The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Nobility

Can someone please do a photo collage of Kate's hand on her hair on her shoulder?

Old 12-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I tend to agree about wearing brighter jewel colors, especially this time of year, but I like how Kate looks casual yet dressy with the combination of boots and dress. Her usual long hair also suits the overall look of the outfit, and the color does enhance the green of her eyes, as seen here:

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/136...5112AC8815AEE0

Old 12-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Majesty

I thought her eyes were more grey than green. But they do match her dress.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe they are grey, but her eyes seem to pick up blues and greens.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Serene Highness

Jewel tones at this time of year would be excellent. I predict she'll get the hang of this fashion thing eventually - though she really seems to be wearing what she herself prefers, at this time (neutrals - perhaps not wanting any more attention than what she's getting?) It simply won't work (to quell attention), so she may as well brighten up.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Royal Highness

Occasion approriate, but the outfit is dated.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Serene Highness

This look reminds me of her pictures before her marriage. She had a very casual look. Classic and clean. Remember her jeans, boots and hat look? This kind of reminds me of that.I do think she should have worn something a little more colorful for the holidays. But she looked very pretty.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
Jewel tones at this time of year would be excellent. I predict she'll get the hang of this fashion thing eventually - though she really seems to be wearing what she herself prefers, at this time (neutrals - perhaps not wanting any more attention than what she's getting?) It simply won't work (to quell attention), so she may as well brighten up.
Kate's fighting a losing battle if she thinks she'll attract less attention by wearing subdued colors, so hopefully she'll go for brighter tones. That's unless, of course, she naturally prefers this palette.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Occasion approriate, but the outfit is dated.
Oh my ..l.. a turtleneck sweater dress dated?? It is classic, maybe not to your taste but definitely not dated. Again, there are those who do not like her boots but they are NOT dated. She looks very appropriate for the given situation, anything flashier would have looked out of place at this charity event.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

This is the best I've seen Kate look. How can a fine knit turtleneck dress be dated? A sophisticated outfit like this can't, IMO, be dated. She looks great!
Old 12-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Royal Highness

I don't like the dress, that's true. The turtleneck and the belt bother me. But that is also personal. I have an irrational dislike against turtlenecks and randomly putting a belt around your middle is unnecesary. Take away one of those things (preferably the turtleneck) and it would be a thumbs up for me.

Atleast her hair looks like it stepped right out of a L'oreal commercial.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Same as usual, safe, boring and conservative. William looked better, as he does most times they are out.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

To be honest, it's not my favourite outfit for Kate. It was appropriate for the visit but just not really my thing.

I have to say though, I'm a few years younger than Kate and my hair's just about the same colour as hers, although slightly shorter. I would KILL for her hair. It's just so luxuriant and shiny. I'm incredibly jealous.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
To be honest, it's not my favourite outfit for Kate. It was appropriate for the visit but just not really my thing.

I have to say though, I'm a few years younger than Kate and my hair's just about the same colour as hers, although slightly shorter. I would KILL for her hair. It's just so luxuriant and shiny. I'm incredibly jealous.
It's easy, just find expensive hairdresser and have many time to sit on his chair.

About the outfit - drab colors and I hate the belt, why Kate emphasizes her controversial thinness? New dress for visit homeless is not a good idea, I'm sure that she can repeat something already seen. Still hate eyeliner - good for evening but not all the time. Her shiny hair are totally unimpressive for me, rather annoying, same all the time and she has bad habit to play with them.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
It's easy, just find expensive hairdresser and have many time to sit on his chair.

About the outfit - drab colors and I hate the belt, why Kate emphasizes her controversial thinness? New dress for visit homeless is not a good idea.
It was a dress from Ralph Lauren's cheapest line, and I believe it's under $200. She didn't exactly show up in McQueen. She looked very occasion appropriate to me.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
I agree, perfectly appropriate for the occassion. Also, I would guess that she doesn't find being thin at all controversial.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Royal Highness

Maybe she doesn't but many people do.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
Maybe she doesn't but many people do.
Well that's just too bad, many other people don't. As I've said before here IF we were allowed to equally criticize people for being overweight there would be an enormous outcry. She is SLENDER she is not THIN. She has an athletic build .... people need to give it up, it's really none of their business and is highly inappropriate to constantly harp on it. She is clearly very healthy or she would not have that glorious/obnoxious hair. (Take your pick)
Old 12-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Royal Highness

Is there a thread for...

Prince William's Daytime Fashion? May I say that I thought his sweater was a little cheesy looking, and his cords were as beat up as my son's! But, as always, he was suitably attired for the occasion, and that's what counts.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought Catherine looked terrific. She looks like a Ralph Lauren model anyway.
A slip would have helped, in a video, she had major cling while walking.
I also noticed her eye makeup was somewhat toned down and looked terrific.
William looks great in anything imo, his obvious devotion to his wife is extremely attractive.

Closed Thread