The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 22: May 2017 - August 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The white dress is absolutely stunning. It is regal, exquisite and very elegant. It has an old fashioned look to it in a modern way. No doubt one of her most beautiful dresses.

In the cariage pictures where you only see the upper part of her outfit, she looks like she comes from a different era. She makes me think of Queen Mary.
Very lovely!

Absolutely lovely. She reminds me the scene of Ascot, from "my fair lady"

Catherine looked lovely at Royal Ascot. White is her color and she wears lace well. I did love her look but did I want to see something very similar to what she wore last year to the same event, no. I hope the white lace dresses wont become a yearly look for her at this event.

The dress is great. It a very interesting look.

Full marks 10/10 on this look. Not only is it a great dress (the mod style fits very well on her!) but the accessorizing was on point as well. This is a perfect look in my eye!

At first glance i thought it was Chanel. Great "old school" look.

I love this. It seems a bit different from her unusual style.

I love that she's branching out, the cut is lovely and the style of the dress suits her very well. The pop of red colour is great for the dress but the simple pattern makes it eye catching.

I absolutely despise the pockets on the chest, they are pointless and add nothing to the dress. But that's a design thing not a Catherine issue :flowers:

She does look very pretty and appropriate, but there is something about this dress that I just don't like. Maybe because I associate tweed with fall, not summer.

Nice dress and suits her! I don't like very much the shoes she choose with this dress!

it is ok the dress for me look like an uniform for air hostes

A really great dress for Catherine. Just a bit tad to short for me, yet overall I hope we see it again. That is a great play on Chanel as Nico said, well done.

I agree that the dress is a tad short. I would have thought Chanel also, but I have a Carolina Herrera dress in a similar style, so I guess it is a classic look for a reason :)

Very smart looking...it does have a retro look. It's a hair short but nothing shocking.

LaRae

Its a nice enough look on the duchess and I like her hairstyle ,the dress was a bit on the short side.

Not a good look. The dress, with its high waist and short skirt just looks like it's too small for her. And the poofy hair looks weird, high on top and flat in the back. Not a good look.

As usual, Catherine is bang on point -

The V & A Museum praised Kate's Gucci dress as demonstrating "the continuing influence of 1960s style on contemporary fashion."

Via @HRHDuchesskate

I don't like this ensemble. I like the idea of the dress, but it looks sort of juvenile in this instance. I also would have liked different hair .... I think. It's just that something's off. The whole outfit is a miss.

I don't like this ensemble. I like the idea of the dress, but it looks sort of juvenile in this instance. I also would have liked different hair .... I think. It's just that something's off. The whole outfit is a miss.
I feel the same way. There is something off or missing, can't really put my finger on it though. Not a bad outfit or inappropriate, just something off.

I think that's because of the shorter skirt. If it was longer things would look more in balance.

LaRae

I'd rather see this dress with Doc Martens and a backpack and a big chunky wristwatch. Paging Lady Amelia Windsor!

Of course that's not Kate's style and hardly Royal Engagement attire, but there's something about that dress that shouldn't be taken so seriously.

I liked Catherine's recent outfit, it's nice to see her trying out different styles. I thought her dress was quite cute and retro, as the other posters have pointed out.

I love this whole look! The dress is stylish and elegant, and fits her perfectly. I think it's shorter than we're used to seeing on Catherine but not too short at all. It's just short enough to make you notice she's got great long legs.

And I'm super happy to see her trying something different with her hair - it looks beautiful. She's lucky enough to have thick, healthy hair which means she can pull off a lot of different styles.. I wish she'd experiment more like this.

This is what happens when you branch out a bit. It suddenly becomes a lot more interesting.

The hair though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom