The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 5: October 2011 - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the green dress on Catherine. Of course, I wore the same style in my younger days. Catherine doesn't want to be known just for her clothes and I think that is reflected in her choices. Understated. modest, comfortable and designed not to over shadow anyone else.

^^^^
I agree, she does not want to become known as a fashion clothes horse. She always seems to dress appropriately and look quite nice but hopefully will never develop into a fashion diva.

I simply love the green dress! So chic and fashionable.

When it comes to cost I'm a bit torn. There's definately a limit as to how expensive a piece of clothing should e in my opinion, but I'm not sure I like it when royals dress in cheap budget clothes.

These chain stores often use underpaid labour, even child labour, although they always claim they did not know about it. I don't know if expensive designers are better in that respect, but I do hope so. Last week I bought a very nice skirt for 9 euros (RRP, not on sale), and while I like it, I can't help feeling guilty about it. Feels like something might be wrong there.

Well Catherine has worn some great outfits in the recent past but I have to admit this green thing is not one of them. Im surprised to see her in that. The color is great for her but it is kind of frumpy. Not digging it. Sorry.:flowers:

The princesses make ballet flats look comfy, but I find them very lacking in protection to the foot - and in support while standing.

Princess Diana often towered over people on some of her public engagements, I imagine the Duchess does as well. That's where ballet flats come in handy.

i love it! the ballet flat looks so comfy

I love them so much. I have several pairs, and wear them most of the time as daytime footwear- I usually don't wear heels until evening.

I have two pairs of ballet flats, and would love to get a few more. They're comfortable, as well as dressy and casual.

I wish mine were comfortable - they are great for yoga and around the house (way more stylish than any other simple footwear). I like to have an arch even in my slippas!

They are very elegant on tall, slim women, though.

I like them, but don't wear them too often since I need good support and an arch for my feet. But I love seeing them on other ladies!

I know that the Centerpoint UK event is taking place in the evening (London time), but since the attire won't be all that fancy, I figured that I'd post the first pictures of Catherine's outfit on this thread. Of course feel free to move if necessary.

Catherine is in Ralph Lauren turtle neck sweater dress and boots. I like it. Casual but still professional. I know we don't talk about William's attire here, but I'm so happy to see him in pants and sweater for a change. He looks nice in blue, as always.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/13...C212966E131CCDB1C1661DBB5BE99E8849ABB4A149971

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/13...637B4C5894E5DDB1C1661DBB5BE99D2572133DFBE792F

Isn't "centerpoint" something to do with either sick children or homeless? I think it's more homeless people? In either case, I think their attire is perfect for the "event".
The Duchess is the only person that I can think of that can pull off that look, being tall and slender, as well as the boots. I think she looks good. Any one else (princess wise) would look short and frumpy. well, maybe not Pr. Mary.
So all in all, I think she looks good.

William looks festive, Kate does not (I wish she had worn something non-neutral). Something more cheerful - her general palette of colors tends toward the drab. Make-up seems to be a bit less heavy on the lower lid, which is a nice change.

One thing I do admire about both of them is that they look like regular people out and about at this time of year. It's good that they aren't making their lives revolve around what to wear at these appearances. They've been rather busy lately, but it doesn't show.

Can someone please do a photo collage of Kate's hand on her hair on her shoulder? :lol:

I thought her eyes were more grey than green. But they do match her dress.

Maybe they are grey, but her eyes seem to pick up blues and greens.

Jewel tones at this time of year would be excellent. I predict she'll get the hang of this fashion thing eventually - though she really seems to be wearing what she herself prefers, at this time (neutrals - perhaps not wanting any more attention than what she's getting?) It simply won't work (to quell attention), so she may as well brighten up.

This look reminds me of her pictures before her marriage. She had a very casual look. Classic and clean. Remember her jeans, boots and hat look? This kind of reminds me of that.I do think she should have worn something a little more colorful for the holidays. But she looked very pretty.:flowers:

Jewel tones at this time of year would be excellent. I predict she'll get the hang of this fashion thing eventually - though she really seems to be wearing what she herself prefers, at this time (neutrals - perhaps not wanting any more attention than what she's getting?) It simply won't work (to quell attention), so she may as well brighten up.

Kate's fighting a losing battle if she thinks she'll attract less attention by wearing subdued colors, so hopefully she'll go for brighter tones. That's unless, of course, she naturally prefers this palette.

Occasion approriate, but the outfit is dated.

Oh my ..l.. a turtleneck sweater dress dated?? It is classic, maybe not to your taste but definitely not dated. Again, there are those who do not like her boots but they are NOT dated. She looks very appropriate for the given situation, anything flashier would have looked out of place at this charity event.

This is the best I've seen Kate look. How can a fine knit turtleneck dress be dated? A sophisticated outfit like this can't, IMO, be dated. She looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom