The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 22: May 2017 - August 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely pink color!

The dress is by Alexandrer McQueen and the hat by Jane Taylor

Wonderful appearance! Here are some more views on it:

** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 **

I love Catherine appearance today. This has been an appearance I have been waiting for for a while. The color is smashing on her, the design and fit is perfect and the hat is great! Ive always wanted to see Catherine in such a color of outfit and hat.

Great color ...I think the waist is kinda weird but she looks really nice otherwise.

LaRae

Love the 'crushed Raspberry' Colour, but dislike the pleated neckline and [especially] the Hat

I love the colour, vibrant pink. The hat is very pretty, also. I think the colour suits Kate.

Great bubblegum pink color on her. The hat looks good too, really like the different shades in it. Best updo ever, shows the earrings, neckline and is flattering to her face. A winner!

I love this dress. The bright pink really suits her. The pleats at the top make the dress more interesting.

Her hair is just beautiful.

Perfect IMO! She looked absolutely great today. I love the colour of the dress, and I agree, it really suits her. I also like her hairstyle. Would like to see the shoes or rather a picture of the complete outfit.

The vivid pink was so visible on the balcony.
Wonderful choice for Kate!

A fantastic, modern, eye catching color. Great choice :flowers:

One of her best updos I have seen. Hair is stunning. Love the earrings :)

Best thing about hair it shows off the detail of the neck. Neckline is great, adds interest to plain dress.

I hate most fascinators and this is no exception but I do like the colors and even the decoration. Just wish real hats.

My only real dislike is the waist. The crumpled belt is odd :ermm:

A fantastic, modern, eye catching color. Great choice :flowers:

One of her best updos I have seen. Hair is stunning. Love the earrings :)

Best thing about hair it shows off the detail of the neck. Neckline is great, adds interest to plain dress.

I hate most fascinators and this is no exception but I do like the colors and even the decoration. Just wish real hats.

My only real dislike is the waist. The crumpled belt is odd :ermm:

It's not a fascinator. It is a beret with embelishment.

Great outfit for this event, I only dislike the ruffle around the waist, too much!

I do love her hair today and of course those earrings are to die for!

LaRae

It's not a fascinator. It is a beret with embelishment.

It's not a beret. At best it's a cocktail hat. There is no way that thing is staying on her head without hat pins.

Cocktail hat, fascinator, most pill boxes.....not a fan of any. Going to wear a hat wear a real one. Pillbox are okay on right people, others look matronly.

Kate does have a brown beret she wore back in the day. That I like.

Well I don't dislike it but I don't like it that much either. It's very hot today so I think something a little more summery could have been worn, the colour is stunning and really suits Catherine's complexion. I hate the ruffled waist band, but for once don't mind this fascinator with her hair up. The Italian sun is messing with my brain! ;)

I really love the colour of Catherine's outfit. It's perfect for a bright sunny day.

I love the colour of Catherine's ensemble. Obviously, this is a colour that really suits her and strangely enough, I noticed many of the others in white, ivory, cream and a few other neutral or pastel colours, even HM was in ice blue. Against all that, Catherine's ensemble was bound to pop.

It's a new outfit for Kate, isn't it? I think the Queen and Camilla are in repeats. I can't see Anne's balcony outfit, so I can't judge! I've read elsewhere that the Queen is wearing a repeat as a nod to the more sombre national mood, but I like Kate's vibrant pink anyway.

:previous: Anne was in uniform and, of course, in uniform. Yes both the Queen and Camilla wore repeats, the Queen's from the last Garden Party of this year. Catherine missed the mood badly from the colour of her gorgeous, but brand new ensemble, to the decidedly odd diamond drop earrings. What was she thinking?

Last edited:
:previous: Yes both the Queen and Camilla wore repeats, the Queen's from the last Garden Party of this year. Catherine missed the mood badly from the colour of her gorgeous, but brand new ensemble, to the decidedly odd diamond drop earrings. What was she thinking?

I have to disagree. The event is a celebration of HM's birthday. HMs outfit was probably chosen because of the very hot weather yesterday. As regards Camilla, she is usually in shades of white, taupe or creme at the Trooping, often recycling. I don't think Catherine "missed the mood badly". Look at broad smiles all around.

The sombre mood was referenced in HM's statement released yesterday. If the Palace were overly concerned about recent events, the whole Trooping would have been cancelled.

Also, lets not foeget HM herself wore a very bright blue ensemble (hardly sombre!) when she visited the victims of the fire recently

Last edited:
The queen had to have loaned Catherine those earrings for her to wear them at this event.

The colour was nice but I wasn't crazy about the fascinator .

She looked gorgeous! I like everything about this. Very pretty color on Catherine.

Its such a wonderful color on her and I finally like her makeup which is more softer and better applied than usually. She looks very beautiful, elegant and eye-cathing.

Last edited:
Love this dress. Way better than the lace one last year. The hat is gorgeous too. The details on close up are amazing.

Beautiful!

I hope everyone noticed that she wore pearl earrings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom