The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

But understated and suitable for the UNICEF visit, I suspect. How long is the trip; just the day? There will probably be other changes of outfits if a bit longer.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:35 AM
Royal Highness

One day trip.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I wonder if we'll see new fashions for the trip to Denmark or recycled items that Kate's worn before. I expect if she wants to keep up with the fashionable Mary, she'll have one or two new things in her repertoire.
I think Catherine will wear something similar to what she wore when visiting the children's hospital - very plain and simple, yet hopefully in a bright Autumnal colour.
I wonder whether it is more of a case that WE want her to keep up with the fashionable Mary and WE hope she will have one or two new things in her repertoire! I don't think queens-to-be look to each other for ideas on fashion and style, but I suppose you never know!!
Old 10-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Nobility

i hope she stay away from dress and wear a pant suit for the first time
Old 10-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I think Catherine will wear something similar to what she wore when visiting the children's hospital - very plain and simple, yet hopefully in a bright Autumnal colour.
I wonder whether it is more of a case that WE want her to keep up with the fashionable Mary and WE hope she will have one or two new things in her repertoire! I don't think queens-to-be look to each other for ideas on fashion and style, but I suppose you never know!!
I suppose one could always obtain a fashion tip or two from each other; I always say you're never too old to learn! It will be interesting to see what each princess wears, although I'm sure they're savvy enough not to dominate the occasion with their outfits but will wear something suitable and practical. But I do hope we see color!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Majesty

Catherine voted 'Britain's Best Dressed'. Nicely done.

Queen of style: Duchess of Cambridge voted Britain's best dressed | Mail Online

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Not surprising, really.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Not surprising, really.
I know, what a shock, eh? I would not necessarily agree with it, but Catherine does have some beautiful clothes. I do often find she dresses slightly older than her age but then I a reminded of the position she is in now. She has to dress to fit the position of a Royal, I guess.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Fashion goes in cycles, so the ladylike and decorous look is popular again, thanks to Kate.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

UNICEF event in Copenhagen with Mary & Fred.

Kate in a red coat & black boots (plus usual hair hanging down & heavy make up). Not liking the belt with the coat, looks quite tacky.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...13_306x527.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...11_634x988.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...49_634x523.jpg
Old 11-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The coat makes her look smaller if that makes sense and the boots need to go. Agree with DoM that the belt looks tacky.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I actually really like this look (belt and all). I think the boots go well with the outfit and I'm glad she wore them instead of regular heels.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

From my point of view,Kate looks really classy and the belt is really nice element that makes visible her slim figure,I really liked her outfit,she is really charming in it.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, I think Catherine looked wonderful in her red coat. I also liked Frederik's super blue suede suit, but I do wish William would get another shirt and tie set!
Old 11-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

The belt looks a bit tacky YES!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I like Kate's outfit and the boots, and am so glad she's wearing a warm red. And I guess we just can't get away from the fact that whatever she seems to wear makes her look very slim. But why are she and William wearing what looks to be like poppies on their lapels? I noticed Mary and Fred don't have this.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I like Kate's outfit and the boots, and am so glad she's wearing a warm red. And I guess we just can't get away from the fact that whatever she seems to wear makes her look very slim. But why are she and William wearing what looks to be like poppies on their lapels? I noticed Mary and Fred don't have this.
They are remembrance poppies, in memory of the Great War, which ended on 11/11 1918.
Denmark stayed out of WWI.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

The poppy is not specific to WWI anymore really. In the UK we wear poppies to honour all those who have fought and died for our country in conflicts since WWI. We pay for them and the money is used to help ex-service personnel and their families.

I thought the red coat was beautiful.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Nobility

Catherine looks great! Tacky? Never!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Royal Highness

I hoped she would dress down a little bit , but nevertheless I really like the red coat and the belt,she looked absolutely great!
Even though there are a lot of women who would also deserve the title "best dressed" like the Duchess,I am glad that Kate put an end to the reign of Kate Moss "heroin chic"....