The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton's style has influenced everyone's tastes (but her wedding dress hasn't made much of a splash) | Mail Online

Old 10-19-2011, 06:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Well her wedding should be the best for her, and obviously Kate thinks that her dress was the best and that is the only thing that matters....

Old 10-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Serene Highness

honestly if i were getting married of would copy her dress, its a timeless piece imo
Old 10-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
*lol* probaly not many on this forum go for 'heroin chic' ... that clashas a bit, don't you think? I never did anyway. But stockings I hated all my life ; good thing is - in Switzerland it's not even a 'must' in business ...

But, yes - it looks better with, than without.
I did not find that the case (re: stockings) when I worked in Zurich for the Big Bank at Paradeplatz 8. Unless you wore trousers, everyone wore some kind of leg covering. Of course that was 14 years ago. I realize things change.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:06 AM
Courtier

Im looking for photos of that one event where Kate sat in the first row on a chair wearing a pink or lilac short dress and wore her hair in a knot in her neck and wore some earrings. They sometimes show a little video of that event on German "RTL" -channel, but I never could find photos of her here in the fashion thread. Dont know, maybe it was an evening event.
Can somebody help please?
Old 10-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Im looking for photos of that one event where Kate sat in the first row on a chair wearing a pink or lilac short dress and wore her hair in a knot in her neck and wore some earrings. They sometimes show a little video of that event on German "RTL" -channel, but I never could find photos of her here in the fashion thread. Dont know, maybe it was an evening event.
Can somebody help please?
The dress is by Issa, during the Canada trip.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pDnha809Z7...rple+dress.jpg
Old 10-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Courtier

Thank you, Duke. She seems to have a closet full with those Issa-dresses in different colours. I think that Issa-style looks a little bit like underwear.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Thank you, Duke. She seems to have a closet full with those Issa-dresses in different colours. I think that Issa-style looks a little bit like underwear.
I agree, plus the neckline is too low.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The only Issa dress I have liked, is her engagement one. All the others have looked ugly.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent

The only good thing I have to say about the purple Issa dress is its color, but I really don't care for the plunging neckline at all either.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I quite agree. The colour is great, the plunge neck is vulgar and the dress shape is - none whatsoever. But then Issa seems to be the ultimate "slimwear".

Catherine seems to favour this particular style but, to me it is more "bedroom" than "ballroom" and does not flatter her shape at all. The "shape" thing is what I truly do not understand. What woman insists on wearing clothes that make her look flat and shapeless? Does she not look at photo's of herself? The camera is said to add pounds . . . . what must she see when she looks at herself in the mirror?
Old 10-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Serene Highness

The purple dress's fabric is very cheap-looking to me (yes, as if it came from a low end lingerie store). I can't think of anyone on whom this style would be flattering, and it seems such a departure from the more classic styles she usually wears.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Courtier

Oh Gee ...... does anyone else have anything to add to trash Catherine's appearance? Just to make things "interesting" I offer my opinion .... I think she looks lovely, and as to "vulgar" or "cheap" .... pardon me while I pick myself up off the floor from laughing.

I doubt Catherine could look "vulgar" even if she tried.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Commoner

I don't mind the Issa dresses, and I thought the purple one was nice, LOL! My only problem with the purple one is the fabric seemed very flimsy. Could have been better, IMO.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The dress is by Issa, during the Canada trip.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pDnha809Z7...rple+dress.jpg
That was a very unattractive look for her. It looked too big and made her look incredibly thin. It probably would have looked better on someone with more meat on their bones; perhaps Charlene or Victoria.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 10-22-2011, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the Issa dress, the colour is lovely, the fabric is fine, it is a very simple dress that we could wear during the day however it fits the occasion very well, again a big yes for her!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if we'll see new fashions for the trip to Denmark or recycled items that Kate's worn before. I expect if she wants to keep up with the fashionable Mary, she'll have one or two new things in her repertoire.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

If Catherine were more full-figured, she wouldn't be able to get away with it. As slim and..er...flat as she is, she looks okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
The only good thing I have to say about the purple Issa dress is its color, but I really don't care for the plunging neckline at all either.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I wonder if we'll see new fashions for the trip to Denmark or recycled items that Kate's worn before. I expect if she wants to keep up with the fashionable Mary, she'll have one or two new things in her repertoire.
I'm going to guess that we'll be seeing something recycled, but perhaps not worn for a few years. Knowing Catherine, she may choose to go low key to emphasize the cause. That's just my guess of course. Maybe she'll surprise us and pull out all the stops with a new outfit.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I'm going to guess that we'll be seeing something recycled, but perhaps not worn for a few years. Knowing Catherine, she may choose to go low key to emphasize the cause. That's just my guess of course. Maybe she'll surprise us and pull out all the stops with a new outfit.
I suspect we will something new and autumnal.