The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 21: March 2017 - May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall, hair is meh. Chanel was lovely and the accessories were a terrific colour. I envy her the bag and shoes.

I must say Catherine looked absolutely stunning on the two day trip to Paris. There was a glow about her too. Her warm smile and bubbly personality made her look even better.

Oh heavens don't say 'glow' ...that will start the pregnancy speculations! lol

LaRae

Oh heavens don't say 'glow' ...that will start the pregnancy speculations! lol

LaRae

Certainly you can use that word without starting rumors can you not :lol: Seeing Kate's smile always makes me happy for her

Certainly you can use that word without starting rumors can you not :lol: Seeing Kate's smile always makes me happy for her

On this site, where any royal within child bearing age seems to be under baby bump watch, no :lol:

With Kate, all the talk they want three kids, and Charlotte almost two, we all know where too many people will take the glow talk.

i was not a fan of the chanel outfit unfortunately. i loved the accesories but that dress didn't work for me. the print and that belt with the logo were just not my cup of tea. the black dress was also fairly non descript, as was the red coat. the gala dress was rather stunning though, it was my favourite appearance of the trip.

I really liked the Chanel outfit although I did think that wearing a Chanel belt and carrying a Chanel handbag was a little bit over the top.
I am wondering how her outfits were received by the French fashion reporters. Can any of our French friends on the Forums enlighten us?

^^^ French media approved

Rebecca English‏ @RE_DailyMail
William and Kate depart Les Invalides - Duchess in Chanel, much to the approval of local media.

Loved her in the Chanel suit, the pleats and pleated cuffs were great. Agree about too many logos and hair would have been better not loose for this outfit.

all that comes to my mind is 'kitchen towel', my mother used to have some in exactly the same pattern.

I like the style/shape...but the pattern hurts my eyes!

LaRae

The whole country is in mourning today, she should have worn black.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that was necessary st all.

Me either. Not sure I'd wear black to a mental health function. If they had declared an official day of mourning for the country then maybe so. I don't think canceling was an option either.

LaRae

The Duchess of Cambridge looked lovely today just wasn't mad about the large black buttons.

Maybe black is not necessary, but IMO a more subdued look is called for today. It reminds me of when she wore a bright pink coat to the 9/11 memorial in NYC in (I think) 2015. Inappropriate IMO.

I strongly disagree. Britain suffered one of the worst terror attacks in it's history yesterday with many dead and wounded. She's a senior member of the British royal family so it was totally appropriate that she reflect this in her choice of clothing today. If not black then dark blue, gray or purple are among the colours she could have chosen.

Maybe black is not necessary, but IMO a more subdued look is called for today. It reminds me of when she wore a bright pink coat to the 9/11 memorial in NYC in (I think) 2015. Inappropriate IMO.

that's silly. It was a visit to a memorial, not a memorial service. Not to mention, she was wearing a black dress underneath.

She used her speech today to mention the event, which was appropriate. Until the government calls for a time of mourning, there is no reason for Kate, at a event that is to lift people, should be dressing like she's personally mourning a friend. I think we should go about as usual, but also be mindful of what's happened. You can do so and still wear colors.

I think she's fine today, though I'm not a huge fan of the outfit.

that's silly. It was a visit to a memorial, not a memorial service. Not to mention, she was wearing a black dress underneath.

She used her speech today to mention the event, which was appropriate. Until the government calls for a time of mourning, there is no reason for Kate, at a event that is to lift people, should be dressing like she's personally mourning a friend. I think we should go about as usual, but also be mindful of what's happened. You can do so and still wear colors.

I agree, a visit to a memorial does not warrant black.

Exactly. London in general seems to have taken the view that carrying on right now is the best to do. People had fun at the pub, the city is open! I doubt mourning or half-mourning clothing would be seen as appropriate.

i really liked that eponine suit and i am glad to see it reused :)

Disagree with that too. Our Prime Minister has been in black since yesterday and our royal ladies should be too IMO.
The PM was in black yesterday even before the incident

Exactly. London in general seems to have taken the view that carrying on right now is the best to do. People had fun at the pub, the city is open! I doubt mourning or half-mourning clothing would be seen as appropriate.
Quite right. We pay our respects, and we move on.

It's a beautiful spring day. I don't see many people on the streets of central London either in black or other sombre course. Let's not try and impose a false sense of sobriety on our royals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom