The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Serene Highness

but whats wrong with how she dress rt now? i think its a great type of style

Old 09-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

You next Pippa? Another Saturday, another wedding for Kate and her sister, who has the key to Alex's door | Mail Online

Love her dress and shoes! But could have done better with the hair.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Majesty

I'm not a fan of the hat, but I really like the dress. Bright and vibrant (and love the lace).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:16 AM
Royal Highness

I personally think she waaaaaay missed the mark here. Dress is fine by itself but doesn't match shoes or hat from these pics and it looks like 3 pieces not an outfit.....I dislike this whole look myself aside from the dress color
Old 09-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Aristocracy

I love everything about the outfit except the shoes. They are too shiny and look tacky. If it were me, I would have stuck to suede velvety wine red pumps :)
Old 09-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the dress and the color is so complementary to Kate's coloring; she looks fantastic in vibrant jewel tones. But I don't care for the small hat perched on all that hair, which I had read somewhere took 4 hours in a salon to do. And I agree that the shoes look too shiny; red suede pumps would have looked lovely.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not too keen on this latest wedding outfit - althought the colour is a nice vibrant one, the accessorised items don't "lift" the outfit imo. I'm finding these little hats so beloved by young British Royals & their friends/relations are rather tedious & a little pointless when you have ample locks.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I quite liked Kate's lace red dress, I thought it was very pretty and the headpiece was lovely with it. I liked the simplicity of the hat since the dress was busy with being all lace. The only miss of the look was the dark red heels which I thought didn't match the overall look.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I like the dress, hate the hat.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Royal Highness

Lovely dress ruined by the accessories (often thing with Kate). For me red hat is too much, dress should be the main 'red star' of the outfit. Prada shoes are ok, nothing special. Usual hair covers the top of the dress, make-up is too strong.
Honesty I prefer Pippa's outfit better.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Have to agree with you there, agami.pearl; Pippa had more pizzazz although it's another case of too much hair with a small hat.

BTW, I like your avatar. Is that the newly-wed Prince and Princess of Prussia at their wedding reception? That tiara is gorgeous!
Old 09-25-2011, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I like the colors a lot. Personally, I just don't like this kind of lace dresses at all. They look too much like tablecloths in my book. The shoes are great, but not too great with this outfit.

My main critique would refer to her boring hairstyle (come on, a fascinator almost screams for an updo if you're older than 20) and most of all the make up. I don't like what happens to her face. Actually I looked through old pictures of her lately and I thought she looked really lovely with a few kilos more and softer make up. She should have worked on that: soften the look to appear younger, more feminine and fresher instead of that harsh and heavy eye make up and too much blush while her face has become rather haggard due to weight loss. She has a pretty face and a fab body, she should be more self-confident now. She doesn't need that much make up and it ruins most of her looks, IMHO. Less is more, in her case for sure.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
I like the colors a lot. Personally, I just don't like this kind of lace dresses at all. They look too much like tablecloths in my book. The shoes are great, but not too great with this outfit.

My main critique would refer to her boring hairstyle (come on, a fascinator almost screams for an updo if you're older than 20) and most of all the make up. I don't like what happens to her face. Actually I looked through old pictures of her lately and I thought she looked really lovely with a few kilos more and softer make up. She should have worked on that: soften the look to appear younger, more feminine and fresher instead of that harsh and heavy eye make up and too much blush while her face has become rather haggard due to weight loss. She has a pretty face and a fab body, she should be more self-confident now. She doesn't need that much make up and it ruins most of her looks, IMHO. Less is more, in her case for sure.
This is what I'm thinking too. More experiments with the hair (I have long hair too but I can't wear them loose all the time, I'm playing with them a lot), less make-up and she would look much more better.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

If not fully up, Kate's hair could have been pulled back in that half-up, half-down look that she's worn on several occasions. It would show her pretty face more rather than the distraction of a curtain of hair, the fascinator may have looked better and a softer makeup palette would have completed a nicer look.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
My main critique would refer to her boring hairstyle (come on, a fascinator almost screams for an updo if you're older than 20) and most of all the make up. I don't like what happens to her face. Actually I looked through old pictures of her lately and I thought she looked really lovely with a few kilos more and softer make up. She should have worked on that: soften the look to appear younger, more feminine and fresher instead of that harsh and heavy eye make up and too much blush while her face has become rather haggard due to weight loss.
You took the words right out of my mouth! The outfit is ok but hairstyle and make-up are terrible. Kate looks very harsh and much older than her age, I wonder why she is ageing so much lately, I mean she isnt doing much in public and the understandable weight loss prior to the wedding should have recovered by now. Instead, it seems to be getting worse. HM at the age of 85 looks more relaxed and has softer facial features than Kate under 30.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Nobility

Kate looks fantastic in red. I really like the lace dress trend. Until recently, lace was so old-fashioned, but they've updated it nicely. I loved Kate's hair. She has ridiculously fantastic hair and it looks great down. I think the smaller hat (at least this one) begs for it to be down. At the races, Kate had her hair up with a small hat and everyone complained that she should have worn it down instead.... I also don't think a half-up look would have looked right with this hat.

Kate's make-up looks nice. But photos aren't the true measure of how she looks in person. The lighting on photos can make her make-up look darker and harsher.* (E.g., in one pic in the paper, Kate has burgundy shoes and hair and in the other pic, she has black shoes and dark hair). I bet her make-up looks different in person. Besides, this was a wedding, a real event...I wear much more make-up than I do on an every day basis at weddings.

She doesn't need to gain any weight. She looks very healthy. Regardless, she's already gained a few back since last time we saw her. And the shoes make her legs look fabulous! Her legs are to die for. These pics remind me a little of the last time she wore red to a wedding in St. Andrews. More pics from this wedding will be in this week's Hello!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Majesty

I thought she looked elegant.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Gentry

In my humble opinion, the red dress must be a good quality piece and furthermore, it looks fantastic on Catherine. The lace dress trend is quite big this season as well, every woman must have at least a black lacey dress in her wardrobe, my dears. What astonishes me is the rather appalling appearance of her face's skin. Without any doubt a pretty face, but a face of a young woman who seems to neglect it and ages quickly. We can't realise the damage to our skin from day to day but before Catherine turns 40, she will be looking worse than other princesses who are older than her. The majority of the women in Britain look rather haggard and dehydrated to me from an early age, I blame it on the climate and diet, however we are talking about the wife of the future heir to the British throne. I am fairly certain that Darling Hubby can afford all the appropriate beauty treatments, she should start with Vitamin C facials and then move to collagen and other vital substances that could transform, nourish and smooth her skin. You are a Duchess now, honey. The sky is the limit! Farewell!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_noblesse View Post
I am fairly certain that Darling Hubby can afford all the appropriate beauty treatments, she should start with Vitamin C facials and then move to collagen and other vital substances that could transform, nourish and smooth her skin. You are a Duchess now, honey. The sky is the limit! Farewell!
Oh yes, and the news that Prince William is spending thousands of pounds on facial for his dear princess will make him and the family a real laughing stock. She can sort herself out with that 'darling hubby' spending a penny IMO.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Aristocracy

I love the colour on her, but not the lace itself (whoever said it's like a tablecloth nailed it!). And while I'm happy she left the nude heels in the closet for once, I don't like the colour of the Prada ones she chose. And the hat makes the outfit too matchy-matchy. But I'm glad she tried something different.

Closed Thread