The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 25: January 2019 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and the double breasted jacket would look fabulous with a pencil skirt or slim pants.

As for the blazer, I actually would prefer to see it as a dressed down, jeans/black jeans look, which isn't something we'd likely get to see as none of the public events call for it.

It's a look that's often done quite successfully by Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and one I'm sure that Catherine would look equally well in.
Regarding the eventual standom critique about Catherine wearing a foreign brand the big thing, that's already made some waves on Twitter, is why she chose to wear clothes from a problematic brand like Dolce & Gabanna that's been in the news several times during the last few years after the owner's homophobic and racist outbursts.

Nice Italian brands. Even the older style.

I like the pieces. The fringe trim reminds me of my favorite blazer. Actually so does the material. :flowers:

But I don't like them together. Its too much of a good thing. Matchy matchy can work depending on color/style. Here with the print/material doesn't work. Too busy for my taste.

The dress would look great with a simple outer wear coat over it. And the blazer with a great pair of jeans and top ala Victoria or Mary.

Love the red coat, she looks great on it. I love the boots but I'm not sure if they go well with the coat, since the coat is more formal and the boots more outdoor-ish.

The casual outfit at the stadium was relaxed. I think I've seen that blouse before, but it looks large on her, maybe she lost to much weight? And I hate that ponytail. Well, I bet she had the hair loose, but tied it up in the last minute to play some soccer. But it doesn't look great.

Great color and coat. I’m not too sure about the shortie boot. BTW, it looks her tights are bunched-up around her knees [emoji849]

Great color and coat. I’m not too sure about the shortie boot. BTW, it looks her tights are bunched-up around her knees [emoji849]

That's because they are not tights--she's wearing black jeans under the red coat.

I'm guessing that there was no time to change between the engagements today, so she had to wear a casual outfit under her dress coat.

It amazes me how her jeans can be so tight in the groin/hip region (note the whiskering) and yet still bunch at the knees.

However, that could just be the style of skinny jeans. I don't wear them, so I'm not sure how they're supposed to look when they fit well.

Yet another full skirted coat which doesn't do much for her and truly hideous boots. Vulgar jeans that have no place on an official engagement. Nice sweater and jacket. In other words, typical Kate.

Love the coat, really bold colour and I ADORE those boots.

I don't particularly like the casual outfit, the "polo" v-neck is too big and the outfit just doesn't look right. It's very warm today so both outfits are a little odd considering the weather.

I also like the entire outfit. I like the red coat with the black leggings (that's what they look like to me) with the black boots. Looks comfortable to get around in too.

The red coat is gorgeous and a lovely colour but the boots are awful uncomfortable looking.

I also like the entire outfit. I like the red coat with the black leggings (that's what they look like to me) with the black boots. Looks comfortable to get around in too.

Me too! :flowers:
She looks great in pink and red tones.

The coat is beautiful, both color and cut. I don't like the boot with it, but understand why she chose to wear them. I don't really like the casual outfit, although I suppose it serves its purpose. What I don't understand is why her default trouser mode is always the super skinny jeans, when a pair of well cut trousers would nicely bridge the gap between more and less formal occasions. She looks great in the super-skinny jeans, but she looks even better in tailored trousers, and they would be more appropriate for engagements.

That's because they are not tights--she's wearing black jeans under the red coat.

I'm guessing that there was no time to change between the engagements today, so she had to wear a casual outfit under her dress coat.

Thank you so much for explaining that. I was staring at it thinking it might be the shaft the boot. Then I thought possibly leggings. I love all her looks so much. I know not everyone like the boots or the skinny jeans, but they are right down my alley. I looked for the boots on LK Bennett and they are sold out...not that I could afford them anyway. Does anyone know if there is a less expensive replica of those boots?

Last edited:

Yes, I agree and very age appropriate plus I think her casual outfit later playing with children was charming. Love the slim jeans [and with those legs, good for her] as I actually hate baggy men's trousers on the young and slim. She just seems to have a lot of fun with children and her smile is so authentic and not fake or forced. Enjoy watching her with them.

Good to see the red coat out again. It has been used previously in Canada and France.

Am quite ambivalent about the boots, but they are certainly a "younger" look than the classics she usually wears.

The casual outfit, she wears a coat over earlier in the day, and I much prefer that to the loose baggy sweater. But I do feel like we've seen this sweater before, and I just can't place it...

Love the red coat, she looks great on it. I love the boots but I'm not sure if they go well with the coat, since the coat is more formal and the boots more outdoor-ish.

The casual outfit at the stadium was relaxed. I think I've seen that blouse before, but it looks large on her, maybe she lost to much weight? And I hate that ponytail. Well, I bet she had the hair loose, but tied it up in the last minute to play some soccer. But it doesn't look great.

This seems to be exactly what she did. There are pictures later, following the game, with her hair down again.

Last edited by a moderator:

I love the red look. Very beautiful and divine. I also love the white blouse. Very elegant.

Ok...love the red coat dress and it looks divine on her. However, this whole look is sloppy. If you're going to do casual, do it. If you're going to do dressy, do it. The skinny jeans under such a structured dress and with those boots looks horrid.

Her sports attire was a great look.

Her red coat is a good one. A solid Kate coat and the booties underneath are still as cute as they were when she first wore them.

I´m with you Lumutqueen on the polo sweater. It´s a crappy garment and ready to be donated.

(..)

Nice see recycled her CH coat. Red is definitely her color. :flowers: She has a few CH pieces.

I love the boots. ?

I get she didn't have time to change, but it does look awkward. That coat is meant proportion wise to be over a dress. Looks off with the jeans.

I love the casual look with the jacket on. Its cute and sporty. Great choice :cool:

But I really don't like the Ralph Lauren sweater, seems a bit cheap to me looking.

Love the coat, really bold colour and I ADORE those boots.

I don't particularly like the casual outfit, the "polo" v-neck is too big and the outfit just doesn't look right. It's very warm today so both outfits are a little odd considering the weather.

I thought the high in Belfast was only 53 degrees Fahrenheit? So a bit warmer than average but not unseasonably warm. I'd definitely be wearing a sweater.

I don't like those boot very much, but maybe she just hasn't worn them with the right outfit yet.

I love this red coat on her & the funky boots. The skinny jeans seem to be due to time constraints for changing clothes so she gets a pass from me.

First outfit of today, meeting Chief of NI Police at Hillsborough:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0fXWIhW0AEOtiM.jpg

The Duchess of Cambridge @ engagements in Ballymena today.

*Full View*

Looks to be a brand new coat, Catherine is wearing the blue dress pictured earlier underneath.

Catherine is wearing a navy Jenny Packham Dress and Mulberry Coat (£1795).

Last edited:
I love the dress, it's a glorious color, and the cut looks beautiful. I'm less enthusiastic about the coat. The color is lovely, although she has multiple coats in a similar color, but the capes? flaps? spoil the look for me.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 25: January 2019 -

I like both the dress and coat.

I generally like the cape (?) look to the coat. It’s a little different- and I’m not a big fan of the cape trend. (I’m thinking maybe it can be removed too?) It’s well fitted. Lovely color.

Last edited:
:previous:Catherine’s coat kind of reminds me of the coats worn by the girls from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic in “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.”?
Lol, I knew the coat looked gently familiar!
I do love it, than again I really liked the HP coat.

Wish I could afford it.

:previous:Catherine’s coat kind of reminds me of the coats worn by the girls from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic in “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.”?

? OMG you are correct! I knew that I'd seen that look before.

Love the color of the coat and the cape feature is growing on me.

(..)

As for today's look...….

The dress is plain and simple. But lovely color on her. :flowers:

The cape aspect of the coat doesn't work at all. I have to agree with the poster that said she looks like a HP costume. Not a good choice at all. I like cape look but doesn't work here at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom