The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 3: July 2011 - August 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably the most unattractive picture I have seen of William. He looks very plain and the colors do not suit him.

However, it seems apparent that Kate's nickname for him is not entirely in jest :whistling:

I think he pulls off blue quite well (I think that's the color of the sweater he's wearing). As to the nickname, I'm a bit lost, since I'm not aware of Catherine having one for her husband (not that such information should really be public knowledge, mind you).

I think he pulls off blue quite well (I think that's the color of the sweater he's wearing).

Purple. Are you color blind? (I'm not being sarcastic- I think it's fascinating how people perceive color differently and color blindness is very rare among women)

Purple. Are you color blind? (I'm not being sarcastic- I think it's fascinating how people perceive color differently and color blindness is very rare among women)

I'm not color blind, but I do have a visual impairment, so when two shades look similar (and this one to me looked something in between purple and blue), it's hard to distinguish.

Aww they look so cute, I hate loving that pic because they clearly expected to be left in private. I thought William only wore his glasses when he flew. Either way I think they both look good, and as for Wills sweater, it is a shade that is very easy to mistake for another. I think it looks: blue, purple, or gray.

Aww they look so cute, I hate loving that pic because they clearly expected to be left in private. I thought William only wore his glasses when he flew. Either way I think they both look good, and as for Wills sweater, it is a shade that is very easy to mistake for another. I think it looks: blue, purple, or gray.

Am I the only one who has never seen the prince wearing spectacles/corrective glasses before? This is earth shaking news for me that he is among those of us who are visually challenged! I imagine the correction is very light or he would not be allowed to carry out his piloting duties, but still noteworthy that he must wear contact lenses!:cool::clap::bounce::cheers:

Am I the only one who has never seen the prince wearing spectacles/corrective glasses before? This is earth shaking news for me that he is among those of us who are visually challenged! I imagine the correction is very light or he would not be allowed to carry out his piloting duties, but still noteworthy that he must wear contact lenses!:cool::clap::bounce::cheers:

this is the first i have seen him wearing glasses. i think he looks very nice with them.

Ive seen them very rarely, like once or twice; but I only discovered a few months ago that he once had braces. Ive read he doesn't like to be seen in the glasses though. Wonder when he started needing them.

It's quite amazing that Kate is criticised for wearing 'boring' clothes while doing her grocery shopping. I mean, what do you expect her to wear to the supermarket?!

'If I had that job I would only wear a dress once': Now Kelly Osbourne takes a swipe at Kate Middleton | Mail Online

Who is Kelly Osbourne? The daughter of an aging rock star and a clever business woman but unfortuantely without any talent or charisma herself, only well known for her drug and weight issues, therefore she has to blabb about other people who are talented and have charisma in order to get her five minutes of fame every once in a while.

She should keep her mouth shut, the last person to critizise Kate Middleton for her recyling is Kelly Osbourne, who lives off her wealthy parents and certainly hasnt contributed anything to receiving her designer clothes for free that look awful on her by the way.

What a ridiculous statement from Kelly Osbourne. How can ANY individual be expected to wear a dress only once? She knows absolutely nothing about fashion anyway!

The opinions of a nobody will hardly rock anyone's world. IMO

Not all monitors reveal the true color of an article of clothing, a sunset, etc. My monitor shows Kate in a kind of boysenberry color and Wills's pullover looks a light heather kind of purple.

Completely agree with Duke of Marmalade and Daisiesforever/ Ms. Osborne is the last person to be talking here.

But on the big scheme of things, no one will take her vitriolic comments all that seriously (least of all, Catherine).

I love the color of that deep purple sweater and have been looking for a cashmere sweater in something similar to that shade for some time. Seems to be Ralph Lauren Black Label. I'll have to drop into the Chicago Ralph Lauren store and see whether they have it.

I think a sweater and jeans and ballet flats are just the thing for a grocery run.

I love the color of that deep purple sweater and have been looking for a cashmere sweater in something similar to that shade for some time. Seems to be Ralph Lauren Black Label. I'll have to drop into the Chicago Ralph Lauren store and see whether they have it.

I think a sweater and jeans and ballet flats are just the thing for a grocery run.

It's available online: Slim-Fit Cable Cashmere - Cashmere   Sweaters - RalphLauren.com

The color is jewel purple.

;)

I like the hat, I also loved the red hat she wore in Canada!
Classic styles with a little twist and I think it´s nice that she adds some of her personal touch to it by adding a flower :)
I would also be happy if she was wearing some of my stuff,it´s such an honour and of course it will increase your popularity&sales figures...

It's quite amazing that Kate is criticised for wearing 'boring' clothes while doing her grocery shopping. I mean, what do you expect her to wear to the supermarket?!

Yeah, exactly! I think you are right:bang:
Should she wear a Lady Gaga-inspired bubble-dress?Guess that would be more appropriate or maybe a Jean Paul Gaultier-costume like Madonna wore in the 80ies :D
She wears nice casual clothes,she looks good in jeans and why should she always buy new clothes like Madame Orsborne says?If she was spending as much money on dresses and jewellery as Princess Diana did, she would be scrutinized by the press and her fans alike.
She is doing well with re-using her clothes but always changing them a little or wear the same dress with different accessoires.:flowers:
This is what every woman should do regardless of age or class- buy high quality clothes that fit your body,take something that will not go out of fashion the next day-monochrome colour and classic cuts are advisable and make them look new and fresh by wearing colourful, fashionable accessoires!

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:I have a cousin who has lived in Paris for 35 years. She has always dressed in the manner you describe. For day (work) she had two black dresses from current designers. She then wore them with an extensive collection of scarves, pearls, brooches and a couple of pieces of good costume jewelry that was currently in fashion. Every season, she would buy new black dresses and a cocktail dress. She does more with those two dresses than I can do with 100 pieces of clothing. When she is at home alone, she wears day dresses (model's coats). I have tried to emulate her, but it hasn't stuck.

Kate is living a country life and what she wears is what everyone else is wearing. There is no reason for her to be wearing pearls and a suit to the market!

If i'm right, this isn't the first time VW has spoken about Katiekins?

VW is NOT, IMHO one to comment about anything. It was her dreadful design that poor Eugenie wore to the wedding and it looked awful. She also designs for Helena Bonham-Carter. I adore HBC, but you have to admit that she looks very weird on occasion. Westwood is not happy that Catherine has not chosen her for a designer, IMO. She is soooo far from anything that Catherine would wear, I don't even know why she bothers. With regard to C's eye makeup, it may not be everyone's cup of tea but there are a lot of young women out there who do the same thing. It's time to give it up on the comments.

I do agree with her regarding the eye makeup it is hard looking and not the everyday look of anyone let alone DoC IMO ..give it up on the comments... well I don't know about that we may as well close this site IMO if we cannot comment freely .. and that includes old VW.

I do agree with her regarding the eye makeup it is hard looking and not the everyday look of anyone let alone DoC IMO ..give it up on the comments... well I don't know about that we may as well close this site IMO if we cannot comment freely .. and that includes old VW.

:) Far be it from me to be against freedom of speech, it is just at this point it seems like we are beating a dead horse about the eye makeup. I doubt Catherine reads here to take our fashion advice. As to Ms Westwood, certainly she can criticize the DoC but clearly what she is also doing is panning other designers like Sarah Burton, Alice Temperly, Issa etc. IMO, it makes her look like an aging designer who is not handling well the fact that there are younger designers coming along. I have to wonder why she did not come out in defense of Princess Eugenie after the monstrosity she designed for her. So you see, :lol: clearly I have no problem with freedom of speech.

i agree with VW...black eyeliner is good but it ages some people and it gives the allusion of small eyes...but the trick is not to use black eyeliner..but eyeliner that is another shade ..like navy or plum and to not outline the eye all the around but only just on the outside

I've always felt that black eyeliner, which I use, should be slightly smudged, with a touch of shadow applied over it. I use a darkish taupe shadow and just touch it over the liner. You get a softer look this way. I also prefer not to use it on the upper lid.

Otherwise, I've never cared for Westwood's clothes or her personal look. She can say what she pleases, of course, but I am unlikely to pay any attention.

Last edited:
How old is this woman? VW?
I started wearing liquid liner this year. I do navy...
LEAVE KATE'S EYES alone....

I suppose the next critique will be her nails!

Leave the lady alone..

Vittoria, I think you are right with the eye makeup! I also think that sharp black lines give a hard look and make your eyes look smaller.
I worked as a model for some time when I was younger and when I started I couldn´t afford to hire a make-up artist & as I usually don´t wear make-up, my first tries at "glamourous eyes" were just absolutely terrible, but you get better if you just practice a lot!
I know Kate´s not reading this but if you take brown mascara & eyeshadow or a colour that goes well with your eyes, it will look more natural:)
I always smudge the colours like Vittoria , I don´t want to look painted like a mask *lol*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom