The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 21: March 2017 - May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have seen it coming. Get down, hide, here come the stones. We're eavilly picking on Kate. Every inch of her is perfection. If we see something wrong, it's because we're blind or were spiteful.

Guess what's if you go on any fashion thread you will find critiques of every Royal. No one gets it right every time, and even a seemingly elegant look may have a flaw for some people. Kate isn't some scapegoat martyr.

If I saw this look on another Royal, like maxima or Mathilde they would have got a harsher critique. I find the style matronly but it seems to suit Kate. Maxima I expect more colors, more modern, more risk.

As for the hat, well it's well established my opinion of a pill box on almost all occasion no matter who. There are the rare lady who pulls it off without it being matronly, because the rest of their outfit gives it a modern feel.

The white look is lovely. She looks very elegant

Should have seen it coming. Get down, hide, here come the stones. We're eavilly picking on Kate. Every inch of her is perfection. If we see something wrong, it's because we're blind or were spiteful.

Guess what's if you go on any fashion thread you will find critiques of every Royal. No one gets it right every time, and even a seemingly elegant look may have a flaw for some people. Kate isn't some scapegoat martyr.

If I saw this look on another Royal, like maxima or Mathilde they would have got a harsher critique. I find the style matronly but it seems to suit Kate. Maxima I expect more colors, more modern, more risk.

As for the hat, well it's well established my opinion of a pill box on almost all occasion no matter who. There are the rare lady who pulls it off without it being matronly, because the rest of their outfit gives it a modern feel.

Whoa, holy overreaction, Batman. No one said anything even close to that. I was expressing my own opinion, not criticizing yours.

Mine is that Kate does not always pick the most interesting outfits, but always picks appropriate ones. Some other folks agree. Some don't! That's fine.

Let us please not start the same old discussion again: we are all free to share our opinions as long as we stay respectful towards each other and the persons we discuss. There's no need to make comparisons and no need to argue. Thank you!

Yes simple/casual ..works for the event. Not many women can pull off horizontal stripes.

LaRae

I love the outfit especially the stripe top.

Great casual look. Like the stripes on her :flowers:

As I said in Canada, many of her best looks for me are her casual looks. Manages to be modern age appropriate while still appropriate for the event.

I agree that she shines in casual looks. She always seems more herself. I think of her more formal outfits as her royal uniform, her casual ones seem more like who she really is and how she's most comfortable.

I love the Armani suit, the top looks so different from the usual jacket styles.

Lovely. Though I have to say, I prefer to see her in British brands

Like Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney ? Both brands are own by French company Kering run by Selma Hayek's husband. The fashion industry is pretty wide spread across the globe.

I adore the suit and it fits her like a glove, but, I do think that with William and Harry both with no ties/suits, this outfit might be a little to formal for the visit. A nice spring shift dress with great shoes would have been my preference. Leave this suit for another day.

She looks great in it ...from the front view it almost has a sporty feel to the top.

LaRae

i loved everything about today's suit! fit is perfect and colour is ideal for spring. fab choice.

Like Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney ? Both brands are own by French company Kering run by Selma Hayek's husband. The fashion industry is pretty wide spread across the globe.
They may be owned by an overseas company, but they are British brands. These brands design and source largely from the UK. Quite like Bentley (owned by VW), Rolls (owned by BMW), Jaguar & Land Rover (Tata)

Love this suit. It fits perfectly. I like the detail (pleats?) on the jacket and the zip up front.

This suit was a real change for Kate, imo. A sophisticated, smooth, elegant look that is a trademark of Armani.

Yes she should wear more Armani if it looks like this ...is this her first time in Armani? I can't remember what all she's worn!

LaRae

:previous: No. It's not her first Armani.

This red coat she has worn both prior to wedding including Williams passing out ceremony and several times since, is Armani.

The Duchess Of Cambridge Is A Red Recycler In Scotland | CocoPerez.com

I love today's look. Athletic vibe to it. A fresh modern look for her. A fantastic change from her repetitive retro look. Great choice.

Sophie wears Armani at times. And her and Kate have similar taste often.

Last edited:
The red look is very beautiful and stunning. The color is great. One of my favorites looks from Kate.

:previous: No. It's not her first Armani.

This red coat she has worn both prior to wedding including Williams passing out ceremony and several times since, is Armani.

The Duchess Of Cambridge Is A Red Recycler In Scotland | CocoPerez.com

I love today's look. Athletic vibe to it. A fresh modern look for her. A fantastic change from her repetitive retro look. Great choice.

Sophie wears Armani at times. And her and Kate have similar taste often.

I've never thought Kate and Sophie wore much of anything similar.

Kate needs to keep wearing Armani..it's well suited to her.

LaRae

She looks terrific in the tomato red Armani and the casual striped top outfit. What I noticed is the improvement in eye makeup, it looks like there is a l to less of it. Is this my imagination? Plus love the hair cut and curly hair, really suits her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom