The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 21: March 2017 - May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Duchess looked lovely today at the Chelsea Flower Show,great hairstyle too!

Although she looks very nive, I am not to fond of this dress. The design of the top half and the length of the dress just don't go together well for me. If the dress had been a little shorter, maybe I would have liked it more, or if the top had been sleeveless, or even if she had worn a pretty simple cardigan with it.

Or if she'd worn a different dress... :flowers:

I agree with hel that I'd have liked a different neckline, but the hem length is fine. Spring time look that lets the gardens and flowers take center stage.:flowers:

I think she looks fab but wow, tough crowd

Me too...LOVE the color and style on her. The skirt has nice soft movement as she moves and her hair is so nice up in a pony tail.

Nice feminine look to the whole outfit.

The only critique would be the way the top pulls..perhaps due to her long torso it needs altering.

LaRae

Lovely dress and print. Love her hairstyle too

Me too. Yes, the neckline would have been better had it been boat line but overall, I like the colour and length. Kate has the height to carry it off. Also love the bold print here.

Hate on the dress for the neckline, the hem, the fullness, the whatever.... It just looked perfect in situ as she strolled those garden installments.

Sometimes you don't need a POP of color because following the theme of the visit makes you look like you belong in every single garden and every single photo.

This is a perfect example of event dressing IMO. I'd not wear this dress, but I am glad she did and that she wore it here. :flowers:

The neckline looks like it is strangling her and the waistline is actually up under her bust. When is she going to start buying clothes that actually fit or have them tailored to fit? She is long waisted and time after time her off the rack clothes have the waist too high. Makes her look sloppy.

The neckline looks like it is strangling her and the waistline is actually up under her bust. When is she going to start buying clothes that actually fit or have them tailored to fit? She is long waisted and time after time her off the rack clothes have the waist too high. Makes her look sloppy.
I think she does this to give the illusion of having long legs. Pippa is built the same way.

The dress is boring, but the beautiful gardens should be what is showcased. I am so glad she wore her hair back, but her make-up is way too heavy.

I have the same problem with dresses--my natural waist is lower than the dress's waist,,,and I'm only 5'2" I think it is the way dresses are currently designed.
If she had everything custom made people would complain.

I like the dress, don't think it's dowdy at all although I agree it doesn't quite fit her at the waist and if you're going to pay the price listed on the DM site for a single piece of clothing you should pay a little extra to get it tailored.

I love her hair back in a pony tail.

My one longstanding complaint about Kate is that someone needs to teach her how to apply makeup correctly, especially blush. It shouldn't be that noticeable and it ages her.

Her hair is great pulled back :flowers:

I actually like the length. And the color is quite beautiful :flowers:

But I am a hard sell on floral prints and this one I am not buying.:sad:

But I agree, something is weird in the top. The t shirt style doesn't suit her. And something about where the waist is, kind of reminds me of maternity wear.

Sometimes her makeup is done very well....sometimes it's much darker. Not sure if she's doing it herself or make up people.

LaRae

I think the dress is very pretty. It looks like it might be silk, and the skirt has a beautiful flow when it moves. But, as is often the case, I think the styling is off. I'd have loved to see a more casual shoe (not a wedge, but maybe a strappy white shoe). Also, the earrings don't work for me. They are green, but a totally different shade of green than the dress.

Its a very lovely look by Catherine. I especially like her hairstyle, good change to her usual big curls. Her dress looks different from the ones she usually wears and I think it suits her. I would have preferred different shoes than these pointed nose pumps.

What a lovely appearance. A great dress in a lovely fit, length, print and color. I am also loving the ponytail.
I too am loving the pony!!! very soft and relaxed. The dress is a lovely addition to her wardrobe; reminds me of the Suzanne dress she wore for George's first birthday photos. I think she likes to wear green to the Flower Show so that she blends in and lets the beauty of the floral installations stand out. I think Catherine usually makes a point of not standing out when it is a multi-Royal attending event.
I think she looks fab but wow, tough crowd
I think she wore the perfect ensemble for the Chelsea Flower Show, the deep green background is not a colour many can wear but it's nice to see Catherine can. The white flower print looked lovely on her but for that much money, I think they could at least supply a bit of velcro so her belt wouldn't ride up.

I am also a great fan of whoever did her hair this morning. Her hair had height and style in front and the ponytail had lots of curls. It looked fresh and summery and showcased her green earrings. To the makeup artist be it Catherine or someone else, they really need to tone down the blush. Instead of giving her a soft warm glow she has a rough red stripe.

You are right Rudolph, it really is a tough crowd.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017...pa_at_her_wedding_this-m-13_1495474545734.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017...elsea_Flower_Show_in_g-m-22_1495478152534.jpg

Long time lurker here. I am just going to have to stop visiting this thread.

Kate wears a skirt above the knew - she needs to learn some decorum. Kate wears skirt below the knee - she looks like a matron. Kate wears pretty pastels with low key patterns (if any) - she's boring. Kate wears deeper colour with a bolder pattern - she looks like she's wearing wallpaper. Kate wears full hat - she's dressing like she's 60. Kate wears pretty fascinator - she needs to grow up. Kate wears pretty A-line skirt - she's dressing like a little girl. Kate wears simple 2-piece skirt suit - she must be borrowing from the Queen's wardrobe. Kate wears a new dress/coat/shoes - she's squandering public money. Kate repeats outfit previously worn - ugh she is sooo boring!!

So I'll say this - Kate, on the tiny little minuscule chance you or one of your staff is reading this, just do what makes you feel comfortable. You look fab 99% of the time.

After looking at a few more pictures, I think the belt should've been worn on the waist and too high up which Catherine tends to do. It does nothing to flatter her at all.

Kate wears a skirt above the knew - she needs to learn some decorum. Kate wears skirt below the knee - she looks like a matron. Kate wears pretty pastels with low key patterns (if any) - she's boring. Kate wears deeper colour with a bolder pattern - she looks like she's wearing wallpaper. Kate wears full hat - she's dressing like she's 60. Kate wears pretty fascinator - she needs to grow up. Kate wears pretty A-line skirt - she's dressing like a little girl. Kate wears simple 2-piece skirt suit - she must be borrowing from the Queen's wardrobe. Kate wears a new dress/coat/shoes - she's squandering public money. Kate repeats outfit previously worn - ugh she is sooo boring!!

So I'll say this - Kate, on the tiny little minuscule chance you or one of your staff is reading this, just do what makes you feel comfortable. You look fab 99% of the time.

Thank you. [emoji106]

Thanks for saying this.

This is certainly a polarizing dress!

Thank You!!!

My only quibble with this dress is the hem in the middle of the skirt and mainly the lack of continuity in the floral pattern there. My mum always says it’s a tell tale sign of cheap clothing. Apparently not anymore.

Time to close this thread. Thanks for all your contributions! The new thread can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom