The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 25: January 2019 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 25 of the thread for the Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 24: October 2018 - January 2019 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I love this. Was hoping she’d bring it back for today’s visit.

The collar looks strange to me...? But of course the photo doesn't show it well. Love the color though.

I have always and will always love this coat dress. Bonus points for the green bag. :flowers:

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 25: January 2019 -

I love this dress. Glad to see it again.

The green bag is nice too.

What better dress coat to recycle in a Scottish city than this one? She looks great.

I love it!! Perfect for a day in Scotland!!

I've always loved this one. And what better place to roll it back out than Scotland? I'm not a huge fan of the bag, though.

Perfect choice for the visit,the duchess is on a roll lately with her wardrobe choices.

It's always good to see this outfit on Catherine. Glad to see it again.

I love this coat dress & she looks lovely in it. The fitted top/full skirt style suits her so well with her slim frame & height.

LOVE this look on her....great choice!

Ok and who else wants her new bag?

LaRae

Last edited:
It works very well for her.

I just realized how Catherine could easily become the new Anne in terms of recycling clothes as most of what she is wearing now could also -without anyone being surprised- be worn by those in their fifties or sixties.

Yes it has a collar. Its oddly placed, think be better without.

I love the tartan pattern of this look. Nice change from her usual style. Ok her usual style but with a spin not just a color.

Is that a collar? It doesn't look like it sits on top of the coat, but actually within it. Maybe it's just my eyes.

Fake collar I guess? It has a collar shape neckline but doesn't really have a collar (or depend on how we define collar).

I just realized how Catherine could easily become the new Anne in terms of recycling clothes as most of what she is wearing now could also -without anyone being surprised- be worn by those in their fifties or sixties.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Anne is where she is drawing her inspiration from. That is a far smarter tactic for the long run, imo- I mean it has also served the queen quite well too :-D

Whilst Catherine has reused some of her clothes a few times, and this is something I really appreciate, I think she can do far more in this regard. There are an awful lot of her clothes that have only been once or twice in public, and I think she can really set a good example to an awful lot of younger people that clothes do not have to be "disposable" and that they can be used for a long time.

:previous:I’m sure she will. The fact that Catherine tends to wear classic styles makes much of her clothing not look dated. But she hasn’t been a full time working Royal that long. She’s not even been a member of the Royal Family for 8 years yet. And has spent a number of months pregnant.

Anne and the Queen have been doing this for a very long time and both have amassed a large wardrobe. And while most of Anne’s repeats from years ago have held up, some have not.

I love the dress. Very beautiful and elegant.

I love it, too.

OT, but William looks quite elegant himself here. It’s a shame he didn’t inherit his father’s taste for well made clothes because he’s got a great bearing and physique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom