The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 22: May 2017 - August 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Catherine walker dress, can do no wrong. Hair should be side parted

Very lovely dress and great for the summer time. I also like her shorter hairstyle. Very lovely look.

I dont care for Catherine's dress. The print doesn't really work on the fitted upper style IMO.
The bag isn't pretty.

The floral dress is very beautiful. As for today's white dress is it exquisite. Great and elegant style.

Catherine looks fantastic. I love this white suit and the floral one. Her shorter hair style is lovely.

Very nice. I really like the necklace. I still prefer the shorter hair but think it would look even better with a side part. She looks beautiful, though, overall.

Is this white peplum suit a repeat? I feel like I have seen it before. Peplums are a good choice for her. The hair parted down the middle isn't attractive

Is this white peplum suit a repeat? I feel like I have seen it before. Peplums are a good choice for her. The hair parted down the middle isn't attractive
No, it's new. But she has quite a few different looks with similar silouettes. (Pink McQueen in australia, White short sleeved eyelet version, Georges christening look)

Ive seen this dress on fashion sites and I pictures Catherine in it, its a great choice, elegant and simple.

She looks great today...and love the hair!

LaRae

Parting Hair

Not everyone can change the part in her hair. My hair will not part anywhere but dead center on my head; after a while it begins to work its way back. Catherine is a beautiful woman with lovely hair; that center part frames her face in a symmetrical fashion.

Love the peplum suit. It's a good look for her.

Catherine looked great today and I liked how she had red accessories as a nod to the Polish flag.

Beautiful white dress today. The clutch is lovely and I like the ruby as well.

Last edited:
I am no fan of the middle parting but the choice of suit is great!

Beautiful white dress today. The clutch is lovely and I like the ruby as well.

I think it's Garnets instead of Rubies....we are all still trying to decide! lol

LaRae

I've been wondering why the Duchess has looked more like Pippa lately, then I clicked, she's been parting her hair in the middle. And I see people before me have also noticed by the postings above. I like it. Her face looks slightly rounder too though that may be an optical illusion.

Nothing exciting, her usual style. But she looks lovely. :flowers:

I prefer her Wimbledon look. Again nothing new in style but the lovely summer pattern gives it a new flavour.

I think it's Garnets instead of Rubies....we are all still trying to decide! lol

LaRae

Garnets tend to have a slightly darker, more brown hue to them. To me, these are very much rubies.

Last edited:
:previous:

Why should she change?

I thought perhaps she chose that dress because it would work at a variety of events, like the street market, the Shakespeare play, the shipyard, etc.

:previous:

Why should she change?

I thought perhaps she chose that dress because it would work at a variety of events, like the street market, the Shakespeare play, the shipyard, etc.
In my opinion wearing florals to a former concentration camp isnt very appropriate. Darker colours or all white wouldve been a better choice.

:previous: I'm very surprised she wore a floral print to the Concentration Camp. Not that I don't like it; I very much like the two pieces as a fresh variation on one of Catherine's preferred silhouettes. And I think the floral is pretty enough without being highly multicolor.

I just had assumed she would wear a solid to this venue. A sedate solid for a somber visit. Not funeral sedate, but sedate. So I just am very surprised.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 22: May 2017 -

I understand what everyone is saying but it's a sedate pattern and somehow the flowers seem right JMO
By the way don't men have it easy
blue suit,blue suit, blue suit

Last edited:
It is a slight improvement over the bright pink she wore to the 9/11 memorial but that is all.

She needs to learn that when visiting sombre places like this she needs to wear more muted colours - even if she has to change later - or she could have worn an appropriate coloured summer coat over this dress and then taken the coat off for later engagements.

She can't claim being 'young' anymore as she is in her mid-30s and is old enough to know better so I can only assume she is uneducated about the events of these places or is rather stupid. I will never blame her advisers for clothes choice as that is her decision and hers alone. Given the behaviour I have seen, firsthand, at places like this of German, French and British teenagers I am leaning towards the 'don't care' attitude (the German kids taking selfies in front of the overs at Dachau and the French playing 'football' with the wreaths at Theipval - while their teachers took photos and laughed - says it all for me about what the young people in Europe are being taught about respecting what these places mean). I won't go into what the British kids were doing at the German war cemetery in Belgium while their teachers stood by smoking at the buses.

There was a woman there in a pink jacket. I presume you think that's not suitable either.

From the experiences I have been able to hear of from others that have been to visit the sites of concentration camps from WWII, I don't think what Kate wore makes a bit of difference. As they explore the area and visit the different exhibits, what is going to happen is that they will be hit full in the face with the atrocities and the horrors and the full extent of man's inhumanity to man that these camps are stark reminders of. Then, with meeting with survivors, and listening to their stories and recollections, one can only hope that they leave with a firm conviction to work so that something like this never, ever happens again.

On the other hand, wearing a somewhat cheery, floral outfit would probably make a world of difference in meeting the survivors. They've had enough drab, gloomy and somber memories to live with and a cheerful looking Kate just may make their day. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom