The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gudgeon
Arriving at the polo match. Love the shoes...hate the dress.
I saw this dress live (on TV) and honestly it's not attractive IMO, love the shoes. Not her best but certainly not her worst either....

Old 07-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I actually really like this dress. I've been hoping to see her in more patterns and this one looks lovely on her.

As for her hair, I don't mind it being down. I use to want her to wear it up more often, but I realize that's not going to happen. She is just more comfortable with it down.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gudgeon View Post

My problem with the hair is that it is always in her face. If she were just a normal person, sure, wear your hair down everyday, who cares. But as a person with such a public role, I think it's inappropriate to be constantly playing with (or fixing) your hair or attire. It's like when someone wears a strapless dress but spends the entire night pulling it up...just wear something different!
I think 'always in her face' is a pretty gross overstatement. I've just watched her walk the length of the (considerable) red carpet at the polo club, which is outdoors, and not once did her hands go anywhere near her face. On a couple of occasions during this tour the wind has been exceptionally strong - evidenced by the fact that the weighted down skirt of Kate's dress still managed to fly up.

I'm sorry but I just don't see that infrequently checking you hair is a social faux pas. Anyone who's watched Charles at all with have seen him checking to ensure that his comb over has stayed in place and he certainly doesn't have long and lustrous hair!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I saw this dress live (on TV) and honestly it's not attractive IMO, love the shoes. Not her best but certainly not her worst either....
'
Can't say how it looked on TV, but it looks great online. This is a pretty dress and she looks very nice in it.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Aristocracy

I loved the pale lavender-gray Roksanda Illincic dress, somewhat to my surprise, since I am not a ruffles person. But the unusual asymmetric cut on the top and the slim skirt delighted me. A beautiful, elegant design.

The Diane von Furstenberg dress made me shrug. Nice almond-green color, rather interesting at back, but basically boring. I'm normally a great DvF fan -- I own three of her dresses -- but this one didn't excite me.

I'm also not excited by florals. I liked the sandals, but the Packham dress for the polo event left me cold, both on the basis of the floral fabric and the overall cut, which is really nothing to write home about.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Royal Highness

I just realize at polo Kate's wearing open toed shoes. Not big but a open peep toe nonetheless so much for it's against Royal protocol to wear open toed shoes :)
Old 07-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

After all the cream's & navy's she's worn in Canada, the print is a nice change. Great shoes too!
Old 07-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gudgeon View Post
Arriving at the polo match. Love the shoes...hate the dress. I'm glad she went with something patterned but I don't like the pattern. It looks like some old curtains or something. And I would have liked to see a belt. What has she got against belts? I think several of her dresses would have looked more finished with a belt. PW looks great!

My problem with the hair is that it is always in her face. If she were just a normal person, sure, wear your hair down everyday, who cares. But as a person with such a public role, I think it's inappropriate to be constantly playing with (or fixing) your hair or attire. It's like when someone wears a strapless dress but spends the entire night pulling it up...just wear something different!

My preference for her hair is half up, half down. That way it's out of her face and people can see her (and she's not constantly messing with it), but it's also long and flowy and can still be her "trademark." Just my opinion...
Agreed. She does have a problem with running her fingers through her hair even if it is just the front part. That and she paid a hairdresser to travel with her and yet we have yet to see very much variety. She is becoming a head of hair and you don't want that.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I just realize at polo Kate's wearing open toed shoes. Not big but a open peep toe nonetheless so much for it's against Royal protocol to wear open toed shoes :)
Honestly, I don't know where that came from. The Queen, the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret have always worn open toed shoes.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

The shoes are really nice. I'd love to add those to my collection! The dress isn't bad, but there's something that I don't care for around the waist. Now, one to her hair, she has gorgeous hair, but I have to agree that she does have her hands in it quite often. And she has such a lovely face that she should wear it pulled back more. Variety is the spice of life, so live it up and pull the hair back Duchess!
Old 07-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Courtier

Finally some "courageous" colour. Love the dress. Looks fantastic on her.

MYROYALS: W
Old 07-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I think Catherine looked great in her cowboy attire, it totally works for her; but she shouldn't do it again. Because cowboy attire by law is uncool no matter what.
The clothes she and William (and other people at the event) is generally called Western clothes, not cowboy clothes. In many parts of the US and Canada western clothes are very common and have a long tradition behind them. So depending where you are the western clothes could be what would be considered very "cool".
Old 07-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do agree, grevinnan, depending on where you are in the world, western style clothing is the norm. She looked good in the clothes and I would think that she could rework the white shirt into her wardrobe rather easily with a great skirt & jacket. The printed shirt will be harder, but I'm sure that she could wear it when they are out stalking or something.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenei View Post
The brooch/cufflinks have a bear in them because the Polar Bear is a symbol of the North West Territories and a pretty star arrangement is not?
Aren't the Northern Lights supposed to be such a symbol?

They could have used colored diamonds or perhaps opals to display them; it would have been exquisite! (Instead she has polar bears which she will probably never wear; it's such a waste!)
Old 07-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The printed dress is boring, the print reminds me of something you would have on a night gown from La Perla. The overall color is dull and does nothing to Kate. The string/waist tie on the waist is suppose to be fitted I assume but it doesn't seem like it. Kate should've worn a nice belt to brighten the look up.

Im really liking her Sandal heels, very pretty and nice to see she went for something fun then those classic pumps she has been wearing lately.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

I just I am bored about her hair, always the same style! she has such a beacutiful hair! she needs Mary's stylist , Soren! so she can have every event soemthing different!
Old 07-10-2011, 01:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe she is just classical and traditional and does not to look very differently each time
Old 07-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I just I am bored about her hair, always the same style! she has such a beacutiful hair! she needs Mary's stylist , Soren! so she can have every event soemthing different!
I think the same; Id like see her with a nice hairdo.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree boring outfit it's says nothing but the shoes are nice and just her hair what can I say ...boring.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Commoner

For the final day on tour, 'WhatKateWore' on twitter reports Catherine wears a 'black crocheted knit v-neck sweater over a floaty white/cream skirt'. Which is possibly the 'Reiss Peacock Skirt' (which is from Derby Day I think)!