The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 10:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Looks like Kate's hair is growing a little bit.
She has quite a mane! I have read that her hair is naturally curly. Incredible transformation.

Gorgeous hair!

I love this dress on her. I'm going to guess that her next outfit will also be a recently worn dress. She's very considerate and a repeat outfit is the only way to avoid excessive attention to her clothes and away from the bride.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5
I was not a big fan of the green dress (Diane Von Furstenburg I believe). She just recently wore this dress...she should've given it a bit more time before she wore it again.
I think it was deliberate- she wore it so recently that it won't generate much press coverage. I think she's actively trying to not outshine Zara, which is commendable.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:21 AM
Heir Apparent

I admire her for not outshining the bride, but I dislike the green dress..
Old 07-30-2011, 01:26 AM
Aristocracy

I really like the color of the DVF dress.

Is this dress considered "High Fashion"? I think Catherine looks good in it, I just don't see what's so special about it.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:12 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

God, I was hoping for a little more pizzazz at Zara's wedding reception but all we got is the usual bore
Old 07-30-2011, 07:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
God, I was hoping for a little more pizzazz at Zara's wedding reception but all we got is the usual bore
Are you able to tell the future? Zara's wedding reception hasn't yet occurred.

The DVF dress has grown on me. At first the color wasn't attractive to me, but I do like the cut and the bright pop of color...

I just wish she'd shake things up a little bit more. The color is nice. But I'm tired of the same style dresses and the hair. And while I think it's sweet of Kate to try and not upstage anyone (if that's indeed what she's doing), I think it's time she comes to the realization that she's the shiny new toy in the British Royal family, and the press have spent 8 years having to keep some kind of distance, she is now "free game" and it doesn't matter what she does, the press is going to take notice and report on her.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:04 AM
Aristocracy

I like the dress...but I don't think it fits her well.

MM
Old 07-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
It was the pre-wedding party, not that it would make a difference.
Zara Phillips royal wedding: Kate Middleton recycles Diane Von Furstenberg dress | Mail Online
Old 07-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Aristocracy

No, Royal Newbie, Diane von Furstenberg isn't "high fashion". If she were, I wouldn't be able to afford her. The Duchess doesn't wear a lot of high fashion clothes, though she's worn some.

I like the color of this dress, and I like the design of the back, but as I said when she wore it in L.A., the front just doesn't excite me. I find it boring.

I do think it might be nice if she recycled something for the wedding and reception. The paparazzi will be out in force to see what she'll wear, and the attention really should be on the bride.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Serene Highness

I think what she wore to the wedding was boring and more suited for an older lady such as HM, but having said that, I'm glad because it keeps the focus on the bride.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Aristocracy

I haven't seen a good picture of the wedding outfit yet, just a view of the back, really, and not even a full-length one of that.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I admire her for not outshining the bride, but I dislike the green dress..
I think in this case the sentiment is a lot more appreciated than the choice of attire. Just like you though, I'm not a fan of the dress, but the sentiment behind it speaks volumes about Catherine's desire to simply blend in (though the press makes sure it doesn't happen by putting her name in any and every headline).

On a brighter note, I love the look she chose for Zara's wedding. It's simply 'Catherine'; simple, elegant, and classy. Oh, and I love the hat too (which is a shocker, since I'm not a hat person in general).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittoria
I haven't seen a good picture of the wedding outfit yet, just a view of the back, really, and not even a full-length one of that.
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...-Entertainment

Here's a good shot- seems to be same thing she wore the Laura Parker Bowles weddding (I think)
Old 07-30-2011, 11:33 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Here's a good shot- seems to be same thing she wore the Laura Parker Bowles weddding (I think)
Agree totally that its the coat (and probably the lace dress) from the Parker Bowles Wedding - this time with a gorge new massive hat and her L K Bennett shoes

Old 07-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate's outfit was classic and appropriate,but obviously it was better to wear it in spring or autumn times ,it was too heavy and pale for the summer wedding
Old 07-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post

The DVF dress has grown on me. At first the color wasn't attractive to me, but I do like the cut and the bright pop of color...

I just wish she'd shake things up a little bit more. The color is nice. But I'm tired of the same style dresses and the hair. And while I think it's sweet of Kate to try and not upstage anyone (if that's indeed what she's doing), I think it's time she comes to the realization that she's the shiny new toy in the British Royal family, and the press have spent 8 years having to keep some kind of distance, she is now "free game" and it doesn't matter what she does, the press is going to take notice and report on her.
That may be, but it doesn't mean that she has to play along - we have all seen what occurs when that happens.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:45 AM
Aristocracy

Pale is fine for a summer wedding, but I agree that the long-sleeved coat-dress style might not have been entirely suitable.

Yes, I think it's possible that this is the coat-dress she wore to the Parker Bowles wedding. It must have needed a lot of tailoring to fit.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Courtier

What is the temperature in Edinburgh? When I was there during August one year I just about froze. I don't think it looks any heavier than Camilla's or the Countess of Wessex. Though not a hat fan I think this is terrific and looks lovely on Catherine.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

Since I have seen the coat before and can get very excited for it. But at least she chose a stylist and elegant chapeau. love it!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Aristocracy

I do like the hat. She has a knack for choosing good hats.

I've no idea what the temperature is in Edinburgh right now, but I noted that a number of the female guests were in sleeveless outfits. At least one was wearing a strapless dress.