The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I really like the white & blue crochet outfit. Its very summery, its pretty (the navy crochet against the pleated white) and its very her age and appropriate for a daytime event. I dont understand the clutch which didnt do anything to the look. The hair in a half bun, Seriously?! Is that meant to look pretty or good in anyway because it doesn't, it looks like that her hairdresser ran out of time to put the rest of the hair up or he was undecided on what to do.

According to whatkatewore - the outfit is a skirt and crochet top from Whistles

Old 07-11-2011, 03:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I think the outfit looks very nice and I like the hair, its out of the face! Many people complain about Victoria's ponytail but I still prefer it to CPs like Mary, Letizia who usually wear hair down and spend their time touching it during the event.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I think the outfit looks very nice and I like the hair, its out of the face! Many people complain about Victoria's ponytail but I still prefer it to CPs like Mary, Letizia who usually wear hair down and spend their time touching it during the event.
But Kates open hair is becoming just as boring as Victorias ponytails, its the fact that its always styled the same which makes it boring.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I am the first one to agree that its boring, but I still prefer boring to constant hair-touching what I find almost rude during an event.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Well I little bit dhorter would be nice, but has long has it is groom and healthy I think it's O.K!
I love the long dress...she looks really like an actress on it!!
Old 07-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Kate pitched her daytime style just right. There was nothing flamboyant which meant the various engagements were treated as "official" visits, formal attire which did seem stuffy or too out of place given the variety of engagements. She also seemed comfortable in her clothes & they didn't "wear" her. Yes there was a lot of navy, but it does suit her & there were some lovely bright colours too.
Only the limited choice of jewellery disappointed imo, but that's for another thread.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gudgeon View Post
Arriving at the polo match. Love the shoes...hate the dress. I'm glad she went with something patterned but I don't like the pattern. It looks like some old curtains or something. And I would have liked to see a belt. What has she got against belts? I think several of her dresses would have looked more finished with a belt. PW looks great!
Polo- dislike the dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
Love this outfit!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
But Kates open hair is becoming just as boring as Victorias ponytails, its the fact that its always styled the same which makes it boring.
I think you're totally right.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness

But the hairstyle is familiar to her, requires no special care, and covers her neck, which I believe she is bound and determined to do (as many of us are). The hairstyle makes her instantly recognizable as Princess Kate (as the LA news media have been calling her). It's hard for me to imagine her in an updo, but I think it would give an entirely different balance to her facial features. She knows what works for style - and she sticks with it.

I can definitely understand that.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

The woman is on a work assignment. Clothes can have an impact, but it's what she says and does is much more important.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
The woman is on a work assignment. Clothes can have an impact, but it's what she says and does is much more important.
I do agree with you but unfortunately they have not been doing much serious work which would allow more ideas in that area..unless you count the recent tour. Even then I need more to go off of.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Aristocracy

going out on a limb here, isnt this the forum to discuss her clothes? isnt there another forum to discuss the purpose behind the trip? if you dont want to discuss her clothes then why are you on this forum?
Old 07-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Nobility

A fantastic photo retrospective of everything Kate wore in Canada and Los Angeles. Kate Middleton's Canada & California Tour Fashion Recap (PHOTOS, POLL)
Old 07-12-2011, 03:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Another overview with big pics of all outfits from Dailymail
Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton: The wardrobe she wore to wow the world | Mail Online
Old 07-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Majesty

Spletnik -Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, -- The ensembles worn during the North-American tour and poll
Old 07-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Bit it's not always styled the same. Kate wore her hair in several difference styles over the course of the tour. If she hadn't done so I could understand your saying so but it's just not true to say that it's always kept the same way.

It's obvious she prefers to wear her hair down and given that it looks so amazing and is what she's become known for, I don't understand the problem
Old 07-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Aristocracy

I rather like the last black ' white outfit.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

This will probably be my last visit to this thread for a while. Her clothes are meh and in the hair department, she's already wedged in there with the other royal ladies who never change their hairstyle.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
This will probably be my last visit to this thread for a while. Her clothes are meh and in the hair department, she's already wedged in there with the other royal ladies who never change their hairstyle.
How true, and those ladies are already 60 years +
It's a bit early for Kate, really.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Serene Highness

I agree that, looking at her style as a whole, it could be made more interesting. But, I think she's very cautious not to upstage her husband with fashion. His choices are much more limited, and she wants him to shine through. She also doesn't want to look like a piece of bling accompany HRH everywhere - she wants to look responsible, and if she errs in the direction of being staid, I can't blame her - I know many young women who do the same thing.

Launching oneself in a serious role requires serious clothing, but I hope Kate livens up her wardrobe with a bit more color in the future - I think she will.

Closed Thread