The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 12:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
For me, it's the neckline.. it seems to be awkwardly high and looks like it would be uncomfortable to wear.

Personally, I'm a fan of midi length and wish there were more of them available.
I'm also not very fond of t-shirt necked clothing and would have prefered it in a boatneck style. But it's still very pretty and I looooooove the skirt of it. It's so flowy. That length with quite alot of fabric just is so feminine and moves wonderfully. It just screams at you to twirl when wearing it!

Old 05-22-2017, 12:59 PM
Royal Highness

Duchess of Cambridge arrives at the Chelsea Flower Show | Daily Mail Online

I'm not too fond of the necline either but overall it's a nice print, great color with an appropriate length. Should've worn different shoes though.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
What a lovely appearance. A great dress in a lovely fit, length, print and color. I am also loving the ponytail.
I too am loving the pony!!! very soft and relaxed. The dress is a lovely addition to her wardrobe; reminds me of the Suzanne dress she wore for George's first birthday photos. I think she likes to wear green to the Flower Show so that she blends in and lets the beauty of the floral installations stand out. I think Catherine usually makes a point of not standing out when it is a multi-Royal attending event.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't care for it.
I am not fond of mid-length dresses; they tend to create a dowdy impression.
55% of the time Kate is going to look dowdy, and this is one of those times.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-22-2017, 01:44 PM
Nobility

Well I love that dress. It’s something I would love to wear if I managed to look good in it. Which I don’t btw. She has the hight and the figure for it and it’s completely on trend.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:46 PM
Nobility

Calf length dresses seem to be polarizing. I quite like them especially with fuller skirt. And I really dislike full skirts above the knee.

I like the color and print of Kate's dress and the length, don't mind the neckline or cap sleeve--but I don't like the design of the top. I think set in sleeves would be more attractive.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:54 PM
Aristocracy

I like those midi length skirts on Catherine, Sophie and the other Royal ladies. The shorter dresses and skirts, especially wrap dresses, seem problematic with exiting cars.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I think she looks fab but wow, tough crowd
Old 05-22-2017, 02:59 PM
Serene Highness

She looks lovely - I like the dress style and the print, I couldn't wear that high neck but I think it looks good. I love the hair off her face like that.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I like those midi length skirts on Catherine, Sophie and the other Royal ladies. The shorter dresses and skirts, especially wrap dresses, seem problematic with exiting cars.
exactly! I think the longer hemlines are a more practical part of her working wardrobe (albeit sometimes regrettably). Especially if she anticipates the need to be agile (i.e. with kneeling with kids).
Old 05-22-2017, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I thought the Duchess looked lovely today at the Chelsea Flower Show,great hairstyle too!
Old 05-22-2017, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
Although she looks very nive, I am not to fond of this dress. The design of the top half and the length of the dress just don't go together well for me. If the dress had been a little shorter, maybe I would have liked it more, or if the top had been sleeveless, or even if she had worn a pretty simple cardigan with it.

Or if she'd worn a different dress...
Old 05-22-2017, 04:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with hel that I'd have liked a different neckline, but the hem length is fine. Spring time look that lets the gardens and flowers take center stage.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I think she looks fab but wow, tough crowd
Me too...LOVE the color and style on her. The skirt has nice soft movement as she moves and her hair is so nice up in a pony tail.

Nice feminine look to the whole outfit.

The only critique would be the way the top pulls..perhaps due to her long torso it needs altering.

LaRae
Old 05-22-2017, 05:32 PM
Majesty

Lovely dress and print. Love her hairstyle too
Old 05-22-2017, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Me too. Yes, the neckline would have been better had it been boat line but overall, I like the colour and length. Kate has the height to carry it off. Also love the bold print here.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Hate on the dress for the neckline, the hem, the fullness, the whatever.... It just looked perfect in situ as she strolled those garden installments.

Sometimes you don't need a POP of color because following the theme of the visit makes you look like you belong in every single garden and every single photo.

This is a perfect example of event dressing IMO. I'd not wear this dress, but I am glad she did and that she wore it here.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:14 PM
Nobility

The neckline looks like it is strangling her and the waistline is actually up under her bust. When is she going to start buying clothes that actually fit or have them tailored to fit? She is long waisted and time after time her off the rack clothes have the waist too high. Makes her look sloppy.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrothead View Post
The neckline looks like it is strangling her and the waistline is actually up under her bust. When is she going to start buying clothes that actually fit or have them tailored to fit? She is long waisted and time after time her off the rack clothes have the waist too high. Makes her look sloppy.
I think she does this to give the illusion of having long legs. Pippa is built the same way.

The dress is boring, but the beautiful gardens should be what is showcased. I am so glad she wore her hair back, but her make-up is way too heavy.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrothead View Post
I have the same problem with dresses--my natural waist is lower than the dress's waist,,,and I'm only 5'2" I think it is the way dresses are currently designed.
If she had everything custom made people would complain.

Closed Thread