The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 3: July 2011 - August 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dazzling, apparently she had it specially tailored to fit. I thought it looked fine.

Last edited:
dazzling, apparently she had it specially tailored to fit. I thought it looked fine.

If she had it tailored to fit I don't see how they did a good job, the sleeves were simply baggy compared how the dress was fitted. I personally didn't think it looked good.

I loved Kate's classical outfit. A pale, yet simple ivory/cream shade which seems to work well with Kate's dark hair. I think the slightly baggy sleeves were part of the look and I did not find them offensive at all. HM looked lovely as always. Wonderful to see the two of them in public together.

Last edited:
I thought it looked ill-fitting too and only stressed how thin Kate has become. Agree on the need to a colourful accessory to break the boredom.
But I guess this boredom is on purpose, it makes Kate so popular with the BRF.

She really needs to lose the cross-over dresses with the deep V necks. They just emphasise how much weight she has lost and how thin she is. Her hair looks almost too heavy for her small frame.

Last edited:
So funny how differently people can view things. I thought the outfit was perfectly fine. Nothing super special but it was a private event so I wouldn't expect it to be. Kate has always been thin. Honestly the talk about her weight and how thin she looks is getting annoying. I guess I'm sensitive about that because of how much i was teased about it as a kid. Even if people didnt or dont mean it in a bad way, it is really hurts and is frustrating especially when its just speculation or rumors. I can't tell you how many times I had to deal with people. Funny enough usually they were not all that small themselves which annoyed the heck out of me.

We are really not supposed to talk about weight issues here.

What Kate Wore
love the dress its so simple and classic cut and design also i love the shoes..u know she has such a small frame that imo she could wear anything and it would look good on her...imo

If she had it tailored to fit I don't see how they did a good job, the sleeves were simply baggy compared how the dress was fitted. I personally didn't think it looked good.

Is it not possible that the dress was designed with sleeves which give the wearer a bit of room? They're not skin tight but I wouldn't say they're anywhere near 'baggy'.

Last edited:
Yes, EIIR. If you look closely, you'll see that the sleeves were designed to be somewhat loose. Look at the pleating effect on the shoulders. It's hard to see in the pictures, but it's there.

The dress is very simple, elegant and suitable for the ocassion, sometimes simplicity and neutral colours are the best choice...

The green DVF dress is nice but nothing great. I wish she'd have spiced it up a little, maybe tomorrow.

I'm still not liking the green DVF dress (thought maybe after a second or third look it'd grow on me). It reminds me of a rather long sweater.

The talk about Kate's weight is annoying to ms as well. I don't know how long it's going to take for people to just get over it.
Looks like Kate's hair is growing a little bit.

I loved the colour of Catherine's dress at the event. It was perfect with her dark hair, and her shoes were beautiful.

I was not a big fan of the green dress (Diane Von Furstenburg I believe). She just recently wore this dress...she should've given it a bit more time before she wore it again.

A very expensive bight green sack! I loathed it the first time she wore it.

Looks like Kate's hair is growing a little bit.

She has quite a mane! I have read that her hair is naturally curly. Incredible transformation.

Gorgeous hair!

I love this dress on her. I'm going to guess that her next outfit will also be a recently worn dress. She's very considerate and a repeat outfit is the only way to avoid excessive attention to her clothes and away from the bride.

CrownPrincess5 said:
I was not a big fan of the green dress (Diane Von Furstenburg I believe). She just recently wore this dress...she should've given it a bit more time before she wore it again.

I think it was deliberate- she wore it so recently that it won't generate much press coverage. I think she's actively trying to not outshine Zara, which is commendable.

I admire her for not outshining the bride, but I dislike the green dress..

I really like the color of the DVF dress.

Is this dress considered "High Fashion"? I think Catherine looks good in it, I just don't see what's so special about it.

God, I was hoping for a little more pizzazz at Zara's wedding reception but all we got is the usual bore :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

God, I was hoping for a little more pizzazz at Zara's wedding reception but all we got is the usual bore :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Are you able to tell the future? Zara's wedding reception hasn't yet occurred.

The DVF dress has grown on me. At first the color wasn't attractive to me, but I do like the cut and the bright pop of color...

I just wish she'd shake things up a little bit more. The color is nice. But I'm tired of the same style dresses and the hair. And while I think it's sweet of Kate to try and not upstage anyone (if that's indeed what she's doing), I think it's time she comes to the realization that she's the shiny new toy in the British Royal family, and the press have spent 8 years having to keep some kind of distance, she is now "free game" and it doesn't matter what she does, the press is going to take notice and report on her.

No, Royal Newbie, Diane von Furstenberg isn't "high fashion". If she were, I wouldn't be able to afford her. The Duchess doesn't wear a lot of high fashion clothes, though she's worn some.

I like the color of this dress, and I like the design of the back, but as I said when she wore it in L.A., the front just doesn't excite me. I find it boring.

I do think it might be nice if she recycled something for the wedding and reception. The paparazzi will be out in force to see what she'll wear, and the attention really should be on the bride.

I think what she wore to the wedding was boring and more suited for an older lady such as HM, but having said that, I'm glad because it keeps the focus on the bride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom