling with her hair, shoving it out of the way, etc. ad nauseum and, it is not as if this was the first time that this problem has occured.

And I understand all that but there are plenty of princesses who wear their hair down. Heck, there are plenty of people who are professionals who wear their hair down. It is more than likely just an unconscious habit. I know women right around her age that have long hair and that apparently annoying habit. She will learn as time goes on, but the constant complaining and harping about it is annoying and sometimes the comments are rude. Not all that I wouldn't like it if she cut her hair or wore it back all the time. She will learn and gradually the habit will probably change as she become more accustomed to royal life and what's expected of her. Even if she never loses the habit, enough all ready! About the hair thing and the weight!

I think the idea that wearing your hair down can be 'inappropriate' is utterly absurd. Unless one is in a laboratory for example where for hygiene reasons hair should be tied back (and covered) we should all be able to wear our hair any way we God damn please.

Please note that this thread has been cleaned up: This is a fashion thread, weight and health
are no subjects for our discussion here! Thanks for your understanding!

That's a beautiful coat; I like the clean lines and oversized collar and since it's in a neutral color, I can visualize so many color possibilities for hats. A black one would look great, too.

I wonder if Kate will get to see her family for Christmas if she's spending it at Sandringham.

The Telegraph has an updated "Kate's fashion hits and misses" column. It strikes this reader that even her supposed misses are not too bad, and often better than the hits of certain other royals...

That's a beautiful coat; I like the clean lines and oversized collar and since it's in a neutral color, I can visualize so many color possibilities for hats. A black one would look great, too.

I wonder if Kate will get to see her family for Christmas if she's spending it at Sandringham.
This coat is similar to this one worn by Kate when William get his RAF wings.

off topic: I think that she can spend one day with royal family and second one with her own like Camilla.

:previous:That was a red coat with black hat, if I recall correctly? That was a stunning outfit.

Could not really understand why will Reiss reveal what Catherine bought? I will hate it if the boutique I went to tell all my friends what I purchased way before I wear it. There goes all the surprise factor!!!

I was thinking about this one
http://www.celebitchy.com/

Oh, right, thank you! The coat does bear some similarity except for those black buttons and what looks to be a zip closure. So I obviously had the wrong event in mind where she wore the red and black outfit; can't think what that was.

Could not really understand why will Reiss reveal what Catherine bought? I will hate it if the boutique I went to tell all my friends what I purchased way before I wear it. There goes all the surprise factor!!!

I would make the guess that Reiss thinks it's good publicity to reveal what Kate bought, so people will buy the product out.;) I suppose they don't care about releasing info for higher sales and will take the chance that Kate won't buy from them if they won't be confidential about her purchases. But perhaps they're confident that she'll continue to buy their merchandise since it's a favorite label of hers.:whistling:

Here's a first view of the Duchess at the Prince's Charities Forum at BAFTA in London, courtesy of Florencia. Only a half view of her outfit, but the sweater is a pretty periwinkle blue color under her coat:

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend The Prince's Charities Forum | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, right, thank you! The coat does bear some similarity except for those black buttons and what looks to be a zip closure. So I obviously had the wrong event in mind where she wore the red and black outfit; can't think what that was.

I would make the guess that Reiss thinks it's good publicity to reveal what Kate bought, so people will buy the product out.;) I suppose they don't care about releasing info for higher sales and will take the chance that Kate won't buy from them if they won't be confidential about her purchases. But perhaps they're confident that she'll continue to buy their merchandise since it's a favorite label of hers.:whistling:

The red coat and black hat combination was worn for William's graduation from Sandhurst.

Thank you, Daria. I remembered that it had some pomp and circumstance to it!:flowers:

Here's a first view of the Duchess at the Prince's Charities Forum at BAFTA in London. Only a half view of her outfit, but the sweater is a pretty periwinkle blue color under her coat:

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend The Prince's Charities Forum | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

That is a very pretty color on her. Looking forward to seeing some more shots, hopefully full ones.

Thank you, Daria. I remembered that it had some pomp and circumstance to it!:flowers:

You're welcome. I think Her Majesty was in a red coat for that event as well.

Thank you, Rosapru. That's a very stylish outfit; it would be nice to see how it looked on Kate and hopefully there may be full-length photos of her.

Part of me wonders if the grey under the Zara black jacket from the forum meeting is the Amanda Wakeley Dress in gunmental - Kate wore the beige version to the Royal Marsden Hospital in September and i think it was reported she had bought the dress in the 3 colours

:previous:I thought the color under Kate's jacket was a blue, but on second look it does seem to be a gray.

For the gala at the St James palace and this recent one I've noticed that the duke and duchess of Cambridge are sporting a Tudor rose like pin? Is there a reason for this?

For the gala at the St James palace and this recent one I've noticed that the duke and duchess of Cambridge are sporting a Tudor rose like pin? Is there a reason for this?

They're wearing poppies, to honor those who have fallen in WWI and other wars.

I remember seeing war veterans sell these poppies around the U.S. holidays of Memorial Day and Veterans Day, but it's not as prevalent anymore as much as it is in Europe.

In case anyone's interested, here's the link that explains the significance of wearing poppies attributed to the war poem, "In Flanders Field."

In Flanders Field, Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae

Last edited:
Well, I really like this outfit. I think she looks appropriate and out of the hats she's worn, this one is actually one of my favorites.

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't appreciate the hilarity. They are all three dressed appropriately for a remembrance service. I admit that Sophie's hat is a little ott ,but their appearance is perfectly in keeping. What would be better headwear -perhaps if they'd all worn flat caps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom