The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 3: July 2011 - August 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion and Style
Part 3

The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

Has she changed again in the plane? I really don't think that is a wise choice... the dark jeans are elegant and a casula chic, love the ruffle blouse very fashion update!:flowers:

They've arrived and Kates in a bright yellow dress with small sleeves and a collar- very cute! I think LK shoes or yellow ones.....the dress is a bit young IMO but still very nice and yeah color :)

Update- per CNN/poster on WKW it's Jenny Packham....

Last edited:
Yes for Calgary, it's reported Catherine wears a primrose silk crepe dress by Jenny Packham (short sleeves and a full skirt), with LK Bennett 'Nathalie' clutch and Sledge2 pumps :eek:))

Very pretty! She looks good in yellow.

Love the yellow on her. I was watching the video and was scared to death that the skirt was going to go flying over her head it was so windy. Looks like many were right when they said that it was weighted somehow. Wonderful look though. I think I might have liked to have seen her hair back in a ponytail with this dress though, don't know why, just think that it might have been a cute look.

Jenny Packham dress
The yellow dress is not bad but not impressive or elegant as her previous ones worn.
This dress does not fit her well nor does she wear it well. The bottom part of the dress is lovely and I do like the fact she is in an actual color (yellow) which does suit her but the top part (sleeves) seems to big and the waist part ill-fitting IMO.

Last edited:
For arrival at the Calgary Stampede (riding in an old-fashioned stagecoach),
Catherine wore a Alice by Temperley shirt (with western theme-white with navy pattern an almost embroidaranglry trim on upper part- feels very femine, soft and floaty), look completed with dark blue denim jeans with dark brown belt with oversized buckle and dark brown boots and hat :eek:)

Last edited:
For arrival at the Calgary Stampede (riding in an old-fashioned stagecoach),
Catherine wore a Alice by Temperley shirt (with western theme-white with navy patern an almost embroidaranglry trim on upper part- feels very femine, soft and floaty), look completed with dark blue denim jeans with dark brown belt with oversized buckle and dark brown boots and hat :eek:)

Here are pictures
Full view ** Close up

I thought she was dressed great for the event.

I like the yellow dress just in part because it is a different colour. She should wear more yellow. Guess no one has given her the ole hem trick! She will learn maybe the hard way.

Very pretty dress but it needs a thin belt to give definition to her waist. I

I wasn't a fan of yesterday's top. From a distance it looked like she had Mickey Mouse head's scattered across the shirt. Today's is plain, but I like it. It works with the hat and her hair down.

EDT: After a little looking around, it appears today's blouse is another Alice Temperley.

Last edited:
Yea 'whatkatewore' is reporting it is a 'silk/cotton Rodeo shirt by Temperley London'. Very fitting Temperley name for the shirt (Rodeo). Its oh so soft white and very delicate and femine and again, complete with jeans and hat!!

Last edited:
I don't like the yellow dress it's too childish and frankly IMO she looks ridiculous I am really surprised that no one thought to "weigh" down the heam on this fabric either, it is like the Stella McCartney too shiny and too babyish for her figure ..or lack of. IMO

According to one of the royal photographers, the dress seemed to be weighed down. He said that the wind was just incredibly strong. I watched the arrival and I do believe she had some type of weight in the hem. Otherwise (with that wind), the dress would have been over her head.

Wardrobe change already :eek:)) The Daily Telegraph reports Catherine is now wearing a 'satin and wool scarlett coat-dress by Catherine Walker' and the Queens brooch from Canada day!!

I think Catherine looked great in her cowboy attire, it totally works for her; but she shouldn't do it again. Because cowboy attire by law is uncool no matter what.

Hmm. The yellow dress is a very pretty color, that pale butter shade, but the design is quite little-girlish. I wouldn't be caught dead in it.

And perhaps it's meant to hang a bit loosely, but it just didn't seem to fit well on the Duchess.

Hmm. The yellow dress is a very pretty color, that pale butter shade, but the design is quite little-girlish. I wouldn't be caught dead in it.

And perhaps it's meant to hang a bit loosely, but it just didn't seem to fit well on the Duchess.

I think it was meant to hang loosely. But I wanted her to grab a skinny belt just to give it more proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom