The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 26: May 2019 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Erdem dress, but then I just like Erdem most of the time.

Part of me likes this look because it's exactly how I looked in the 1970s. :lol:

Not sure about it for 2019 though. It was a young, fresh look in the 70s but it looks quite frumpy now. :ermm:

I was thinking the same thing! I have been loving the 70s look that is popping up again and liked this style of dress back then. But not now! This looks like a nightgown.

The Duchess has very good taste and the trouble with this dress may be the huge flounce at the skirt's hem and maybe the yoke on the Duchess's wide shoulders. That skirt flounce just kills the dress the fabric of which is beautiful. About the fabric, however, the colours may not suit the Duchess who may have a warm colouring with her green eyes. Finally, I have looked at the Net-a-Porter website and I suppose it's difficult to dress for that job.

This is a flashback to the 1970's, except made up in someone's drawing room curtains. I will be thrilled when the Granny-dress trend is dead and gone and CP Victoria, Catherine, and Mette Marit can all move on. On the plus side, I'm sure that these dresses are very comfy to wear.

The shoes make total sense in style, but that is the wrong color for that dress--although I'm not honestly sure anything could have helped that dress.

The hair is gorgeous.

One of the worst dresses I have seen on her. Reminds me of the lance of Austria nightgown. Does nothing for her but accentuate her thinness

The casual look. I like the combo of the white blouse with the brown pants. But, the pants are not very flaterring on her. They make it look as if she has no waistline. But, I still like the overall look. Always like her casual/outdoors looks.

Erdem is one of those fashion brands that you love or hate it. I think I'm the latter, though I must confess that I liked this dress on Catherine. It's far better than that horrid custard dress she wore before. Still, I'm not fond of matronly dresses, but I think the color from this dress made it look lighter too me.

Last edited:
The last time the "granny" dress was in style I was in elementary school. I thought they looked silly. This latest rendition is hideous and does nothing for Kate. I am going to bed - someone please wake me when this trend has died yet again.

The Duchess of Cambridge in casual clothes and a nice print dress at her garden at the Royal Horticultural Society's Chelsea Flower Show:

** Look 1 ** Look 2 ** Look 3 ** Look 3 ** & Other Stories Dress **

I dislike the print dress but I like the other outfits. She looks great in all of the rest.

The Duchess of Cambridge at the Chelsea Flower Show this morning;
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/20/09/13709982-7048799-image-a-25_1558340546180.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/20/09/13710054-7048799-image-m-24_1558340539620.jpg

Catherine is wearing teaming a pair of tan culottes by Massimo Dutti with a lace shirt by M.i.h Jeans.

The blouse is very beautiful but I dislike the pants.

I dislike the dress. I don't like the print or the style. Overall, I find it too much.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 26: May 2019 -

I like her casual outfits. She looks great.

I’m undecided about the floral dress. I don’t hate it, but it’s not a favorite. The floral pattern was pretty, but I don’t care for the style. I love wedges, but I think a different color would have looked better. Her hair was stunning though. I loved the braided half up do.

It's like Little House on the Prairie attempted to go modern..and it, IMO, does not work. The bolded stitching doesn't help things.

LaRae

It's like Little House on the Prairie attempted to go modern..and it, IMO, does not work. The bolded stitching doesn't help things.

LaRae

Agreed. The bolded stitching didn’t help.

It could have been very pretty imo with a few tweaks style wise.

Agreed. The bolded stitching didn’t help.

It could have been very pretty imo with a few tweaks style wise.

Yep it could of be very cute (I like the print) if they modified the bodice/sleeve, did away with the bold stitching and perhaps shortened it a bit. Might not need to shorten after the other changes were made.

LaRae

So much better today!

LaRae

:previous:Yes, Kate usually looks her best in Alexander McQueen and Jenny Packham clothing.

That pale pink is charming for this time of year, and I love the fascinator.

I liked the pink look on the duchess today perfect for a garden party.

If ever a coat was screaming for a brooch, it is this one. It would take it from totally boring to at least interesting.

I usually love the Alexander McQueen coat dresses, but this one is not a favorite. The combination of flaps and a double row of buttons seems a little fussy to me, but the color, surprisingly enough, is really lovely on her, and I like the hat and earrings. I always enjoy seeing what the royal ladies wear to the garden parties.

The Duchess has found this style suits her and I enjoy seeing the variations and different colours that she has chosen in this style. It works for her on these official events. It could become boring yes. However, take each outfit on its own merit and it works.

The Duchess has found this style suits her and I enjoy seeing the variations and different colours that she has chosen in this style. It works for her on these official events. It could become boring yes. However, take each outfit on its own merit and it works.

Yes, I agree. The Duchess has found the style that is perfect for her slim shape and quite classic. She wears to events that are usually only part of official Royal firm calendar. Off times she varies. I like this because, like the actual queen, she always look neat and pulled together. Yes, if older a nice pin would have been lovely but almost all her age never wears pins on clothes. On hats or handbags, yes. Most consider pins on shoulder or lapels as old fashion as home land line phones with dials. Shame.

Another coat dress, another one which looks exactly like a few others :sad:

It was too structured for a garden party. She has a few lovely pink dresses, if she wanted to wear pink, much better suited without another new coat. Her almost identical Emilia Wickstead pink dresses would have looked nice. Or if not pink, one of her multiple other coat dresses. If she wants coat dresses to be her uniform, she could just recycle the dozen or so she has more often.

The color is at least nice.

What a gorgeous colour on the duchess today and a very elegant hat too.

What a lovely colour, that hat is divine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom