The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 23: September 2017 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking positively regal !

The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing a dress by Alexander McQueen and a hat by Juliette Botterill

Her dress gives me a Cinderella vibe (the sleeves part and the color).

The Duchess looks wonderful lovely blue dress and hat,her style at this event is always eyecatching.

Kate looks exquisite!
There's no denying that McQueen works for her.

Kate looks good. I am not a fan of her hat though.

I personally rarely like when she wears McQueen...it doesn't really look like McQueen IMO because its so diluted down. This dress could be any number of designers. Nothing about it screams McQueen.

I think her best trooping look and one of her best McQueens was in 2011, the white number.

Nothing about it screams McQueen.

And a jolly good job too.. its not about screaming ANYTHING, let alone a dress designer.. It's about unobtrusively looking elegant for someone else's Official Birthday celebrations..

I think Duchess of Cambridge gets my vote for the best dressed this year. The dress was amazing - simple, elegant, not revealing at all, but still making her look beautiful.

:previous: I would have to agree, I think Catherine looks wonderful in this style of dress. It is certainly a wider and deeper neckline than we are used to but I think it suits her far better than all the V necks she has ever worn. The colour is of a suitable depth to not look washed out and her hat is a positive confection.

Lovely look for Kate today and I like that she's worn her hair in a low chignon today.

Ok, I've finally seen better pics of Kate and...I don't think I am a fan of this look. It looks very "puffy" and the fabric looks very...heavy to me in a dated way. The bust is ill-fitting. I am giving a pass on that as I am sure her measurements are very much in flux right now as her body adjusts from pregnancy.

I also find this color washes Kate out. Kate looks best IMO in deeper tones.

I love her make-up/her face looks lovely.

I LOVE the color on her and basic style. Something is off with the bodice for me...not sure what exactly. Maybe a 'regular' shoulder/sleeve would of made it look better.

LaRae

:previous: I would have to agree, I think Catherine looks wonderful in this style of dress. It is certainly a wider and deeper neckline than we are used to but I think it suits her far better than all the V necks she has ever worn. The colour is of a suitable depth to not look washed out and her hat is a positive confection.
Oh yes, I do like the neckline very much.

And with the hat and jewelry, it was a very coordinated, elegant set, perfect for the occasion. I also love the fact that the Queen, Duchess of Cornwall and Duchess of Cambridge all wore blue.

the Queen, Duchess of Cornwall and Duchess of Cambridge all wore blue.

Yes.. HMQ in 'Sky'Blue, the Duchess of Cornwall in Blue/Grey and the Duchess of Cambridge in 'Duck-egg' Blue..

I think the hat and the dress doesn't go well with each other (and they both are beautiful pieces).

I really like this outfit. The hat is really elegant and the dress goes well with the hat--it is simple and structured and doesn't try to compete with the hat. The square neckline is different and looks nice on her. I like the seaming and the pleats. My only quibble is the little puff at the top of the sleeves, but that is my own preference.

Much nicer than that screaming pink outfit last year.

Last edited:
I dislike the sleeves but she looks good.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 23: September 2017 -

I love it all. Her hair up, elegant blue dress, hat. The square neckline really looks good on her. Perfect.

This style hat really suits her.

Last edited:
I think Kate looked okay today, but I agree with those who feel the light blue color does nothing for Kate's lovely complexion. Also the puffed tips of the sleeves combined with the square shape of the bodice somehow doesn't go well with the style of hat. I like the way Kate's hair is pulled back in a low chignon, but somehow the hat doesn't seem to work quite as well with it's height and detail. The combination of light blue color and styling of bodice and hat make Kate look a bit matronly.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfP92A0X0AAF3rA.jpg:large

Contrast that with the fresh as a daisy youthful way she looked at the wedding 3 weeks ago in the lovely pale yellow outfit. The yellow hat went together beautifully with the coat dress:
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...ton-dress-prince-harry-meghan-markle-wedding/

I loved Kate's deep pink outfit at 2017 Trooping the Colour. She looks good in deep shades as someone mentioned earlier. The 2017 dress and hat matched beautifully, and the pleated bodice complemented modest tucks at the dress' waistline: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/trooping-colour-2018-november-weather-brought-queens-summer/

A couple of years ago, Kate also looked dreamy in pale pink with a gorgeous sidebun and a younger Charlotte in her arms:
https://www.royal.uk/ scroll down slightly for BP balcony photo

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
The DoC looked perfect...so happy she pulled back her hair.;)

(..) I hated the sleeves and color of her outfit.

IMHO this is one of the best royal looks of the year. It looks incredibly chique.

IMHO this is one of the best royal looks of the year. It looks incredibly chique.

I must agree Marengo—this is my favorite of her.

Duchess of Cambridge looks breathtakingly beautiful.

(..)

I like the dress but not a fan of the hat. Nice color!

Perfect look. Especially when the queen and her children had not arrived yet, she was the leading lady (somehow that role doesn't fit Camilla very well). Well done!

I liked Kate's look a lot, although the weird puffy-ish sleeves were a miss for me.

She looks absolutely beautiful. I love the color, the exuberant hat, the clean and simple style of the dress--definitely the best dressed lady there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom