The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 08:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

front View - http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9750297025.jpg

I both like this coat/dress and don't at the same time! Ha. I'm so confused. I love the "formality", and this kind of outfit makes Catherine look so chic. The fascinator, I don't mind would LOVE a proper green hat.

Can't wait for Paris.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

From that one pic, she looks great! Love it, great color and style!

LaRae

Old 03-17-2017, 09:02 AM
Majesty

beautiful! i wonder if this is what she will wear in paris or whether she will change before landing. it would make sense to wear this in paris - it is elegant and doubles up for both kinds of events.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-17-2017, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Perfect outfit and colour for St Patrick's Day!
Old 03-17-2017, 09:36 AM
Majesty

The coat is fine, the hair not so much.(..)
Old 03-17-2017, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7HxX2aVoAAuJjR.jpg

She looks okay here.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
front View - http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9750297025.jpg

I both like this coat/dress and don't at the same time! Ha. I'm so confused. I love the "formality", and this kind of outfit makes Catherine look so chic. The fascinator, I don't mind would LOVE a proper green hat.

Can't wait for Paris.
The advantage to the fascinator is that she is not stuck dealing with any hat head for the rest of the day. I'm over teeny hats too, but there are times where they are just the practical choice.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I keep looking at the hat and wanting to love it. I love love love hats and love this style hat. But I just can't.

Maybe it is the positioning To me it looks big on her. Kind of reminds me of her playing dress up with grown up clothes.

I love her in a hat, a real brimmed hat. I love the gray ine at commonwealth last year, looks fantastic. This just doesn't do it.
Funny, l like "real hats" better than fascinators, too, but this hat didn't seem to fit for me either. I think it may be because it didn't match the outfit. The Queen's hats always look nice because they are very well matched to the rest of her ensemble.

The St. Patrick's Day fascinator, OTOH (if that's considered a fascinator) l like. It fits well with the coat dress.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
beautiful! i wonder if this is what she will wear in paris or whether she will change before landing. it would make sense to wear this in paris - it is elegant and doubles up for both kinds of events.
I agree. Does she have another version of this hat in black? Its shape is very familiar.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I agree. Does she have another version of this hat in black? Its shape is very familiar.
It looks a lot like her hat from Christmas Day 2015, but when you look at the shape, it seems to be different. The Christmas hat is a bit pointy on the front, this hat is completely round. However, the colour and the flower on the back are the same.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:24 AM
Courtier

Photographs differ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Funny, l like "real hats" better than fascinators, too, but this hat didn't seem to fit for me either. I think it may be because it didn't match the outfit. The Queen's hats always look nice because they are very well matched to the rest of her ensemble.

The St. Patrick's Day fascinator, OTOH (if that's considered a fascinator) l like. It fits well with the coat dress.
If one takes a look at the photographs the velvet detail on the coat looks black in some and dark green in others. The fascinator also looks different shades of green in different photographs. It is also rather cold and breezy in England right now. Perhaps this type of headpiece is easier to secure with long hair than a more formal hat? Just a thought.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:01 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Catherine in Paris wearing the same outfit as earlier but without the facinsator and with open hair.

Full view ** Full view 2

I like the coat and the color, it's a classic coat and the velvet detailing is interesting. I don't care much for the buttons. In Paris, I would've liked to see her hair half pulled back.

Earlier look with the fascinator, it was nice and appropriate for the event.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:10 PM
Royal Highness

Surprised she didn't bother to change her outfit ...
Old 03-17-2017, 12:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Surprised she didn't bother to change her outfit ...
I dont think she needed to. IMO, she was elegantly and appropriately dressed for both events.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I dont think she needed to. IMO, she was elegantly and appropriately dressed for both events.
Oh it's perfectly appropriate. I just remember when the Queen made her state visit back in 2014, she changed her outfit 4 times between London and the official meeting with the President.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Even though the outfit was appropriate for both events I'd have expected her to change because it's very different events. There is no need to greet the French president wearing something that has lasted through the day already.

I like the coat, especially the design with the buttons, very elegant.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Even though the outfit was appropriate for both events I'd have expected her to change because it's very different events. There is no need to greet the French president wearing something that has lasted through the day already.

I like the coat, especially the design with the buttons, very elegant.

She's already going to need to wear three different outfits today. Four seems excessive when one was appropriate for both events.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm disappointed she didn't change into something more fitting for Paris I was hoping for a show stopper
Old 03-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Her cocktail dress and evening dress (and new jewelry) made up for the lack of change earlier.

LaRae
Old 03-17-2017, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think Catherine's coat was gorgeous and I particularly like the velvet detail on her sleeves and pockets.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Closed Thread