The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 21: March 2017 - May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The green coat is very elegant and lovely. I love the style.

The coat is fine, the hair not so much. (..)
I love Catherine's coat,the colour, the style, the military-style buttons marching to a neat waist and gorgeous flared skirt. Her complimentary updo and percher hat made the entire ensemble, from top to toe, look elegant.

Then she ditched the hat and treated us to her "I'm an ingenue" look with her beautiful, voluminous hair tumbling around her shoulders. In short, she lost the plot. If you are on an official trip to France not to mention Paris, The City of Light, and, lest we forget, haute couture, you bring your "A" game.

And the day started out so well . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed Kate is wearing a lot of Lock & Co. hats lately.
Trying for a very traditional look?

I love the green coat. The color is stunning and I love the trim detail. Her hair looked beautiful up. I wish she had kept it that way.

I don't like the big brass buttons though. sge too often goes with this military button look when at military events. Not needed.

And I refuse to call the dish on her head a hat.

I have no issue her wearing the dress in France. The arrival outfit doesn't need to be much. Even in France, I wasn't expecting her to show the a game. She never takes chances in her day ware, didn't think France royaks change that.

I like this fabric a lot. And while not everyone likes the cordovan-ish shoes, I do and like the little bag, as well. None of this is same old, same old Kate stuff to me.

I love the Chanel- so glad she wore it on this trip. I think the whole look is very elegant and polished.

Fits right in with Catherine's standard princess uniform but with some fun extra details

I really like the detail on the top. The belt ties it up. And the accessories aren't bad either

(..) What's with the hat posts? She looked very elegent in my opinion!

Last edited by a moderator:
So she choose Chanel coat dress and bag. The coat has the very on trend fluted frilly bell sleeves. Its expensive look on Kate today and a heavy fashion nod to France - will we see her repeat this look on an engagement in the UK??

Off-topic comments that had nothing to do with the Duchess of Cambridge's fashion choices have been removed. Thanks for your understanding!

I love Catherine's coat,the colour, the style, the military-style buttons marching to a neat waist and gorgeous flared skirt. Her complimentary updo and percher hat made the entire ensemble, from top to toe, look elegant.

Then she ditched the hat and treated us to her "I'm an ingenue" look with her beautiful, voluminous hair tumbling around her shoulders. In short, she lost the plot. If you are on an official trip to France not to mention Paris, The City of Light, and, lest we forget, haute couture, you bring your "A" game.

And the day started out so well . . .

I partially agreed on this. But I think she looked better with her hair down than with that tight chignon, which aged her. The Paris look for the arrival would have been fine hadn't it been too informal.

The green coat yesterday was fine but standard Kate so not particularly exciting. I personally preferred it with the hat.

I love this Chanel outfit - the fabric, the cut, the styling...

She often wears her more interesting outfits on official trips abroad and we rarely/if ever see them again. I get that she wants to be more than a clothes horse but I generally find her home turf looks a bit blah.

Loving the Chanel on Catherine. Very flattering and a bit different than what she typically wears.

Again nothing out of the box, her usual style.

But that said she looks great. Love the fabric and the cut. The accessories are all on point. I quite like the shoes. I do hope we see her repeat this again.

Kate is recycling her red Carolina Herrera coat that she wore in Whitehorse, Canada last September.

Rugby Match

I like it and am glad to see it again. :flowers:

Happy to see one of her Canadian tour outfits reappeare :flowers:

The color is great on Kate. :)

May have expected something a bit more casual for a rugby game. One thing she does great on tours, is embracing a casual side when it calls for it. She had a few lovely casual looks in Canada. I guess in France she decided to stay dressed up entire time.

Love the sleeve detail! It's a good look for her. The color is great and the style suits here.

LaRae

Looking good in the red coat. All the men surrounding her are in suits so guess it wasn't a casual affair - in that part of the stadium, anyway.

William is there as the Patron of WRU. They are not there just as fans. Anne and Harry were dressed up for England vs Scotland last week because they are there in a official capacity. It's the same thing with the FA Cup final, William is in a suit and tie because he is at the game as President of the FA .

Catherine in Chanel, quite a pretty outfit IMO and the tweed color combination is nice but the Chanel belt with the logo and the Chanel bag is a bit too much. I dont mind the bag but the belt should've been plain. The belt from the night before would've worked nicely. The pumps should go, ruin the whole look. The hair should've been in a ponytail, the hair is boring styled like the day before.

Catherine in Chanel, quite a pretty outfit IMO and the tweed color combination is nice but the Chanel belt with the logo and the Chanel bag is a bit too much. I dont mind the bag but the belt should've been plain. The belt from the night before would've worked nicely. The pumps should go, ruin the whole look. The hair should've been in a ponytail, the hair is boring styled like the day before.

Totally agree about her wearing 2 items with the Chanel logo, it should have been the bag OR the belt, it looks too much. She's also went for a Chanel outfit that is in the same style as many other coat dresses she has already so it loses all impact and her hair tied back would have shown everything off much better. Overall verdict from me- a bit of a cluttered and messy look even though the coat dress and bag are nice as individual items.

I LOVE the bag...I want one and I'm not a collector of purses ...I buy one and use it for years.

LaRae

The Chanel dress is beautiful. I love the colors and print. The purse is very chic. The red coat is also wonderful and elegant.

The Chanel outfit is classy and one of the best within the usual Kate style - nothing out of her comfort zone though. I am getting so tired of the hair hanging lose.

Agree with others regarding the belt - we get that it's Chanel, the logo dropping wasn't necessay.

At first I didn't like Catherine's Chanel dress; however it's growing on me. I still think she's worn better, but this dress is pretty. Her red coat is gorgeous though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom