The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I thought Catherine looked terrific. She looks like a Ralph Lauren model anyway.
A slip would have helped, in a video, she had major cling while walking.
I also noticed her eye makeup was somewhat toned down and looked terrific.
William looks great in anything imo, his obvious devotion to his wife is extremely attractive.
Well said. I couldn't agree more here.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
It's easy, just find expensive hairdresser and have many time to sit on his chair.

About the outfit - drab colors and I hate the belt, why Kate emphasizes her controversial thinness? New dress for visit homeless is not a good idea, I'm sure that she can repeat something already seen. Still hate eyeliner - good for evening but not all the time. Her shiny hair are totally unimpressive for me, rather annoying, same all the time and she has bad habit to play with them.
Because for her it's not controversial? The fact some people think she is thin doesn't mean she is nor does it mean she thinks she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
Maybe she doesn't but many people do.
Some people do, some people don't. But, what matters, is what she thinks and what her husband thinks I would imagine.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Is there a thread for...Prince William's Daytime Fashion? May I say that I thought his sweater was a little cheesy looking, and his cords were as beat up as my son's! But, as always, he was suitably attired for the occasion, and that's what counts.

There is a combined thread that can be used

** Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 1: April 2003 - **
Old 12-22-2011, 03:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Agreed about the slip. I know that they probably aren't as de rigeur as they used to be, but I like to see a skirt or dress hanging properly.

Otherwise, I thought Kate looked very good.

Quote:
I thought Catherine looked terrific. She looks like a Ralph Lauren model anyway.
A slip would have helped, in a video, she had major cling while walking.
Sweater dresses are very popular right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Occasion approriate, but the outfit is dated.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
Because for her it's not controversial? The fact some people think she is thin doesn't mean she is nor does it mean she thinks she is.

Some people do, some people don't. But, what matters, is what she thinks and what her husband thinks I would imagine.

Perfectly said. She looks abolutely healthy, so why she shoud be fatter?? Or to dress to look fatter? Just to please a few?? You can never please everybody!
This is her body, she is built thin! That's nice.
CP Maxima is built heavier, that's also nice.

They are different but bith stunning!
Old 12-22-2011, 05:27 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Sweater dresses are very popular right now.
I agree - this is a current look, very fashionable, as is her make-up and hairdo. I love her style!
Old 12-22-2011, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I don't mind at all that she wore a dress, its a very casual dress and the whole look is casual and ideal for such a visit IMO. she could even wear that going shopping or dinner with the girls. The only part I don't like is the hair. Does she curl the ends daily?!
Old 12-22-2011, 05:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes sweater dresses are in fashion these days, but that belt is awful...The dress is lovely and it suits her just well!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Yes sweater dresses are in fashion these days, but that belt is awful...The dress is lovely and it suits her just well!
I agree that the belt is awful, so was the one in Denmark, and the one with the Zara dress. They are all worn right on the waist.
The belt on the Ralph Lauren model was a buttery brown, and worn lower, looked nice.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I liked the Ralph Lauren Olive Green Sweater Dress on Catherine, it looked appropriate to me. William looked great, and I loved his little "dance"
Old 12-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I agree that the belt is awful, so was the one in Denmark, and the one with the Zara dress. They are all worn right on the waist.
The belt on the Ralph Lauren model was a buttery brown, and worn lower, looked nice.
I don't see what you see as I think the belts have been fine. She's wearing them where they should be worn, around the waist.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
I don't see what you see as I think the belts have been fine. She's wearing them where they should be worn, around the waist.
I agree. I don't know where else a belt could be worn, unless you're wearing something that is low-rise.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I've seen some style belts that are cinched tightly at the waist, as Kate is wearing hers, and others that are notched looser and ride lower at the waist. I have a belt that I sometimes wear in the latter style. Either looks good with the dress and I think Kate's look is fine.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Does she curl the ends daily?!
Yes I think she does. It doesn't really take that much time. I do it myself most mornings, and it only takes me about ten minutes. A lot quicker than some other hair routines I have had
Old 12-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Boring,appropriate,nothing special.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Boring,appropriate,nothing special.
And that i think is pretty much what we want from the Duchess of Cambridge. I don't think we want another clothes horse.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
And that i think is pretty much what we want from the Duchess of Cambridge. I don't think we want another clothes horse.
Well appropriate yes, boring and nothing special maybe not. There are certain events you can go 'casual' to, but if Catherine looks boring and nothing special for every event it's going to look like she's not bothering to make an effort.
You can wear a stunning outfit to an everyday event. She's always going to sell the clothes she wears, so Catherine is a clothes horse already.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Administrator

IMO there is a big difference between dressing boring (which I don't think Catherine does at all) and dressing as if you put no effort into what you are wearing. I can think of another oryal (no need to start any comparisons) who IMO dresses more often than not like she put NO thought into what she wears. A par of slacks and a dress shirt that's what she puts on when she does certain engagements. I rather have appropriate classic attire (and yes that may be boring to some) than that anyday.

Catherine's clothes might lack excitement for some but it does look like (at least too me) that some efforrt is put into it.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Personally, I never want boring and predictable - from anyone I admire.

Being interesting does not make one a clothes horse.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Serene Highness

Just going to let the Queen of Fashion speak for me:

Quote:
“If you compare it with philosophy, [fashion] is frivolous. But frivolity may be something good, something that is part of our lives. So I don’t dislike it. And what I like is the mix — that in your life you can have serious things, more frivolous ones. Fashion is about beauty and the search for beauty, I think it’s a fundamental thing. No one criticizes if you want to do beautiful homes. No one criticizes if you want to buy a beautiful chair. But so many intellectuals still criticize why you want to wear beautiful clothes, and it’s only our body, so it must be important in a way.” (Miuccia Prada)
So please, throw the term ''clothes horse'' away.