The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 3: July 2011 - August 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They both look well groomed and nice. If they were dressed down some would say how disrespectful they were.

They both look well groomed and nice. If they were dressed down some would say how disrespectful they were.

Dressing down is not an option unless they are going to help clean up in a situation such as this. Dressing up has nothing to do with an 800.00 blouse.

You can never satisfy the public. Catherine and William looked
absolutley appropriate for the ocassion.

As the Queen Mother said at one time, that she dressed as a Queen
for the public, for that is what they expect. She was dressed to the
nines when she tour war torn Britain.

I know I'm way in the minority but I really like this outfit. It's very striking but not fussy, & I love the sleeves on the blouse. I just saw the tv footage and the skirt with it's front slits moves beautifully as she walks. The folks who were meeting the Royal Couple would have likely wanted to seen Catherine wearing something " nice" - she didn't go over the top in my opinion- it is the type of outfit she would regularly wear & I think she will wear it on several occasions perhaps mixing & matching.

You can never satisfy the public. Catherine and William looked
absolutley appropriate for the ocassion.

As the Queen Mother said at one time, that she dressed as a Queen
for the public, for that is what they expect. She was dressed to the
nines when she tour war torn Britain.

That was a Queen talking, not the wife of an army officer.

I'm not a fan of this outfit, just because, as was mentioned above, it does look a little 80s. Not a fan of the hardware or the horizontal stripes, either.
I think Kate was trying to strike a balance between serious and not-glum, but she missed the mark. Her wardrobe has a lot of items that she could have chosen that would have worked better for this occasion -- I'm thinking of the grey dress she wore in Canada, maybe accessorized a little bit.

http://www.harpersbazaar.co.uk/cm/h...y-suit-dress-kate-middleton-usa-cut-image.jpg

Scarebaby, gird your loins, as the 80s are on their way back in.

I'm totally in love with the outfit and she is so pretty. :wub:

I do however, have to agree that a bit more casual dress would have been more appropriate at least in my humble opinion anyway.

The skirt is beautiful, looks very elegant. Dont like the blouse very much.
Altogether she looks fine.

Funny how a few months changes things. I recall almost everyone having high hopes that Catherine would wear Alexander McQueen/Sarah Burton. She's done it and now is being criticized .... especially with comments about the skirt and blouse not looking good together when clearly they were designed to do so. I guess Sarah Burton "just got no taste". Haha

Again, a situation of no win for Catherine. <shrug>
Oh, I didn't know the skirt and blouse were designed to be worn together.

It's true though. It is a no win situation for her. She won't be able to please everyone. The best thing she can do is wear what she likes (keeping in mind that it's appropriate).

Last edited:

Time to close this thread - thanks for all your contributions!
The new thread can be found here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom