The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 22: May 2017 - August 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be beautiful as a shortened version too...

LaRae

:previous:
Yes your right, it would make a beautiful cocktail dress for some evening event with her hair up in lose waves and some gorgeous amethyst and diamond earrings, think she would wow the crowd.

She does like to do some recycling...so there is hope we might see the dress again!

LaRae

The Duchess of Cambridge on the final day in Germany today, July 21, wearing a nice Emilia Wickstead dress:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
Lovely dress, lovely style and one she should use again. Lavenders and purples look good on her. Unfortunately, she has not mastered the art of accessorising at all.

Her hair obscures what is usually (on tour) a beautiful pair of earrings, and hair can be styled down to maximise her hair hairstyle and her earrings. The dress lacks a focal point which is why I believe that brooches or necklaces are often worn by younger royals, especially the new, long and elegant, it is not an either or situation.

I am completely, totally, utterly and unreservedly sick to death of nude shoes. I don't think anyone believed that nude could clash with colours. Surprise! They can and they do, be they wedges, suede or patent stilettoes. As for the bag, if it is being used as a focal point it is complete miss as that shade of red/burgundy an odd pairing and does nothing to enhance the lavender of the dress.

The lavender color is absolutely gorgeous! I disagree that not many people can wear it. I am fair complected with blond hair and green eyes, and I can wear that color beautifully.

I wouldn't go as far as to say stunning, it seems she could war a toilet paper roll and it would be stunning :whistling:

Lovely dress though. No surprise the designer, go to designer and go to cut. Nothing new or wow style wise.

Color though is a fresh change and great to see. Looks good. :flowers:

Wish she'd ditch the shoes and show off her earrings.

Outfit summed up the trip. Safe and a tad boring. Nothing memorable. Well not I'm a good way, red dress in mind. Must say most disappointing tour fashion wise. She usually wows even me at least a few times on a tour,

Yes, definitely or don't bother with them.

Surely she is entitled to dress as she so chooses, as long as she is smart and professional. I appreciate we all have an interest in her clothing and jewelery, but lets not forget she is not a show monkey, to do as we want for our entertainment!

Kate Middleton's £26,000 royal tour wardrobe | Daily Mail Online

Just saw this article in the DM. Whilst I do think Kate did spend quite a lot of money on clothing for this trip, a lot of which could have been avoided by reusing items she already had without compromising on the "diplomatic" element, a lot of the maths of the DM is clearly wrong.

I list out some obvious mistakes which total to £11,430 (43% of their supposed total!), thereby reducing the £26,300 total of the DM to £14,870:

Monday, 17 July:

- the Rossi shoes are old and have been used for at least a year: £470
- Packham Pony Hair Clutch - used previously in Canada: £565
- Ruby & diamond earrings and pendant - source unkown, could be from royal vaults, and is something that can be handed down, so should be excluded: £3,400

Monday, 17 July, evening event:

- Rossi shoes: old, used in Paris: £530
- Prada satin clutch, old, used previously: £940
. Balenciaga Eugenia pearl stud earrings - hve been used previously, including for the Trooping a few years ago: £570

Thursday, 20 July

Monsoon espadrille wedges, used many times over the years: £45
. Russell & Bromley Curvy clutch, used previously: £165

Thursday, 20 July, afternoon events:

- Skinny jeans, used previously: Approx. £25
. RayBan Wayfarer sunglasses, used previously: £170
. Superga trainers, used previously: £50

Friday, 21 July:

Kiki McDonough lavender amethyst pear and oval drop earrings - used in Bhutan last year: £4,500

Last edited:
They do that cost thing for the last couple of tours. They always count stuff she already had and the jewelry to inflate the total. It's a total click bait article

Surely she is entitled to dress as she so chooses, as long as she is smart and professional. I appreciate we all have an interest in her clothing and jewelery, but lets not forget she is not a show monkey, to do as we want for our entertainment!
You are quite right. I regret making that remark, I was having my own mini-tantrum. I admire the Duchess for her grace under pressure

Nice but Mathilde, Mary and Letizia.

Very elegant and event appropriate!

Beautiful!
I really like the coatdress.

Is that the same pearl brooch she wore yesterday, or a different one?

Last edited:
Love the Coat dress, but loathe the Hat.

Beautiful!
I really like the coatdress.

Is that the same pearl brooch she wore yesterday, or a different one?
This is a different brooch.

Another very elegant outfit on the Duchess and what looks like a new brooch today?

Now that is more like it. A totally well put together ensemble with a pale grey coat-dress with deeper grey lace applique from just below the elbow to the cuffs and from thigh height to the hemline. Her pale grey hat had a hint of blush to pick up the blush of her clutch and shoes.

Her delicate pearl drop earrings looked lovely although I'm not sure they are not swamped by the enormous maple leaf brooch with its three enormous pearls. My only real quibble, and it merely a personal observation, is that when she is wearing a hat such as that, a higher chignon would look more elegant and less Downton Abbey.

Very nice outfit. A tiny quibble, but I wish the zipper wasn't showing.

Love this look style/color...the hat is okay but not my favorite. Another brooch, this one is apparently on loan from the Queen...and Diana's earrings.

LaRae

I love the look. It's a wonderful outfit. Love the design and color.

Great look. Refreshing change from her usual uniform she wears. Nothing too new in style, but lace adds great detail. Very pretty :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom