The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

^Yep.

I believe the beach photos were taken 3 weeks ago. It's the photos of her shopping in London that were taken around the time of these Hungerford ones.

Kate Middleton Shopping at Peter Jones Pictures Photo 2

Old 09-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
We are told the photos are of Kate, but I don't think it is Kate. She is much too heavy compared to the beach walk photos where Pippa is with her. The two sets of photos were deemed to have been taken only days apart.
If you look at the second picture, you will see it's Catherine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
From Sept. 4

Old 09-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate has an awful lot of doppelgangers out and about...Kate must be hitting the Mars Bars hard! LOL
Old 09-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta
Kate has an awful lot of doppelgangers out and about...Kate must be hitting the Mars Bars hard! LOL
She looks great- not what I'd call "hitting the mars bars hard".
Old 09-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Courtier

IMO a young woman with a healthy appetite, as has been credited to Catherine, would probably gain some weight after life finally settling down a bit and not under constant scrutiny. As slender as she was a gain of five or six pounds could easily happen and would certainly show in her face ... which is where I thought I noticed she looked a bit more filled out. She may well be the kind of person who shows weight gains and losses in her face first.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hitting the mars bars? You have got to be kidding me, after all the people complaining that she was too skinny and might have an eating disorder, now starts the "she looks fat" comments?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-15-2011, 07:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
^Yep.

I believe the beach photos were taken 3 weeks ago. It's the photos of her shopping in London that were taken around the time of these Hungerford ones.

Kate Middleton Shopping at Peter Jones Pictures Photo 2
I wish I would look like this in tight jeans She really has a great figure, I guess she´s naturally thin but she also keeps fit with sports...maybe I should also take up joggingI like her blouse in that picture!She has some look-a likes but I´m sure these pictures are her...

Here´s an interview with Jenny Peckham who also talks a little bit about Catherine and her new collection:

What was it like seeing Kate Middleton wear your design? Did you know she was going to be wearing your dress?
Yes, we were completely involved, and it was really fantastic. It was lovely working with her, like it is working with any other person. We dressed Angelina Jolie a couple weeks before that, which was really exciting as well. I love meeting customers because I learn so much about how they're thinking.

Read more: Fashion Week: 5 Questions With Designer Jenny Packham - TIME NewsFeed

from the same page:Kate Middletons Fashion Evolution-I´ve clicked through all the pictures,they really picked very nice photos :-)
http://www.time.com/time/photogaller...298323,00.html
Old 09-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Nobility

The September 4 pics were widely circulated as being from the shopping trip in Hungerford on that date, but they are from last December. So the most recent Kate pics are the ones from Peter Jones in which Kate is shopping for home stuff. Sorry for the confusion!

Kate was seen a couple of days ago in Scotland wearing tweed and waterproofs. No pics.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Aristocracy

US Fashion Police Out of Order on Kate's Style
Old 09-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
You should listen to or read the transcripts of the tapes Jackie recorded, you may view her differently after. She herself says JFK orginally considered her and her clothes a huge political liability but to his credit never asked her to change.....Caroline Kennedy just released the tapes and put out a book if them....just an OT FYI
That's very old news actually. It's been known as far back as when Sarah Bradford wrote her biography on JKO. And it's also why she had to hire Oleg Cassini to be her main designer during the White House years (Cassini was also hired because the clothing and hat unions supported JFK heartily, and it was Jackie's and Jack's way of acknowledging their support by hiring an American designer). However, when her clothing overshadowed him in Paris, Vienna and London in 1961, he didn't whine about his policies being ignored. He figured out how to use Jacqueline's style as an asset to draw attention to his goals. (Her goodwill trip to India and Pakistan, where her clothing also drew attention, was one such example.) And he was consistant in valuing it the next few years. Even in Nov. 1963, he was complimenting her on her wardrobe being as asset. He famously said "There are going to be all these rich Republican women at that lunch...Show these Texans what good taste really is." (Bradford 263)

And, yes, haute couture is expensive. JFK complained about that, but he was complaining about that before the White House years. But complaining about expense of clothing is NOT the same as whining about her style overshadowing him. Plus, Jackie did recycle her clothes during the White House years (both state gowns and casual clothing).

Furthermore, I've been reading about JKO since I was in my teens. Nothing surprises me about her. I was never just been interested in her solely for her fashion. I've read tons of stuff about her life pre, post, and during the White House years. And I'm one of the few people who actually read books edited by her prior to this year (when 2 books about her editing career have been published). Therefore, my mind remains unchanged and I stick to my points.

To get to Kate. I think the casual clothing she is wearing now reflects her lifestyle. Right now, she might be an heir to the the heir's wife, but she's living in a small town in Wales. Wearing high fashion there would be inappropriate. The low-keyness fits in. I do think though she is subtly upgrading all the same. She looks much more put together than what she did 5 years ago, and especially 8-9 years ago.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
Interesting article. I like the observation in the video that Kate most likely repeats what she wears because she loves what she bought. A very pragmatic attitude, one that I'm sure reflects a majority of how we feel when we love a particular item of clothing and want to keep wearing it.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Royal Highness

I like the post on Jaqcueline Kennedy
Fashion is often underrated and seen as shallow but nowadays the pictures and images are getting more important than information - everyone in almost every part of the world likes to look at Kate and her beautiful dresses but who really wants to know everything about her political views?While I am very interested in trying to figure out the personality and character behind the public image of famous people or royals,the general public is satisfied with commenting on her style and figure.Most people expect her to look pleasant and smile all the time and that´s it! Many self-declared intellectuals call fashion-interested folks superficial or even silly but forget to think about the importance of clothes and the underlying message they can convey-for me fashion can either be a pile of fabrics or a piece of applied arts-it´s just the way you want to look at it,you can interpret a lot & get a lot of information out of the way someone dresses-this is how a person wants to see him/herself and it can tell you a lot about the social background,true character and habits of the wearer if you are willing and able to read between lines.

->For me JK remains the best-dressed US-First lady ever,she was also extremely smart and knew how to use her influence and the attention she got,this is something that every good-looking woman can learn from her-don´t hide your beauty but use it to your advantage! I guess that Kate knows this very well and therefore she seems to be very thoughtful to decide what to wear at what occasion and she improved her style a lot over the years.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Aristocracy

Methinks selective amnesia was in the air when that "US Fashion Police" article was written. (Last time I checked, Vivienne Westwood still hails from Great Britain. Not to mention that the US Vogue praised Kate's style post-Canada tour.) However, given that the author kept making over-generalizations and rather sweeping statements, the jingoist slant doesn't surprise me.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
Very well-written article

Did you read what they wrote below her image? Here is is:
Elegance and subtlety ... Americans could learn from Kate.

...Wow,this really sums up everything that´s been discussed in the previous posts and threads concerning Kate´s style and influence on fashion
No offense,I really like the USA and the people there but a few individuals exploit their freedom of choice to wear freaky fashion for everyday that is even too funny and weird to be worn at a gay parade....!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why does the fashion world hate Kate Middleton
Why does the fashion world hate Kate Middleton? | Mail Online
Old 09-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Royal Highness

I am not a big fan of the article above,it is only trying to catch attention with an emotional headline and Kates name,but they chose very nice pictures with some of her best looks IMO.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Actually I think the article is more important for what it doesn't say. Namely if Catherine wears something thousands of other women want to wear the same thing. And that "same thing" is not new, cutting edge, or avant-garde, and it owes nothing to the Fashionista's who, until now, have decided what is and what is not "IN".

Ann Hathaway said it all:

Anne Hathaway takes inspiration from Duchess of Cambridge at One Day premiere - hellomagazine.com

Bye, bye pink hair and matching tights! Lady Gaga, take a hike. "Appropriate" is fun and back in style.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Actually I think the article is more important for what it doesn't say. Namely if Catherine wears something thousands of other women want to wear the same thing. And that "same thing" is not new, cutting edge, or avant-garde, and it owes nothing to the Fashionista's who, until now, have decided what is and what is not "IN".

Ann Hathaway said it all:

Anne Hathaway takes inspiration from Duchess of Cambridge at One Day premiere - hellomagazine.com

Bye, bye pink hair and matching tights! Lady Gaga, take a hike. "Appropriate" is fun and back in style.
That article and this quote seriously over-generalizes the fashion world. Not everybody wears shocking hair or the latest over-the-top trends. Just take a survey of Vogue editors and their personal styles: Anna Wintour, Emma Alt, Franca Sozzani. Or others from within the fashion world: Taylor Tomasi Hill, Giovanna Battalgia, Kate Moss. Lady Gaga is a pop star who has managed to worm her way into the fashion world. She is the exception, not the rule, of how people dress within it.

As someone who has followed high fashion for awhile, it amuses me to no end just how much ignorance there is written about it by people from outside from the fashion industry.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
I am not a big fan of the article above,it is only trying to catch attention with an emotional headline and Kates name,but they chose very nice pictures with some of her best looks IMO.
I think the headline was overdramatic, but I think the pictures they chose to showcase were chosen on purpose to show that there is nothing wrong with Kate's clothes or fashion. She is not high fashion chic, but she looks nice but her fashion is not a WOW.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CordeliaFitzgerald View Post
As someone who has followed high fashion for awhile, it amuses me to no end just how much ignorance there is written about it people from outside from the fashion industry.
That still does not alter the fact that a woman with little fashion knowledge and absolutely no experience is setting trends that Anna Wintour and company can only dream about and are bent out of shape that this nobody is creating fashion trends with a power that they can only dream about.

I can only imagine how p***** they are that she has the power. They don't.