The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 10:48 PM
Serene Highness

I like the dress, don't think it's dowdy at all although I agree it doesn't quite fit her at the waist and if you're going to pay the price listed on the DM site for a single piece of clothing you should pay a little extra to get it tailored.

I love her hair back in a pony tail.

My one longstanding complaint about Kate is that someone needs to teach her how to apply makeup correctly, especially blush. It shouldn't be that noticeable and it ages her.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Her hair is great pulled back

I actually like the length. And the color is quite beautiful

But I am a hard sell on floral prints and this one I am not buying.

But I agree, something is weird in the top. The t shirt style doesn't suit her. And something about where the waist is, kind of reminds me of maternity wear.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Sometimes her makeup is done very well....sometimes it's much darker. Not sure if she's doing it herself or make up people.

LaRae
Old 05-23-2017, 12:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Duchess of Cambridge visits the Chelsea Flower Show in London on May 22, 2017. I like her dress
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...f54&m=emnpfkll
http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...f54&m=bcojgfdp
What a surprise. This is a throwback. Those are what used to be called 'raglan sleeves' I do believe. More than retro.....yes.....matronly!
Old 05-23-2017, 01:14 AM
Nobility

I think the dress is very pretty. It looks like it might be silk, and the skirt has a beautiful flow when it moves. But, as is often the case, I think the styling is off. I'd have loved to see a more casual shoe (not a wedge, but maybe a strappy white shoe). Also, the earrings don't work for me. They are green, but a totally different shade of green than the dress.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:41 AM
Nobility

Its a very lovely look by Catherine. I especially like her hairstyle, good change to her usual big curls. Her dress looks different from the ones she usually wears and I think it suits her. I would have preferred different shoes than these pointed nose pumps.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
What a lovely appearance. A great dress in a lovely fit, length, print and color. I am also loving the ponytail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I too am loving the pony!!! very soft and relaxed. The dress is a lovely addition to her wardrobe; reminds me of the Suzanne dress she wore for George's first birthday photos. I think she likes to wear green to the Flower Show so that she blends in and lets the beauty of the floral installations stand out. I think Catherine usually makes a point of not standing out when it is a multi-Royal attending event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I think she looks fab but wow, tough crowd
I think she wore the perfect ensemble for the Chelsea Flower Show, the deep green background is not a colour many can wear but it's nice to see Catherine can. The white flower print looked lovely on her but for that much money, I think they could at least supply a bit of velcro so her belt wouldn't ride up.

I am also a great fan of whoever did her hair this morning. Her hair had height and style in front and the ponytail had lots of curls. It looked fresh and summery and showcased her green earrings. To the makeup artist be it Catherine or someone else, they really need to tone down the blush. Instead of giving her a soft warm glow she has a rough red stripe.

You are right Rudolph, it really is a tough crowd.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...5474545734.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...5478152534.jpg
Old 05-23-2017, 02:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I like the hairstyle, the dress is meh.

And another case of the Dutchess not being 'thrifty', why another green dress with another one already in the closet never worn in full view.
http://whatkatewore.com/2014/07/21/k...rthday-photos/
Old 05-23-2017, 02:42 AM

Long time lurker here. I am just going to have to stop visiting this thread.

Kate wears a skirt above the knew - she needs to learn some decorum. Kate wears skirt below the knee - she looks like a matron. Kate wears pretty pastels with low key patterns (if any) - she's boring. Kate wears deeper colour with a bolder pattern - she looks like she's wearing wallpaper. Kate wears full hat - she's dressing like she's 60. Kate wears pretty fascinator - she needs to grow up. Kate wears pretty A-line skirt - she's dressing like a little girl. Kate wears simple 2-piece skirt suit - she must be borrowing from the Queen's wardrobe. Kate wears a new dress/coat/shoes - she's squandering public money. Kate repeats outfit previously worn - ugh she is sooo boring!!

So I'll say this - Kate, on the tiny little minuscule chance you or one of your staff is reading this, just do what makes you feel comfortable. You look fab 99% of the time.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:53 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

After looking at a few more pictures, I think the belt should've been worn on the waist and too high up which Catherine tends to do. It does nothing to flatter her at all.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumPunch View Post

Kate wears a skirt above the knew - she needs to learn some decorum. Kate wears skirt below the knee - she looks like a matron. Kate wears pretty pastels with low key patterns (if any) - she's boring. Kate wears deeper colour with a bolder pattern - she looks like she's wearing wallpaper. Kate wears full hat - she's dressing like she's 60. Kate wears pretty fascinator - she needs to grow up. Kate wears pretty A-line skirt - she's dressing like a little girl. Kate wears simple 2-piece skirt suit - she must be borrowing from the Queen's wardrobe. Kate wears a new dress/coat/shoes - she's squandering public money. Kate repeats outfit previously worn - ugh she is sooo boring!!

So I'll say this - Kate, on the tiny little minuscule chance you or one of your staff is reading this, just do what makes you feel comfortable. You look fab 99% of the time.

Thank you.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Thanks for saying this.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-23-2017, 10:34 AM
Serene Highness

Looks like fabric for curtains.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

This is certainly a polarizing dress!
Old 05-23-2017, 11:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Thank You!!!
Old 05-23-2017, 12:14 PM
Serene Highness

I will just another Thank You to RumPunch!
Old 05-23-2017, 12:45 PM
Nobility

And yet another thank you/totally agree to RumPunch
Old 05-23-2017, 01:33 PM
Nobility

My only quibble with this dress is the hem in the middle of the skirt and mainly the lack of continuity in the floral pattern there. My mum always says it’s a tell tale sign of cheap clothing. Apparently not anymore.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Time to close this thread. Thanks for all your contributions! The new thread can be found here.