The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 22: May 2017 - August 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As yellow is my favorite color, I'm always happy to see it but to be honest, no one rocks yellow as the Queen does.

Kate's yellow Packham dress says one thing to me "day dress". That's it. Its just that. A day dress. As far as her casual apparel for rowing, I always seem to like tops that are more of a tunic type and longer with skinny pants. A short top with skinny pants just seems to be unflattering to the shape no matter how shapely that shape is. :D

I am liking the outfits a little less as the tour goes on. Really do not like the yellow dress and those dated wedges. And the leggings -ugh. How lucky that with her figure she can look at least okay in anything she wears. I guess she can't look stunning all the time.

She looks nothing like Pippa. This look makes her look so young and fresh and I think her jeans always make her legs look fantastic.

The Duchess of Cambridge lovely in yellow in Heidelberg today, July 20:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Both the outfits Catherine wore in Heidelberg were great; I think my favourite is the yellow dress but she rocks the casual wear too.

I like both outfits, especially the blue striped top.

I don't really like this pair of wedges though. I love wedges, and a different pair would've looked great. But I never have cared for these.

Hate the jeggings .... time to give them up except for maybe personal outings Kate would look much better in slim pants.

I really like the *style* of the yellow dress, not the fabric .....it looks heavy to me like damask or curtain material.....if this dress style was in a nice solid linen I bet it would be a go to dress many times over. A nice pretty blue linen would look great on Catherine.

I really love that casual outfit of stripe top and jean leggings, a must have to wear out doing what she did, rowing.......perfect! Maybe a red stripe top would also look nice.

I really like the *style* of the yellow dress, not the fabric .....it looks heavy to me like damask or curtain material.....if this dress style was in a nice solid linen I bet it would be a go to dress many times over. A nice pretty blue linen would look great on Catherine.

I really love that casual outfit of stripe top and jean leggings, a must have to wear out doing what she did, rowing.......perfect! Maybe a red stripe top would also look nice.

Agreed. The cut of the dress is so nice and suits Catherine immensely. And yellow suits her very well. The only three Royal women that can pull off wearing yellow is Catherine, HM The Queen and Stephanie of Luxembourg

I like the dress and think the colour suits her surprisingly well. I wouldn't have thought she'd look good in yellow.

Yellow suits Kate but not in this case. The style of dress is cute. But the combination of fabric, color and pattern screams upholstery fabric. Sadly a miss.

As I often find, I much prefer the casual look. The striped top is cute.

I love that lavender dress!
She should wear the purple tones more often.

The clutch is a weird color though.

Lovely outfit! Colour suits her skin tone and the fit really does her well.

Beautiful lavender dress. Too bad we can't see the earring, should have worn a different hairstyle away from the face.

Love the color of this dress. I would have loved a necklace or a brooch but neverless she looks great.

The purple dress is wonderful. Such a beautiful color.

Lovely outfit! Colour suits her skin tone and the fit really does her well.

I am pleasantly surprised on the fit as that is my usual criticism of Kate's Emilia Wickstead wardrobe. I think this style fits her well; for once the waist seems to hit her properly.

a lovely addition to Kates working wardrobe :flowers:

What a lovely dress and the colour is perfect for Kate. Hope we see this again soon.

Dress is very pretty, the colour is great. Getting so tired of the nude shoes.

Beautiful lavender dress. Too bad we can't see the earring, should have worn a different hairstyle away from the face.

Are you suggesting that she should style her hair differently just so that we can see her earrings?

Love the dress...great color and style for her!

LaRae

That lavender colour is really pretty and unusual! It looks wonderful on Catherine.

The lavender dress is beautiful, and Kate looks stunning in it. She definitely ended the visit on a high note!

Love the dress...great color and style for her!

LaRae

Yup - it was a new color, if an old silhouette. But particularly from the back, in motion this dress was pure gold!

She needs an evening gown in this shade. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope we see the lavender dress again- and soon!

Oh yes that was and still is one very beautiful dress, that color really made her eyes pop, I love this dress, the color, the style, the way it flowed when she walked, everything about this dress is perfect.

Pranter, Thank you for the link, I remember this dress from somewhere else and it is so gorgeous on her. I hope we see it again sometime soon, just perfect and dazzling on her.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom