The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 09:22 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cambridge looking good in a recycled suit from Eponine in London today, March 23:

** Full view ** March 2016 -1 ** March 2016 - 2 **

Old 03-23-2017, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

all that comes to my mind is 'kitchen towel', my mother used to have some in exactly the same pattern.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the style/shape...but the pattern hurts my eyes!

LaRae
Old 03-23-2017, 10:38 AM
Serene Highness

The whole country is in mourning today, she should have worn black.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Cambridge looking good in a recycled suit from Eponine in London today, March 23:

I agree and I have always loved red check patterns so it's a good choice IMO.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
The whole country is in mourning today, she should have worn black.
I don't think that was necessary st all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Very elegant; glad to see this re-emerge
Old 03-23-2017, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I don't think that was necessary st all.
Me either. Not sure I'd wear black to a mental health function. If they had declared an official day of mourning for the country then maybe so. I don't think canceling was an option either.

LaRae
Old 03-23-2017, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Cambridge looked lovely today just wasn't mad about the large black buttons.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:00 AM
Nobility

Maybe black is not necessary, but IMO a more subdued look is called for today. It reminds me of when she wore a bright pink coat to the 9/11 memorial in NYC in (I think) 2015. Inappropriate IMO.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:13 AM
Serene Highness

I strongly disagree. Britain suffered one of the worst terror attacks in it's history yesterday with many dead and wounded. She's a senior member of the British royal family so it was totally appropriate that she reflect this in her choice of clothing today. If not black then dark blue, gray or purple are among the colours she could have chosen.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenPenny View Post
Maybe black is not necessary, but IMO a more subdued look is called for today. It reminds me of when she wore a bright pink coat to the 9/11 memorial in NYC in (I think) 2015. Inappropriate IMO.
that's silly. It was a visit to a memorial, not a memorial service. Not to mention, she was wearing a black dress underneath.

She used her speech today to mention the event, which was appropriate. Until the government calls for a time of mourning, there is no reason for Kate, at a event that is to lift people, should be dressing like she's personally mourning a friend. I think we should go about as usual, but also be mindful of what's happened. You can do so and still wear colors.

I think she's fine today, though I'm not a huge fan of the outfit.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:19 AM
Gentry

Full view with the front

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7nMX5kW0AAPCrk.jpg
Old 03-23-2017, 11:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
that's silly. It was a visit to a memorial, not a memorial service. Not to mention, she was wearing a black dress underneath.

She used her speech today to mention the event, which was appropriate. Until the government calls for a time of mourning, there is no reason for Kate, at a event that is to lift people, should be dressing like she's personally mourning a friend. I think we should go about as usual, but also be mindful of what's happened. You can do so and still wear colors.

I agree, a visit to a memorial does not warrant black.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Exactly. London in general seems to have taken the view that carrying on right now is the best to do. People had fun at the pub, the city is open! I doubt mourning or half-mourning clothing would be seen as appropriate.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:11 PM
Serene Highness

As you can see Sophie also wore red outfit today.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...0282074995.jpg
Old 03-23-2017, 12:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Disagree with that too. Our Prime Minister has been in black since yesterday and our royal ladies should be too IMO.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:02 PM
Majesty

i really liked that eponine suit and i am glad to see it reused :)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-23-2017, 01:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I agree, a visit to a memorial does not warrant black.
No, black is not necessary, but neither is bright pink appropriate.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Quote:
Disagree with that too. Our Prime Minister has been in black since yesterday and our royal ladies should be too IMO.
If not black, then at least more somber colors. I honestly expected more from the countess.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
The PM was in black yesterday even before the incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Exactly. London in general seems to have taken the view that carrying on right now is the best to do. People had fun at the pub, the city is open! I doubt mourning or half-mourning clothing would be seen as appropriate.
Quite right. We pay our respects, and we move on.

It's a beautiful spring day. I don't see many people on the streets of central London either in black or other sombre course. Let's not try and impose a false sense of sobriety on our royals.

Closed Thread